SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-08-19, 03:52 AM   #61
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I am late to the party, I just stumbled over Space Engineers in recent Steam sale. I am a bit clueless and confused since I am at the very beginning of and feel a bit disoriented, but I seem to increasingly like the game for the very concept of it. Just posting this bump-up of the thread to let you know the game finally, since half a year already, has left Early Access, and currently can be had cheap in a sale. An economy update was just released. The workshop and modding activity looks tremendously vivid and alive.

I like sandbox open world games with base construction and all that. I hope that my impression of that this game is worth to be played in SP and not just MP, is not misled.

Launch trailer form earliert this year.

Old 09-08-19, 05:41 AM   #62
Skybird
Soaring

And here is the site with the official introduction videos to the various aspects of the game, done in autumn 2018:

https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/how-to-play.html
Old 09-13-19, 08:06 AM   #63
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Skybird, what are you clueless about with this game?

I won't say I'm an expert. But I played this game a bit before planets became a thing, and since. It started as a SP game and it is still very appropriate to play it as such. You don't need to play MP. I don't. MP does tend to sacrifice more grids to the lord Clang though. But it does add that little extra unpredictable and creative element to gameplay. I haven't played much with the Economy content yet myself. I still have a world which started with the old planetary lander and just updated and enabled the new economy settings. I did not get a tablet with coordinates of a station but found an NPC station by scanning grids with the admin tools. And I have yet to find it in person 'on foot'. It's mostly an NPC element you can play with or against I gather from the videos around on youtube.
Old 10-28-19, 03:07 AM   #64
Skybird
Soaring

Sorry Pisces, I did not notice your reply earlier, since I visit this subforum just randomly.

I have practically abandoned the game, since it is very buggy and leaves the running session with keyboard commands turnign dysfunctional very often.

I also struggled with the design of the interface, i do nt like it and do not get along with it that good. In general hte game makes it quite an unwlecoming, discourgaing exprience to get into it. The needed info and invitations may be scattered around forums and web and youtube, that may be. But that is not like it should be done, imo.

I feel about this game that a lot was lost by not adding just a bit more. And by not caring for better technical reliability.