SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-13, 08:40 PM   #1
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0
Default Race 07/ Race Injection

I know some of you own Race 07 like I do.Well Steam decided to convert the files.

Of course this has not gone over perfectly so you are going to have to go through Race 07 and every expansion you own so that they fully convert.Simply checking Race 07 will not get everything.
On its own Steam will not fully convert every expansion so you will have to either verify cache for each and every expansion or try and launch each expansion to get everything back.

For me at least Steam had to D/L every single expansion as well as the base game files for Race 07 and it some how missed Retro.Pretty much the next time you want to play Race 07 you are going to have take up two or three hours getting all the files.

Personally I only play Race 07 once or twice a month when I start to feel like The Stig.So it was kind of a pain to have wait for a few hours to play and extra 30 minutes to get back the Retro pack got missed.The Stig does not understand the meaning of wait.

All of my settings got reset as well which is a pain as I had specific dead zones for my controller face buttons so I could simulate shuffling the gas and brake pedals not to mention certain buttons being up and down shift and clutch.

Just a heads up for Race 07 players.

EDIT:

Hmmm I can no longer find Laguna Seca very annoying that is my favorite track.It was here before.

It was part of Race ON I thought.Oh no wait Steam missed that one too even tough it says that it D/Led that one.

It is when they do things like this that Steam annoys me.

Convert to a more efficient format inefficiently that is the way to do it.

Last edited by Stealhead; 10-07-13 at 09:21 PM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-13, 03:23 PM   #2
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Frankly I don't even know why Steam bother with the so-called "file conversion" as none of the files ever actually get changed aside from the replays, time attack info, screenshots and settings. All of which shouldn't be touched but Steam decides to anyways. I've had this issue before with Steam and it really ticks me off having to redo the time trials for each car all over again, I managed to get a time of 5:45 on the Nürburgring, not getting that record back thanks to Steam.
Old 10-11-13, 08:49 PM   #3
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Yeah Nürburgring especially the complete course it takes a ton of concentration to shave down your lap time on that track.It might take me 4 or 5 hours to get that perfect time and I might not be in the zone like again that and not make any mistakes you just do not play like that every day just like on the real track you do not drive like that everyday.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 12:48 PM   #4
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

It took me the better part of a year or so just to get to the six minute mark let alone the 5:45 lap time I had set earlier this year, and that was on about the third or fourth lap. But having set lap times with every car in Race 07 including all the add-ons its quite frustrating having to drive all the cars all over again.