SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-12-20, 11:44 AM   #1
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 Cmmndr NoFatigue issue.

Hellooooo

I am using SH3 GWX3 with SH3 Commander, installed as carefully and up to date as I could tell.

I am using the No Fatigue model in Cmmndr but the crew icons are still showing changes in endurance even with some getting the red exclamation points...
Is this correct??

Commander and SH3 appear to be working together, (although I have to nudge the game with the SH3 icon to get it to load, but the game appears to run OK.

The Fatigue model behaving this way bothers me because I wonder if it's working.
Plerase chime in if you have an opinion on this.
Thanks
Old 02-12-20, 11:46 AM   #2
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
Hellooooo

I am using SH3 GWX3 with SH3 Commander, installed as carefully and up to date as I could tell.

I am using the No Fatigue model in Cmmndr but the crew icons are still showing changes in endurance even with some getting the red exclamation points...
Is this correct??

Commander and SH3 appear to be working together, (although I have to nudge the game with the SH3 icon to get it to load, but the game appears to run OK.

The Fatigue model behaving this way bothers me because I wonder if it's working.
Plerase chime in if you have an opinion on this.
Thanks
It sounds like you're using your sh3.exe icon to start the game vs. starting it via Commander ?

If so, that is the problem; doing so enables the game's default fatigue model.

To use Commander's "No fatigue" model (or any other in Commander), you have to start the game via Commander.
Old 02-12-20, 01:09 PM   #3
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
It sounds like you're using your sh3.exe icon to start the game vs. starting it via Commander ?

If so, that is the problem; doing so enables the game's default fatigue model.

To use Commander's "No fatigue" model (or any other in Commander), you have to start the game via Commander.
Thank You for responding.
Yes, I start the game with the Commander Icon and it looks as if it's loading the game, but the game doesn't launch. I will then hit the SH3 icon and launch the game. Commanderis still working. I did solve the fatigue problem but it cost me the career.
So now the only issue is Commander is not fully launching the game. If I close out the game and try to restart Commander, I get a message saying that an instance of commander is already running. It will not let me run commander again until I shutdown the computer. (It does not appear in task manager at this point).
I did read someones post with a similar problem that disappeared on its own after some time.
Anyway, that's where it stands at this time, but at least the game is functioning normally once it's loaded. Commander is working with GWX but it has this one quirk...
Thank you again for the input
Old 02-12-20, 04:09 PM   #4
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Thank You for responding.
Yes, I start the game with the Commander Icon and it looks as if it's loading the game, but the game doesn't launch. I will then hit the SH3 icon and launch the game. Commanderis still working. I did solve the fatigue problem but it cost me the career.
So now the only issue is Commander is not fully launching the game. If I close out the game and try to restart Commander, I get a message saying that an instance of commander is already running. It will not let me run commander again until I shutdown the computer. (It does not appear in task manager at this point).
I did read someones post with a similar problem that disappeared on its own after some time.
Anyway, that's where it stands at this time, but at least the game is functioning normally once it's loaded. Commander is working with GWX but it has this one quirk...
Thank you again for the input

I know that in the Commander's info. it says starting the game outside of it a few times can cause problems.

Maybe try re-installing Commander again.

What do you mean when you say Commander tries to launch the game but it doesn't launch ?
Where does it stop; on the Commander screen or the GWX screen ?

Post what mods you have installed and what order if you can.
Old 02-12-20, 04:31 PM   #5
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

@Dogfish40

If you're running Win-7 there may be a conflict between SH3 Commander and either or both of the system files Rundll32.dll and Gameux.dll.

The fix is relatively simple, there is an entire thread on the issue here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=241470

If that's a TLDR thing for you then one fix buried in the thread is here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...5&postcount=34

Good luck.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 11:56 AM   #6
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Default Will try

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
I know that in the Commander's info. it says starting the game outside of it a few times can cause problems.

Maybe try re-installing Commander again.

What do you mean when you say Commander tries to launch the game but it doesn't launch ?
Where does it stop; on the Commander screen or the GWX screen ?

Post what mods you have installed and what order if you can.
I might try reinstalling it after this patrol. As far as where it stops- When I press the launch button in Cmmndr, the Windows loading icon appears on screen (the little radar circle-Best I can describe it) like it's loading, then it disappears and nothing happens. I then hit the SH3 shrtct and it launches.

I must say, that Cmmndr is working with GWX just fine. The more I restart Cmmndr, the original problem with No Crew Fatigue has gone away.
If it wasn't for this one quirk, it would be perfect.

I Will reinstall Commander at the start of the next Patrol, but I don't want to lose this career just yet. If nearly everything seems to be in order....I'd like to see if the loading problem doesn't disappear as well.

I will take your advise after this patrol, thanks
Old 02-13-20, 12:50 PM   #7
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
I might try reinstalling it after this patrol. As far as where it stops- When I press the launch button in Cmmndr, the Windows loading icon appears on screen (the little radar circle-Best I can describe it) like it's loading, then it disappears and nothing happens. I then hit the SH3 shrtct and it launches.

I must say, that Cmmndr is working with GWX just fine. The more I restart Cmmndr, the original problem with No Crew Fatigue has gone away.
If it wasn't for this one quirk, it would be perfect.

I Will reinstall Commander at the start of the next Patrol, but I don't want to lose this career just yet. If nearly everything seems to be in order....I'd like to see if the loading problem doesn't disappear as well.

I will take your advise after this patrol, thanks
Re-installing Commander won't affect your patrol; it runs outside of the game and is not a mod.
If unsure, back up your career first by copying it's files to somewhere on your pc. I do this after every patrol anyway, just in case something happens pc-wise.
Career files are found at <your drive>documents\<your sh3 install name\data\cfg\careers. I.e., mine are at C:\documents\NYG\data\cfg\careers for my NYGM install.
Randomizer has some good tips above too.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 02-13-20 at 05:11 PM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote