SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-03-20, 09:35 AM   #166
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846
Uploads: 0

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...7&postcount=23
Old 06-03-20, 02:54 PM   #167
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I'm not sure about the question as regards in-game usage, but in real life the UZO was just a set of binoculars attached to a special mount. When the Uboat surfaced the binoculars had to be carried up from the conning tower and mounted. When the boat dived the binocular was carried below, as they were not waterproofed.
when you use the uzo command the uzo didnt spam (3d model) but if you get the uzo visual from lower icon in magui, it let you use it. As far i know i shouldnt work that way, you should click over the 3d model to see the uzo screen. Or mybe i understand this worng in the past, it have been a long since i read it.
Old 06-04-20, 03:51 AM   #168
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...36&postcount=1
Let's see the source. I did not find the Ace's post where it says that there is a limited number of animation files that can be used without duplication. It can be a crew + flag (which is logical).

Yes, the Stand alone mod was written for GWX. I'm using it with CCoM10.

Perhaps, this is the reason why there is a link between the Crew on deck and UZO?
Old 06-04-20, 03:58 AM   #169
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelarrefox View Post
when you use the uzo command the uzo didnt spam (3d model) but if you get the uzo visual from lower icon in magui, it let you use it. As far i know i shouldnt work that way, you should click over the 3d model to see the uzo screen. Or mybe i understand this worng in the past, it have been a long since i read it.
You can easily turn off the Look through UZO when it is not on the bridge.
Commands_en(de).cfg
[Cmd**]
Name=UZO_camera
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F020014
;Key0=0x55,,"U"
Page=0x28000000,3718
GoBack=Conning_deck_camera
Old 01-26-22, 04:29 PM   #170
Alex_Blade
Swabbie

Downloads: 80

Hi, everyone!

Many thanks to authors of this mod. That is the great stuff.

There is one minor bug with rudders on the U-boats. They don't turn correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I the only one?

P.S. I've fixed this rudders for myself by editing .dat files in "/Submarine" folder. But i wonder why wasn't this bug reported earlier?

https://fastpic.org/view/116/2022/01...0f89.jpeg.html

https://fastpic.org/view/116/2022/01...bf8d.jpeg.html

Last edited by Alex_Blade; 01-26-22 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Not correct links to images
Alex_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 01:35 PM   #171
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Blade View Post
There is one minor bug with rudders on the U-boats. They don't turn correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I the only one?
Comment on your screenshots. U-Boat moves forward/back turns left/right Propellers rotate in one direction, etc.
Old 01-27-22, 02:38 PM   #172
Alex_Blade
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Comment on your screenshots.
OK. I'm trying.
Take a closer look. When you command hard to port/starboard, submarine's rudder stock falls out of his place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20220128_003217_090.jpg (94.4 KB, 34 views)
Old 01-27-22, 04:13 PM   #173
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Alex_Blade!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 11:10 AM   #174
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
OK. I'm trying.
Take a closer look. When you command hard to port/starboard, submarine's rudder stock falls out of his place.
Hi, I try a single mission with VIIC or B and Toyotagt86 mod, the rudder was Ok

Old 02-04-22, 11:32 AM   #175
Alex_Blade
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Hi, I try a single mission with VIIC or B and Toyotagt86 mod, the rudder was Ok
I have Toyotagt86 mod. He use TKSS18 U-boat Compilation Annenerbe U-boat models.

This issue affects only the Wise's VII U-boat models.
Old 02-06-22, 10:29 AM   #176
Alex_Blade
Swabbie

Quote:
But i wonder why wasn't this bug reported earlier?
=== FOR RUSSIAN COMRADES ===

Спустя некоторое время, я смог найти ответ на этот вопрос, и на некторые другие.

Дело в том, что об ошибках с рулем ранее уже сообщали в другом треде. Также там сообщалось о проблемах с гребными винтами.
В итоге винты, которые были взяты вообще с другого типа лодок (9 тип, если я не ошибаюсь) были заменены на новые, созданные с нуля. Рули также были исправлены. Но эти изменения так и не были опубликованы на Сабсиме в виде патча или отдельной модификации.

С тех пор мод активно развивался на русском форуме КСД 2, и претерпел значительные изменения по сравнению с версией мода опубликованной в первом посте. Сменилось даже название мода: теперь он носит название "U.-W&S_VII_Series", оригинальная версия этой новой модификации вероятно была утеряна вместе с переездом форума на новый домен.

Единственное что осталось это патч для данной модификации "U.-W&S_VII_Patch201812" опубликованный ранее на Сабсиме товарищем Анвар1061. Помимо добавления потоков воды на лодки, рубки и перископы, он также исправлял проблемы упомянутые выше. Проблема в том, что данный патч не совместим с версией мода, опубликованной в первом посте, который не обновлялся с 2015 года.

Стоит упомянуть о том, что даже с этим патчем данная версия мода не будет актуальной. Актуальная версия этого мода есть в сборке GWX Reworked RUS от Анвар1061.
Так что если вы хотите получить новые модели семерок, новые модели рубок (VIIC/2, VIIC/3, VIIC/4 a.k.a. U-Flak), новые модели перископов, новые модели сенсоров (радары, шнорхели, антенны), новые модели орудий, вымпелы и флаги для лодок, построение команды на палубе, и многое другое...
Добро пожаловать в GWX Reworked!!!

Но я хочу предложить альтернативный путь для тех кто просто хочет получить исправления (основанные на патче U.-W&S_VII_Patch201812) первоначальной версией мода 2015 года.

=== Sorry for some Google translate mistakes ===
After some time, I have found the answer to this question, and some others.

The fact is that errors with the rudders have already been reported in another thread. There were also reported problems with the propellers.
As a result, propellers that were taken from a different type of boat (type 9, if I'm not mistaken) were replaced with new ones created from scratch. The rudders have also been fixed. But these changes were never published on subsim in the form of a patch or new modification.

Since then, the mod has been actively developed on the Russian KSD team forum, and has undergone significant changes compared to the version of the mod published in the first post. Even the name of the mod has changed: now it is called "U.-W&S_VII_Series", the original version of this new mod was probably lost along with the forum moving to a new domain.

The only thing left is the patch for this modification "U.-W&S_VII_Patch201812" published earlier on subsim by Anvar1061.
In addition to adding water streams to boats, turms and periscopes, it also fixing the problems mentioned above. The problem is that this patch is not compatible with the version of the mod posted in the first post, which hasn't been updated since 2015.

It is worth noting that with the application of this patch, the mod will not be relevant. The current version of this mod presents in the mod GWX Reworked by Anvar1061.

So if you want to get new U-Boat type VII models, new turm models (VIIC/2, VIIC/3, VIIC/4 a.k.a. U-Flak), new periscope models, new sensor models (radar, snorkels, antennas), new U-Boat guns models, "eye candies" like subpens, crew on the deck, and much more...
Welcome to GWX Reworked!!!

But I want to offer an alternative way for those who just want to get fixes (based on U.-W&S_VII_Patch201812) for the original 2015 version.
Old 02-06-22, 10:30 AM   #177
Alex_Blade
Swabbie

There is my patch "U.-W&S_Patch201812" adaptation for German U-boats Compilation 2 mod.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ciuz0...tion_2.7z/file

This patch includes:
- new water stream effects for VIIB/VIIC boat, turms and periscopes;
- rudders and propellers fixes;
- periscopes change feature: from 01 April 1940 the new periscopes with wave
deflectors will be installed on VIIB and VIIC U-boats. Until 01 April 1940 you will have pre-war periscopes.

Also it fixes an issue with propellers texturing, which, by the way, is present in GWX Reworked. I suppose that my variation is correct.

==== JSGME install order ===

- German U-Boats Compilation 2 (only VIIB & VIIC models by WISE)
- U.-W&S_Patch201812 for German U-boats Compilation 2
- [Optional: Stream_BlueWater]
- [Optional: one or several similar turms from /Optional folder (for example: 7b-1940-Weis, 7c-1940-similar-U-96-Weiss)]
- [Optional: sub skins from original mod (for example: Skin U-552 VIIC-Wise)]
- [FixAllSubGWX as an option]

=== ORIGINAL CREDITS ===
Water Generators - KSD2 Team
Adapting, Modeling - Sphere
Support, Modeling - Wise
Textures/colours - Onealex

Last edited by Alex_Blade; 02-06-22 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-06-22, 01:04 PM   #178
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Welcome to GWX Reworked!!!
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 02-06-22, 01:36 PM   #179
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Thank you very much Alex_Blade
Old 09-22-22, 07:04 PM   #180
Oberleutnant nederlander
Mate

Downloads: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnenerbe View Post
Hi all.
Alex Wise gave me his new job. Have been found some bugs and corrected, currently turm is ready for use. From myself I added that is used in the compilation. Later there will be links on the first page with an explanation to the application.
Preview:

i have some issues with those squares on the front, on my boats they are sitting on top of the conning tower to one side????

is there ant fix for this?