Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-23, 02:03 PM   #9421
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

sounds like Orban is upset his little butt buddy getting his handed to him.far has nato/us arming ukraine that no different than russia doing let say korea vietnam putnuts just reminds me of a two year old throwing a temper fit one of you boys over there should really take him to a woodshed and paddle his rump heck i would pay 20 dollars to see a live stream of that
Old 01-27-23, 04:20 PM   #9422
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

I am doing all what I can to help Russia win over the terrorist nazi NATO nazi criminals
Old 01-27-23, 04:24 PM   #9423
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ You have the right to have this opinion-I however CAN'T support it.

I fully support Ukraine and hope they get enough weapon so they can kick Russia out from Ukraine.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 01-27-23, 04:24 PM   #9424
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
I am doing all what I can to help Russia win over the terrorist nazi NATO nazi criminals

Well, you can certainly do much better than that! Come on, let it all out. Tell us how things stand!
Old 01-27-23, 04:27 PM   #9425
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

"All" that you can? Just what exactly because I hear that Putin is looking for volunteers to go murder Ukrainian civilians.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 01-27-23, 04:43 PM   #9426
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Don't feed the trolls.

Quote:
Then stand up against your dictator you coward.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 01-27-23 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-27-23, 05:10 PM   #9427
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Join the Homo Sovieticus plz K BAI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 01-27-23, 07:49 PM   #9428
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
so are you bending over for putnuts or is putnuts bending over for you so far most criminals and terrorist are from russia but if you doing all you can for mother russia you wouldn't be here posting you have a rifle in your hand
Old 01-27-23, 07:55 PM   #9429
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

^ Yes tonschk, do the world a favor, join the meat grinder!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 01-27-23, 08:06 PM   #9430
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
^ Yes tonschk, do the world a favor, join the meat grinder!!

I'm thinking him doing everything he can consists of a few impotent troll posts on gaming forums.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 01-27-23, 08:15 PM   #9431
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Default Russia is losing the energy war as Putin’s winter gas attack backfires

Vladimir Putin expected to use gas exports this winter to blackmail Europe and weaken Western support for Ukraine. Instead, this tactic appears to have backfired disastrously and critically undermined Russia’s position on European energy markets.

In September 2022, I anticipated that Putin’s plan to cut gas supplies to Europe and leave consumers to freeze would fail. With the cold season now almost over, this prediction has so far turned out to be correct. Contrary to the Kremlin’s expectations, Western consumers not only stayed warm in their homes; many European companies have actually been turning to Ukraine to place surplus gas volumes in local storage facilities.

Admittedly, Europe has been lucky. Demand and supply have been balanced because consumption remained muted thanks to unseasonably mild temperatures and falling industrial demand. Meanwhile, there have been sufficient alternative deliveries of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the global market amid a lack of competition from China, which has been struggling with the aftermath of the Covid pandemic.

Much was also due to the resilience of European markets, which responded promptly to Russia’s decision to cut gas supplies to a trickle in 2022, forcing gas prices to reach record levels. Far from breaking Europe’s resolve, Putin’s energy war against the EU has shocked the bloc into fast-tracking its energy transition, completing projects which had been long overdue or forgotten and seeking alternative supplies to plug the gaping Russian shortfall.

With Russia’s share of European imports plummeting from 40% to less than 10% towards the end of 2022, European companies turned to global LNG markets, sourcing 96.3 million tons in 2022, up from 56.3 million tons the year before. Thanks to a raft of policies mandating storage targets, most underground facilities reached 90% fullness or higher by the start of the heating season on October 1, overshooting the target by ten percentage points. This means that as winter comes to an end, storage facilities remain at some of their highest levels and gas prices have fallen to a 16-month low. There are still lingering risks. An unexpected cold snap later in February or the early weeks of spring, a steep recovery in Chinese demand, or the possibility of a major escalation in Ukraine could spook markets and lead to more volatility or price spikes. Despite these potential threats, European energy markets are now clearly better prepared to absorb potential shocks.

Europe has been working to expand its LNG importing capacity, which is set to increase by no less than 20% this year. Undoubtedly, much will also depend on the availability of LNG supplies globally. However, the fact that Germany managed to commission three LNG terminals within less than a year to replace lost Russian pipeline imports points to the extraordinary ability of European markets to respond in the face of formidable challenges.

Projects that have been long delayed or forgotten have not only been resurrected but also promptly completed. For example, after many years of hesitation, Bulgaria managed to bring an interconnector with Greece into commercial operation that allows the Bulgarians to tap alternative Caspian gas and LNG. Meanwhile, Germany and France established bidirectional gas flows, which will allow not only Germany to export gas to France, but also to import from this direction. Even Romania, which had long been averse to exporting domestically produced gas, has seen some volumes shipped physically to neighboring Bulgaria Putin’s energy war against Europe has served as a catalyst for renewable projects. With the permitting process fast-tracked across the EU, installations of solar panels and heat pumps had one of their best years to date. Solar capacity shot up by 41.4GW or 25% year-on-year to 208.9GW in 2022 and is set to grow even faster in 2023.

Russian imports of coal and oil were also hit by a raft of European sanctions as EU consumers stopped taking coal and seaborne oil in the second half of 2022. This meant that Russia’s share in EU imports of coal and oil dropped to less than 15% in 2022, compared to over 45% for coal and 25% for oil the previous year, according to the latest Eurostat figures.

There are now signs that Europe’s large economies may be staving off recession and indications that energy markets are regaining an even keel, but the same cannot be said about Russia’s own gas sector. Russia’s total gas output fell 12% in 2021 to the lowest level since 1990. The situation is even worse for state producer Gazprom, whose production fell year-on-year by 20% in 2022, the largest annual drop in the company’s history. Gazprom managed to increase gas exports to China by 5.4bcm, but lost most of its 140bcm European market. It also took a hit on the domestic Russian market, losing market share to independent producers in 2022.

Gazprom may now be looking to partially revive its fortunes by using Turkey as a back door. It plans to sell gas to the Turkish gas incumbent BOTAS, which would then sell it on to Europe as whitewashed Turkish gas. This might allow Moscow to recover at least some of the losses incurred in 2022. At the same time, the fundamental nature of the shifts that have taken place over the past twelve months mean Russia now has little hope of returning to its formerly dominant position in Europe’s energy markets.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blog...ack-backfires/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 01-27-23, 08:25 PM   #9432
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Why?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 01-27-23, 10:04 PM   #9433
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Don't feed the trolls.

Then stand up against your dictator you coward.

Everyone.

It's not worth the effort to respond to tonschk. All you're doing is encouraging him and giving him a voice.

Catfish has the right Idea when he said don't feed the trolls. You are all
Better than that. Of that, I have no doubt. Neither should you doubt that. We all have an Idea of what is happening in the Ukraine and the senseless destruction and loss of life. We all know how we feel about that.

You're not going to convince tonschk of anything so don't waste your time and energy. Fake news and propaganda is being spread far and wide, kinda like manure and fertilizer. Recognize it for what it is and where it comes from and who is spreading it.

More Importantly, don't lose yourselves or your Ideals.
Old 01-27-23, 11:09 PM   #9434
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Everyone.

It's not worth the effort to respond to tonschk. All you're doing is encouraging him and giving him a voice.

Catfish has the right Idea when he said don't feed the trolls. You are all
Better than that. Of that, I have no doubt. Neither should you doubt that. We all have an Idea of what is happening in the Ukraine and the senseless destruction and loss of life. We all know how we feel about that.

You're not going to convince tonschk of anything so don't waste your time and energy. Fake news and propaganda is being spread far and wide, kinda like manure and fertilizer. Recognize it for what it is and where it comes from and who is spreading it.

More Importantly, don't lose yourselves or your Ideals.
Yes come on Jim, "Permaban" (keelhaul)

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 01-28-23, 04:08 AM   #9435
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Ukrainian officials say they received pledges for "321 heavy battle tanks" from the West.

I wonder where that hugh number is coming from? How is that number formed up? Who dleivers what? So far the publishe dnumbers show not even 100 tanks from the NAOT partner,s not ocutned recent Polish pledges for Polish-improived T-72. With these the count is in the rnage of around 150 or so.

Where do 321 "heavy battle tanks" come from?

Meanwhile Russia is widneign gains oin tenb gorud n around Soledar, adding small vbillages around the city to its list of recent "conquest". Things in that part fo the front currently do not go well for Ukraine. The Russian army is said to ahve taken over from Wagner again after Wagner failed to deliver on their promise to Putin to get Bachmut for him. At the same time reports on excessive use of mobile crematoria to hide the high number of KIAs from the Russian public and to evade compensation payments to families make the round. The problem is that the losses may be high - but it is not the criminal scum at the top paying the price, but little fishes pay the price, and pretty much exclusively them. Most of them are NOT murderers and rapists recruited from Russian prisons. Possible however that during the war they get turned into murderers and rapists.

Best advise to them might be that in the field they open fire at their superior officers and kill them and any troops wanting to hinder them, then flee and hand themselves over. Dangerous choice, yes. But so is to not do it and serve until detah as cannon fodder and gettign shot to idnetify Ukrainian positions that then get fired at by more veteran units.

"The comrade who wants to see me dead is not my comrade but my worst enemy." Words from my grandfather in WW2, quoting a Russian prisoner. The Russiands did like they do today already back then, and before. The worst enemy of the Russian soldier always has been his own leaders.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-28-23 at 04:24 AM.
Skybird is online  
Closed Thread