SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-01-21, 06:34 PM   #901
b00tyclapper
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default lol

Yes, that exactly was my issue. Also, I have a few more questions. with this mod do we do auto TDC the same way as outlined for the base game? (there is a step by step method outlined on a thread here). As well, are there any tips to help make sure that I don't have to keep reloading my game every time I resume it (reduce chance of campaign advance problem detected, I get it every time and i have to load game up to 5 times or more to resolve it.)

Edit: I am also getting a "camera out of sectors" issue whenever I load into a game. When on the boat I just press f2 and again to fix the view, but when outside the uboat I am unable to fix this, has a fix already been shown in this thread? I'm unable to find it.
b00tyclapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 09:15 PM   #902
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00tyclapper View Post
Yes, that exactly was my issue. Also, I have a few more questions. with this mod do we do auto TDC the same way as outlined for the base game? (there is a step by step method outlined on a thread here). As well, are there any tips to help make sure that I don't have to keep reloading my game every time I resume it (reduce chance of campaign advance problem detected, I get it every time and i have to load game up to 5 times or more to resolve it.)

Edit: I am also getting a "camera out of sectors" issue whenever I load into a game. When on the boat I just press f2 and again to fix the view, but when outside the uboat I am unable to fix this, has a fix already been shown in this thread? I'm unable to find it.
for auto put crossairs on target hit space key twice you can also tell weapons officer to lock on target every 72 game hours you want to save and restart the game i don't mess with the verfier until almost the next chapter that way each time i don't have to keep doing the reload for camera out of sectors you can go center of screen bottom to the officers icons click on watch officer then teleport to uzo or something and fix the problem
Old 07-01-21, 09:18 PM   #903
b00tyclapper
Nub

Downloads: 5

Thanks les,

I wasn't aware that it was only meant for campaign progression. Good to know. I'll be sure to use this thread for further questions, hopefully others who have the same issues can find it here
b00tyclapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-21, 10:20 PM   #904
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00tyclapper View Post
Thanks les,

I wasn't aware that it was only meant for campaign progression. Good to know. I'll be sure to use this thread for further questions, hopefully others who have the same issues can find it here
sure hit us with your questions on the last mission it will tell you if you need to verfie it i rather restart 5 times one time instead of every game start up also if you go over to manual targeting you can use the weapons officer to id target lock on it and click on the clock and he can figure out the target speed
Old 07-04-21, 06:51 PM   #905
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313

I have an issue with the speed dial ( SH3 UI ).
When surfaced everything works fine with the dial indicating the relevant correct speed.
When submerging, instead, soon as the elettric engines starts, the speed dial speed arrow moves to a wrong position. ( The previous one in respect to the speed selected/ordered )
For example if I order ahead standard while submerged, the speed arrow instead moves to the ahead one third position. On ahead slow it moves to the all stop position.
The only one working correctly is the ahead flank position.

Any idea about how to solve/fix the issue? ( I've made several searches but didn't find anything )

Thanks in advance!
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 02:58 AM   #906
Demon777
Medic

Downloads: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor_Prien View Post

I have an issue with the speed dial ( SH3 UI ).
When surfaced everything works fine with the dial indicating the relevant correct speed.
When submerging, instead, soon as the elettric engines starts, the speed dial speed arrow moves to a wrong position. ( The previous one in respect to the speed selected/ordered )
For example if I order ahead standard while submerged, the speed arrow instead moves to the ahead one third position. On ahead slow it moves to the all stop position.
The only one working correctly is the ahead flank position.

Any idea about how to solve/fix the issue? ( I've made several searches but didn't find anything )

Thanks in advance!

I hope this link will help you
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245236
Demon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-21, 04:26 AM   #907
Viktor_Prien
Navy Dude

Downloads: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon777 View Post
Thanks mate!
Viktor_Prien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 04:46 AM   #908
Gunny78
Swabbie

Downloads: 22
Icon1 TWoS crashes to desktop during first campaign mission

Hello there,
i have installed the latest TWoS version on a clean dvd sh5 installation(updated to 1.2). game crashes always during first mission on my way from Memel to Danzig bay while travelling with time compression on. it always crashes at the same moment in each try. i have installed TWoS many times before without such a problem. i am sure that i have everything installed correctly. anyone expierienced this too? can't find a solution on my own, really could need some help here.
Gunny78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 06:29 AM   #909
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny78 View Post
Hello there,
i have installed the latest TWoS version on a clean dvd sh5 installation(updated to 1.2). game crashes always during first mission on my way from Memel to Danzig bay while travelling with time compression on. it always crashes at the same moment in each try. i have installed TWoS many times before without such a problem. i am sure that i have everything installed correctly. anyone expierienced this too? can't find a solution on my own, really could need some help here.
have you got the time compression too high ?
Old 08-02-21, 08:39 AM   #910
Gunny78
Swabbie

Not higher than 1024. And that was never a problem in the past.
Old 08-02-21, 10:24 AM   #911
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default welcome aboard!

Gunny78!...after a three year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 11:21 AM   #912
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny78 View Post
Hello there,
have you try running at a lower tc,are you running any other mods maybe start another game see what happens if it does it again same place same time in a new game you might have a curropt file
Old 08-02-21, 12:17 PM   #913
Gunny78
Swabbie

I have this mods installed:
TWoS v2.2.24
Bbc extended radio
Das Boot Sound mod

Game crashed with time comp. set to 512 too. Was never a problem in the past. It's the first time having this problem.

used all the mods without causing that problem in the past. Will start a new game after work and see if it still happens.
Old 08-02-21, 12:25 PM   #914
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 349

Run without anytime compression if its at the same spot. 1024 is too high if your close to land. It will be easier too see whats happening better and eliminate some possible causes. TC does not always drop to x1 as it should you could be flashing by traffic or even hitting land if your travelling down a canal. Starting a new game may not replicate the same scenario for ages
Old 08-02-21, 06:03 PM   #915
Gunny78
Swabbie

Icon1

ok i tried without tc and it crashed too. started a new game then,same result.
never had problems like that with TWoS before.