SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-15-19, 09:13 AM   #16
winzaren
Nub

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Got the checksums for freshly installed SH5.exe
SHA: 5d86a7fa04e2a0d487d86069873a4cd01b994167
MD5: 02fa3f1e5c78432406430f3f6177fcfe

Also the file was signed on 13th August 2019.
https://imgur.com/AxS0o4u

So yeah, it really looks like they pushed a new binary through Uplay.

Last edited by winzaren; 10-15-19 at 09:17 AM. Reason: rewording
winzaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 09:24 AM   #17
ZeeboOnline
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
THEBERBSTER has links in his signature that can put you on a couple of helpful tutorials if your are having issues with SH5 and TWoS, with his SH5 <> TUTORIALS <>HOW TO DO IT... thread, just to be certain you are attempting the game installation and mod activation correctly. I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligence, and if you've been through this, forgive me. The main one that I found helpful was the ... Step By Step Guide Through TWOS Installation, which includes this gem of a picture from vdr1981, taken from the Setup Notes pdf:

Again, if you've done all of that, I'm sorry for the repetition.
I appreciate the attempt to help. I have unfortunately already looked this page over ten fold. Scouring it for details I may have missed.
ZeeboOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 09:26 AM   #18
ZeeboOnline
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by winzaren View Post
Got the checksums for freshly installed SH5.exe
SHA: 5d86a7fa04e2a0d487d86069873a4cd01b994167
MD5: 02fa3f1e5c78432406430f3f6177fcfe

Also the file was signed on 13th August 2019.
https://imgur.com/AxS0o4u

So yeah, it really looks like they pushed a new binary through Uplay.
Is there anything we can do about that? Or do we just have to wait for a new update either by Ubisoft or TWoS team? Also do you know why it doesn't seem to be affecting others? Is it a UPlay thing or region related? My apologies for all the questions but if that's the case I'll probably just purchase another copy on Steam and install TWoS on there.

Last edited by ZeeboOnline; 10-15-19 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Can't Word Good
Old 10-15-19, 10:48 AM   #19
Taff in Exile
Swabbie

Downloads: 69

Yes I can confirm the update to Uplay has also screwed my SH5 install, I also went through re-installed the game and TWoS and can confirm I too CTD when starting a new campaign or mission etc. Fingers crossed the clever mods can produce a workaround soon,
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TaffinExile
www.taffinexile.com
Taff in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 11:05 AM   #20
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Guys
The SH5 game only installs part of the game this can be seen after you install SH5 and go to the Program Files (x86) directory and open up the game launcher only a small amount of the files are showing.
When you update the game from v1.0.5.0 to to v1.2.0 the rest of the files some 62 complete the setup.
The problems arise when you start the game from the SH5.exe and you run into problems and Uplay decides not to co-operate.

My suggestion is to go to the Control Panels Program and Fatures and uninstall the Ubisoft/Uplay Game Launcher.
You now have the option to install a completely independent game launcher in any drive and folder of your choice, which in my case I use this one in D:\Ubisoft, the folder before the main Silent Hunter 5 main game folder.
SH5 Game Launcher Install It Anywhere On Any Drive > Includes Download Link

If you now open up the game launcher and go to the first game launcher application which is the 32 bit one (not the 64 bit also showing) you can change it by going to properties and then run it as an administrator.

Play Silent Hunter 5 Offline! > Pictorial
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 11:06 AM   #21
ZeeboOnline
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff in Exile View Post
Yes I can confirm the update to Uplay has also screwed my SH5 install, I also went through re-installed the game and TWoS and can confirm I too CTD when starting a new campaign or mission etc. Fingers crossed the clever mods can produce a workaround soon,
Ok it's good to know (and bad) that it's affecting more than just a few people. I'm also a big fan of your videos btw, great stuff!
Old 10-15-19, 11:20 AM   #22
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

Taff In Exile!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 12:00 PM   #23
zarar
Nub

Downloads: 0

Okey it was good to knoow

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Last edited by zarar; 10-19-19 at 03:27 PM.
zarar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 12:29 PM   #24
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

zarar!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 12:36 PM   #25
ZeeboOnline
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Guys
The SH5 game only installs part of the game this can be seen after you install SH5 and go to the Program Files (x86) directory and open up the game launcher only a small amount of the files are showing.
When you update the game from v1.0.5.0 to to v1.2.0 the rest of the files some 62 complete the setup.
The problems arise when you start the game from the SH5.exe and you run into problems and Uplay decides not to co-operate.

My suggestion is to go to the Control Panels Program and Fatures and uninstall the Ubisoft/Uplay Game Launcher.
You now have the option to install a completely independent game launcher in any drive and folder of your choice, which in my case I use this one in D:\Ubisoft, the folder before the main Silent Hunter 5 main game folder.
SH5 Game Launcher Install It Anywhere On Any Drive > Includes Download Link

If you now open up the game launcher and go to the first game launcher application which is the 32 bit one (not the 64 bit also showing) you can change it by going to properties and then run it as an administrator.

Play Silent Hunter 5 Offline! > Pictorial
Peter
I believe there is some miscommunication. I think for all of us vanilla SH5 runs fine. When re-installing vanilla SH5 it seems to automatically update to version 1.2.0 (or some sort of hybrid that only some players recently got) without any user input which I think is the issue. The problems start when we install TWoS mod.

For me personally, when I start the patcher to install the mod, only 8 patches work. there is a pop up for the 9th saying: 'version error. A version of SH5 is a different version than expected. Patch: independent engine controls change 2. Reason: Bytes read does not equal bytes expected by patch'.

The rest of the installation goes fine. TWoS even starts and gets to the main menu. The problem is that when we press continue campaign or new campaign it causes an instant CTD. The thing with UPlay is that you have to be online to download and install the game, so the game gets automatically updated upon installation.

The seemingly obvious issue is that SH5 has been updated for some players and is now incompatible with TWoS. Which sucks...

My apologies if you completely understand what is going on and it is my error but hopefully this clears up some misunderstandings.
Old 10-15-19, 01:03 PM   #26
Taff in Exile
Swabbie

Downloads: 69

Yeah, thats exactly my situation to Zeebo.
I do have the independent launcher set up at the moment but its the update to Uplay that seems to have made TWoS mod non-compatible. Vanilla game works fine.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TaffinExile
www.taffinexile.com
Taff in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-19, 01:16 PM   #27
ZeeboOnline
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff in Exile View Post
Yeah, thats exactly my situation to Zeebo.
I do have the independent launcher set up at the moment but its the update to Uplay that seems to have made TWoS mod non-compatible. Vanilla game works fine.
For me when I start the independent launcher it starts off looking like UPlay from 2012 and then immediately updates to a slightly newer looking UPlay and then once more to the current UPlay. All before I can even log into my account. I may have done something incorrectly but I am unsure.
Old 10-15-19, 03:56 PM   #28
THEBERBSTER

Hi Zeebo
Yes a bit of mis-communication my apologies for that.
If the game loads to the main menu and shows v1.2 in the top right corner then your game is installed correctly and will work when modded.

Quote:
when I start the patcher to install the mod, only 8 patches work. there is a pop up for the 9th saying: 'version error. A version of SH5 is a different version than expected.
This error occurs because one of the patches has been incorrectly installed.

Each of the 9 patches is looking for the Silent Hunter5 main game folder.
Until this is fixed you cannot proceed with the game.

In the main game folder open the folder TDW_GenericPatcher_v_168_0
Open the Patches folder, no patches should be showing here.
The SH5 folder should be showing all 9 patches.

What is game > Dvd > Download > STEAM?

What is your games installation path?

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 10-15-19 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-15-19, 04:25 PM   #29
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > zarar
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
Old 10-15-19, 09:26 PM   #30
Harmer
Seaman

Downloads: 13

For what it's worth @ Taff & others, I am at +1
I have tried a repair from Uplay - which worked, but is just the Vanilla game now.
I'll try re-patching TWoS and see what happens.

Edit: If I run the SH5 shortcut as admin it asks for my original code (which I don't have anymore).
If I run from Uplay, the launcher sticks on loading.

Pity - was quite enjoying playing this again.

Last edited by Harmer; 10-15-19 at 10:03 PM.
Harmer is offline   Reply With Quote