Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 09-14-15, 02:28 AM   #331
Deutschmark
Weps

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

There is two fixes now up for download!

One for the Zeppelin fuel and the other for the Northern Italy Zeppelin hanger

You can get them here in the first post;
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=34879&start=0

Deutschmark
Deutschmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-15, 07:17 AM   #332
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon14

God, i dare not to ask .. is this sim really up and running ?!

I have been looking at what you do a long time ago (back then KOA von D. ?), now i saw a WW1 -U-Boat, periscope, tanks to drive, what??

This is phantastic, will have a closer look as soon as time allows

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-15, 10:52 AM   #333
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
God, i dare not to ask .. is this sim really up and running ?!

I have been looking at what you do a long time ago (back then KOA von D. ?), now i saw a WW1 -U-Boat, periscope, tanks to drive, what??

This is phantastic, will have a closer look as soon as time allows
Just make sure you have a jar for your last message! No Brit fisherman will help you! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LZ_54_(L_19)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-15, 12:27 PM   #334
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Yes... L 19 and the 'King Stephen'. Not an incident to boast about

It is said [sic] that the Captain of the 'King Stephen' was afraid to take all those enemies aboard, for fear of losing his ship. Back in port 'it is said' he immediately alarmed the authorities and (it is said that) some Navy ships put out to sea and looked for the survivors, but this was of course too late (if it happened..)
It is also said that the captain regretted what he had done .. but for whatever cause, the whole crew of the L 19 perished.
The incident became known to Germany because of a drift bottle, put to sea by one of the L 30's Crew. It was of course used for german propaganda ..

On the other hand, Entente propagada had painted the usual picture of the dastardly hun, crucifying canadian soldiers, bayonnetting belgien babies, and german airships were the 'baby killers', on the big Propaganda posters.
The fear of those murderous german madmen painted by propaganda, has sure 'helped' the captain in his decision.

The truth was a bit different. Zeppelins of Course DID bomb England's ground including London, but:
"... when it comes to the business of making munitions in London, no hand could be spared, for from the spring of 1915 London had begun to transform itself into one of the greatest killing machines in human history." (Jerry White, Zeppelin nights - London in the First World War, 2014, p. 92)

A bit OT:
Regarding the U-boat war Germany indeed never really led an unrestricted U-boat war (and i can prove that), and mostly (very few exceptions) used the prize regulation against neutral shipping, and merchantmen. Military troop transports though, were a completely other thing..
British propaganda certainly painted another picture, as did everyone in the war when it came to the enemy's bedeviling..

A lot of british seamen from sunk fishing boats were towed to the next coast by the very U-boat that sank them, some of the crews saw their enemies 2-3 times, and were towed to the coast as often. By order of the british authorities they were not allowed to speak about it, with draconian threats and even death penalty, it would have undermined the Propaganda effort and was thus rated as treason (speaking the truth is often rated as such..)
But I mention this to explain why the captain of the 'King Stephen' probably did, what he did.

[/OT]

B.t.w. the L 30 mentioned in this thread was never shot down, and survived the war. A lot of ist vital parts were sent to Brussels after the war, and can be visited in Brussel's Aviation Museum.

L 30 in flight:

L 30 landing:

L 30 rear Gondola, in Brussles:

L 30 and Hangar:

The mooring mast as seen in the above pictures of Deutschmark is from another decade though, 1930ies .. but i still like it all

Greetings,
Catfish

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 09-16-15 at 12:44 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-15, 01:33 PM   #335
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default murderous zepplins and wicked trawlers

The next morning a British fishing vessel, The King Stephen sighted the L 19's distress signals. When the captain and crew arrived, they found Germans aboard the sinking ship: the captain refused to rescue them and left them to die. As the weather worsened, Zeppelin crewmembers wrote personal messages and an account of what had happened before placing the notes in several bottles and tossing them into the roiling sea. When the Royal Navy made a search of the area, no airship or crew were found. It was four months after the incident when a crewman’s body washed ashore, and six months until bottles began washing up on shore to tell the story. Royal Navy ships made a search of the area but they found no trace of the Zeppelin or her crew. The body of one of the Germans washed ashore four months later at Løkken in Denmark. In 1964, a journalist researching the incident checked Admiralty archives and interviewed two surviving members of the King Stephen's crew. This revealed that Martin had indeed been fishing in a forbidden zone and had initially given the naval authorities a false position for the Zeppelin in order to conceal this, making the Royal Navy search for the airship futile. Martin's own account:A Grimsby steam-trawler skipper, William Martin, said that before daybreak on 2 February he saw lights flashing in the distance. "I went towards the lights and discovered a huge mass of wreckage on the water," he told a Times correspondent. "I stood by and at daybreak found the wreckage was that of a large German airship bearing the identification mark L-19. The cabins were under water and so was a large part of the envelope, but a large portion was still above.
"On a raised platform on top of the envelope were seven or eight members of the crew, who hailed us in broken English saying: "Save us, save us! We will give you plenty of money'. An officer offered gold, but as he did so, 20 crew appeared."
The skipper of the unarmed trawler felt it would be unwise to take the Zeppelin's men aboard, as they outnumbered his own crew, so he went off and reported the incident to a British naval vessel. As he sailed away the Germans were shouting "Gott strafe England!" but a gale then got up and the airship probably foundered.'" The King Stephen never again sailed as a fishing vessel. After her return, she was taken over by the Royal Navy for use as a Q-ship, under the command of Lieutenant Tom Phillips RNR. She was sunk 12 weeks later, on the 25 April 1916. An official German communiqué, reported by the New York Times, stated she had been sunk by one of the German vessels taking part in the Bombardment of Yarmouth and Lowestoft. The King Stephen, now fitted with a 3 pounder Hotchkiss gun, had fired on and pursued a surfaced U-boat, but then inadvertently steamed directly into the path of the returning German fleet. She was sunk by the torpedo boat SMS G41 and her crew taken prisoner. The King Stephen's name was notorious to the Germans and Lt. Phillips was charged with war crimes upon reaching Germany. However, the charges were dropped and he and his crew were treated as normal prisoners-of-war after a photograph of William Martin was published in a British newspaper and the Germans realized they held another man. William Martin himself died of heart-failure in Grimsby, slightly over a year after encountering the L 19, on the 24 February 1917. He had received a large numbers of letters, including both letters of support and, reportedly, hate-mail and death-threats. LT Odo Loewe's last message in a bottle found six months later:
"With fifteen men on the top platform and backbone girder of the L 19, floating without gondolas in approximately 3 degrees East longitude, I am attempting to send a last report. Engine trouble three times repeated, a light wind on the return journey delayed our return and, in the mist, carried us over Holland where I was received with heavy rifle fire; the ship became heavy and simultaneously three engines broke down. 2 February 1916, towards one o'clock, will apparently be our last hour. [wiki]
— Loewe http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02069kp

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 09-16-15, 06:54 PM   #336
Deutschmark
Weps

Hi Guys,

I would like to say I like this convocation you are having here, its really great!

Hi Catfish,

Yes this is KoA von D from the old red baron 3D days and I do remember you!

As to your question, yes this CK game is up and running with many enjoying it.

The mooring mast is from the 30's, I used the one I did for my Hindenburg for the mother game engine of CK be it VSF back in 2012, I also use many other parts as well for the WW1 Zeppelin.
Here is a few links to the Hindenburg so you can have a look if you like;

The download link with photos;
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/fo...=33619&start=0

A video link done by a user member;

Glad you like what you see here Catfish!
You still play online Catfish? we are going to start having online fun days with CK game, hope you join us and enjoy the fun.

To all, working on the next new CK plane now, maybe in about 4 to 6 days if all goes ok you will all get your first look at her in game.

Deutschmark
Old 09-17-15, 09:17 PM   #337
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I think it will be a hoot to replicate historic Zeppelin raids so I do hope the large map becomes available. I zoomed way out from the island base and found myself in the Caribbean!

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-15, 05:09 AM   #338
Deutschmark
Weps

Hi Buddahaid,

Yes the island map is a none WW1 map it was made for quick online dogfights much like the one that was in red baron 3D so I looked for a good place in the world that was removed from the WW1 conflict to make the island map as this game has to use real world data for any map made for it and the middle of Cuba work out just fine for it with some trimming.

Deutschmark
Old 09-18-15, 08:53 AM   #339
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
and the middle of Cuba work out just fine for it with some trimming.
Well airships are cigar shaped.

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-18-15 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-19-15, 04:22 AM   #340
Deutschmark
Weps

I am still at it and here we go again!

Have your first look at Canvas Knights Royal Aircraft Factory RE8

As always still much left to do on her, but I think about a week
or so and she will be up for download.

Deutschmark
Old 09-20-15, 04:55 AM   #341
Deutschmark
Weps

New Nieuport 17 Red Army skin pack out today by Voenlet

You can get it here;
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/fo...=34885&start=0

Deutschmark
Old 09-24-15, 05:21 AM   #342
Deutschmark
Weps

Update!

The instruments are now in and working.

The pilots are now in, engine rocker arms and guns are now working with animations.

The hit boxes are done and the game just takes all the parts and throws them everywhere
till I get the damage CFG done to govern the game engine on what to do with the parts.

And up up and away we go!

Left to do;
Damage 3D model.
Damage CFG.
Damage texture.
A few skins.

Deutschmark
Old 09-24-15, 10:09 AM   #343
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

KOOL! Came across this trite but interesting article http://www.airspacemag.com/history-o...no-ist=&page=1

Old 09-30-15, 07:56 AM   #344
Deutschmark
Weps

The Royal Aircraft Factory RE8 for Canvas Knights is now up for download!

You can get it here;
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/fo...=34887&start=0

Hope you all enjoy the RE8.
Deutschmark
Old 09-30-15, 07:05 PM   #345
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

The RE8 is great! Such an ungainly looker but ugly in a beautiful way.

My favorite is still the Zeppelin....

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote