Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-23, 01:30 PM   #10456
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-24-23, 03:48 PM   #10457
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

As General Hodges said: “We’ll, that didn’t take long!”

Finland begins international cooperation on domestic airspace surveillance

Details about the flights are not being disclosed on grounds of national security.

https://yle.fi/a/74-20023901

Quote:
YLE NEWS
23.3 15:50

Updated 23.3 16:10

The Finnish Defence Forces (FDF) have started international cooperation with partner countries for domestic airspace surveillance.

The first such flight, alongside the US Air Force, began on Thursday, according to the FDF.

According to aircraft tracking site Flight Aware (siirryt toiseen palveluun), a US Air Force reconnaissance RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft with the callsign JAKE11 was seen flying along north-to-south patterns parallel to Finland's easter border with Russia on Thursday.

However details about the flights are not being disclosed on grounds of national security.

The FDF said there have been no recent changes in Finland's security situation and that the surveillance flights are part of planned international cooperation.

"Flight operations with international partners is art of normal bilateral and multilateral cooperation. The flights develop the interoperability of the Finnish Defence Forces, improve the common situational awareness and strengthen national defence. The flights show a mutual commitment to developing defence cooperation," the FDF said in a press release issued on Thursday.

The defence forces said that similar flights in Finnish airspace are planned for the future with various types of aircraft, including manned and unmanned aircraft.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 03-24-23, 04:35 PM   #10458
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Maybe it's time to start up the Cold War naval game of harassing their Navy/sub? Go up from behind and ping them, asking what their pronouns are?

Drown out their sonar with Kamala's cackle?

Could be a question for Wendy?
Old 03-24-23, 07:16 PM   #10459
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Drown out their sonar with Kamala's cackle
Wouldn't that be considered a provocation, justifying a military response?
Old 03-24-23, 07:47 PM   #10460
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 03-24-23, 10:19 PM   #10461
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Maybe it's time to start up the Cold War naval game of harassing their Navy/sub? Go up from behind and ping them, asking what their pronouns are?

I like the idea of loading one of our big drones up with hidden explosives, fly it back and forth off the coast of Crimea and then touch it off the next time the Russians want to play Aircraft Tag.

Dear Vlad,

Yesterday your Fighter jet accidentally ran into one of our aircraft and caused a terrible explosion. Both aircraft were completely destroyed! Thankfully ours was just an unmanned drone but we are so sorry about your pilot. We gather that they only found his eyebrows.

Please accept our heartfelt sympathies.

XOX
The USofA.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 03-24-23, 10:37 PM   #10462
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I like the idea of loading one of our big drones up with hidden explosives, fly it back and forth off the coast of Crimea and then touch it off the next time the Russians want to play Aircraft Tag.

Dear Vlad,

Yesterday your Fighter jet accidentally ran into one of our aircraft and caused a terrible explosion. Both aircraft were completely destroyed! Thankfully ours was just an unmanned drone but we are so sorry about your pilot. We gather that they only found his eyebrows.

XOX
The USofA.

Entry # #10321 of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I would love to see the drones set with a proximity fuse to detonate high yield explosives in the event Russian forces or any other hostile actor intercepts the drones and comes in close proximity. Perhaps arm them with chaff and or infrared flare dispensers so the intakes of the Russian aircraft can suck them up. Boom !!!! Either that or arm them with air to air missiles. Perhaps both.

Having given the matter some thought, I would also add ball bearings and shrapnel type things to go with the explosives. I do like that Idea.
Old 03-24-23, 11:48 PM   #10463
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Entry # #10321 of this thread.

Having given the matter some thought, I would also add ball bearings and shrapnel type things to go with the explosives. I do like that Idea.

Oh yeah, but the drones destruction needs to be complete, preferably with a huge fire ball for effect, but leaving nothing except tiny little pieces (I would prefer using old silverware over ball bearings) that spatter into the sea over a wide area. We'll blame it on cheap Chinese Lithium-ion batteries. "Darn things blow up if you look at them sideways by Gar!"

It's how you Cold War.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 03-25-23, 12:17 AM   #10464
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Oh yeah, but the drones destruction needs to be complete, preferably with a huge fire ball for effect, but leaving nothing except tiny little pieces (I would prefer using old silverware over ball bearings) that spatter into the sea over a wide area. We'll blame it on cheap Chinese Lithium-ion batteries. "Darn things blow up if you look at them sideways by Gar!"

It's how you Cold War.

There would be total destruction if the air intakes sucked up the debris of the drone and explosives. Hopefully, the offending aircraft would experience total destruction as well.
Old 03-25-23, 01:14 AM   #10465
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:

Dear Vlad,

XOX
The USofA.

Vlad,
You've lost another MiG?

I like that idea August. It's like the aeroplane version of a Q-ship or an Imperial probe droid?
Old 03-25-23, 01:17 AM   #10466
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Old 03-25-23, 07:18 AM   #10467
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-25-23, 07:48 AM   #10468
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-25-23, 12:04 PM   #10469
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65075952

Quote:
President Volodymyr Zelensky has said Ukraine's counter-offensive against Russia cannot start until Western allies send more military support.

He told a Japanese newspaper he would not send his troops to the frontlines without more tanks, artillery and Himars rocket launchers.

In an interview with Yomiuri Shimbun, he said the situation in eastern Ukraine was "not good".

"We are waiting for ammunition to arrive from our partners," he said.

And when asked about the expected counter-offensive, he said: "We can't start yet, we can't send our brave soldiers to the front line without tanks, artillery and long-range rockets."

He added: "If you have the political will, you can find a way to help us. We are at war and can't wait."
Well. I rest my case. The way we do it now will lead us nowhere.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-25-23 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-25-23, 12:40 PM   #10470
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Russia has moved 10 bomberplane to Belarus. They are capable carrying tactical nukes-Says Sky News

It's funny that on each news program they have to mention this-Capable carrying nukes, when they speak about the Russians bomberplane.

I say it's less than 0.5 Percentage that they going to be used for this purpose. They will be loaded with traditional conventional missiles.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Closed Thread