Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-10, 10:00 PM   #91
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed97tsi View Post
I got it also, at the Best electronics retailer near an air force base in South Easternish Pennsylvania. They had 4 copies left and also about 20 copies of Supreme Commander 2.

Installing it now, I'll see if I can actually play it. I didn't have anything with today's date so if you don't believe me, too bad
I'm sorry but that was...

Epic !
Old 02-26-10, 10:00 PM   #92
crashed97tsi
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

There are camels in there too......
crashed97tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 10:06 PM   #93
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

One of you fella's with the game should pull the plug on your internet connection for 8 minutes or so and see what happens. Could confirm or deny for everyone, most of the drama on this forum.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 10:08 PM   #94
crashed97tsi
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
One of you fella's with the game should pull the plug on your internet connection for 8 minutes or so and see what happens. Could confirm or deny for everyone, most of the drama on this forum.
I'll do it, but confirm or deny what? I'm a big fan of the series, but honestly I had no idea this game was this close to release. I was walking through, saw it and scooped it up.

Let me know what you want to find out, and I'll confirm it for you.
Old 02-26-10, 10:14 PM   #95
ThePinkSubmarine
Seaman

Downloads: 1

Some guys have all the luck...
It's just another couple of days for the rest of us! As everyone else has been saying -- can you guys post some screenshots?
ThePinkSubmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 10:15 PM   #96
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67

This is per all the DRM threads. The rumor is that if you lose your internet connection, the game will pause until connection is re established, or you get booted, possibly losing your progress in the game.. I know neal posted a video of it, but nothing happened. Heard later that it took 6 minutes before he was booted from the game. Long story short, from what ive read/heard, the game requires a CONSTANT internet connection, if it doesn't have one, it stops working in some form. Im guessing there's a timeout period before it does that .. IF it does that.

So if someone can confirm it does that or not, the local injun's will be either really happy, or boiling mad on the warpath. lol.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 10:20 PM   #97
Heretic
Commodore

Downloads: 240

And when you get booted/paused/whatever, if you tell us if you can save at that point or not, please.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 10:26 PM   #98
IanC
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

Can you even play it? The servers might not be up until the official release date.
IanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 10:27 PM   #99
bert8for3
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 110

Well, I'm up and running. Been playing for a couple of hours or more.

I am not going to "review" or comment for now. In a couple of hours I've only been through the training mission and am just going on my first war patrol. I'm still getting a handle on the controls (and lest anyone think that infers that the controls are lousy, not at all; if it's taking me longer than others might take it's only because I'm hamfisted and slow with it etc. Running on the default settings for now until I get used to things. So sorry if it disappoints, but it would be totally premature to say anything other than the following, keeping in mind it's obviously in relation to my pc and my internet connection.

It looks great, runs smoothly, has nice controls (the ones I've used so far) . I don't want to get into the DRM for/against thing; just that I've had no problem so far with the online aspect. No, I'm sorry, I haven't played around with disconnecting from the internet yet. Having too much fun exploring.

I've taken some screenshots (I think). I'll see if I can locate them as and when I stop playing and post them, which I'm afraid may be quite a while.
Old 02-26-10, 10:31 PM   #100
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert8for3 View Post
Well, I'm up and running. Been playing for a couple of hours or more.

I am not going to "review" or comment for now. In a couple of hours I've only been through the training mission and am just going on my first war patrol. I'm still getting a handle on the controls. etc. Running on the default settings for now until I get used to things. So sorry if it disappoints, but it would be totally premature to say anything other than the following, keeping in mind it's obviously in relation to my pc and my internet connection.

It looks great, runs smoothly, has nice controls (the ones I've used so far) . I don't want to get into the DRM for/against thing; just that I've had no problem so far with the online aspect. No, I'm sorry, I haven't played around with disconnecting from the internet yet. Having too much fun exploring.

I've taken some screenshots (I think). I'll see if I can locate them as and when I stop playing and post them, which I'm afraid may be quite a while.
Can you find where to set the spread?

I have already figured out that you can set up hot keys np. Your standing anywhere hit the edited hot key and your at any station. Just have to edit the commands file like in SH4.

I cant figure out where my battery and fuel levels are...

I did disconnect a few times and nothing stopped. DRM isn't owning anything yet and I am screwing around with editing the cfg. So I am loading over and over, its one click on the Sh5 iconm the DRM loads in 5 secs your on the intro window. I already removed the intro movies though so mine goes right to loading. The explosions are sweeet!!!
ddrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 10:35 PM   #101
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
Can you even play it? The servers might not be up until the official release date.
I loaded LAN and UBI game np, no joiners yet tho ;P
ddrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 10:39 PM   #102
bert8for3
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrgn View Post
Can you find where to set the spread?

I have already figured out that you can set up hot keys np. Your standing anywhere hit the edited hot key and your at any station. Just have to edit the commands file like in SH4.

I cant figure out where my battery and fuel levels are...

I did disconnect a few times and nothing stopped. DRM isn't owning anything yet and I am screwing around with editing the cfg. So I am loading over and over, its one click on the Sh5 iconm the DRM loads in 5 secs your on the intro window. I already removed the intro movies though so mine goes right to loading. The explosions are sweeet!!!
You're way ahead of me by the sounds of it, so I can't answer re the spread. Tks yr info tho.
Old 02-26-10, 10:51 PM   #103
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

OK UBI let's see how long I can resist SHV.

Please! comments, let them in! For the free flow of information and opinion!
Old 02-26-10, 10:53 PM   #104
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

Que twilight zone music.. !!!
Old 02-26-10, 10:54 PM   #105
crashed97tsi
Swabbie

Ok, here is an update for you on the whole DRM thing. The game plays and ran fine when my internet connection was up. So, to test the whole DRM thing, I went to go to disable my ethernet adapter.

Now, I am not trying to scare anyone here, but I am almost 100% positive that I could always disable the adapter, even when a program was using the internet connection. But for whatever reason when I went to disable the adapter this time I got this:

So, I then pulled my cord at about 10:41PM, and went back to the game. By 10:43, this popped up:

There was no opportunity to save your progress or anything, it just popped up with that screen. Also, when I popped the cord back in the game was the last thing to restore. My internet, weather connection, etc all game back first.

It is pretty draconian if you ask me. Luckily SH is really the only Ubisoft game I play.

Now as for screenshots of the game, I'll take some once I get used to it. It all just feels a little odd right now, the beginning is not what I expected.

Last edited by crashed97tsi; 02-27-10 at 12:07 AM.