Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-07-22, 07:49 AM   #16
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
One of the reasons I suggest raising the purchase age to 21 is that it's my understanding juvenile criminal records are sealed and I don't think show up on background checks no matter how comprehensive they are.

But a persons juvenile criminal records would still be sealed whether the applicant is 18 or 21 so I don't see your point.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 08:21 AM   #17
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

True, a juvenile criminal history would remain sealed regardless of age. But in my world Since they are sealed I figure a background check at 21 ought to reveal something of whats been going on over the last three years in that persons life. Especially if they haven't changed their ways.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-22, 10:09 PM   #18
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Yeah, something is wrong with people.
No the Folks who are really in control of this planet. Just need to release another virus, Only this time it will be 70/present death rate. Ya got monkey pox now give them time and they will get it right.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-22, 11:48 PM   #19
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
We had plenty of weapons 50 years ago when I was a kid. People just did not behave this way in such large numbers then.
Neal 50 yrs ago. In high school, Here in central florida we brought our 30.30 lever action hunting rifles to school they were in those racks in the back windows of our truck's.Or laying in the back floorboards of our car's.We were out at 2:30 pm and on our way.To our hunting stands or blinds. And i can tell you in 1974 when i was 16 yrs old nobody thought about shooting any of our fellow students or teachers for any reason. We were 6 years past the Indochina war and a lot of us lost fathers and uncle's, brothers and cousins.

I think it's a unique dynamic that people behave this way today. I will tell you this. I want my family and those that believe in a future for our and their families we must take whatever measures it takes. The best Political minds that have been elected have brought the world to this point. And they have brought nothing but War and misery.

The world's Politicians have shown us they haven't a clue.They they could not run a Donut shop on their own and not have it go out of business.

Last edited by Gorpet; 06-11-22 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Can't really say anything about Greta she has been quite as a mouse, I don't know why.The Ukraines and the Russians.Planet
Old 06-11-22, 01:14 AM   #20
Gorpet
Still Searching

Default The time for Politicians is over.

Do the people of this planet really need a Politician ?

It looks like the used car salesman figured out how to get off the lot.Go for the local vote, Go for the county vote, Go for the state vote and get to Washington here in America.I'm sure you can see the relation in your own country. Do we really need a Politician? Or would you rather have the business owners the people you buy your groceries and the products that your own country produces in charge?
And another thing when was the last time in your memory your country and it's leaders that you elected are showing the amount of your GNP. And a break down of where that money has been spent and how much has your country for your collective efforts received. And how will you as a citizen ever know if you could live better?

I will say this every single person in your tribe must contribute.It's not what your country can do for you. But what can you do for the country that you want to call home. And if you drop those standards, well you get war and misery. And this is why we have war and misery today.It's called Politician they and their families of course will never have to do without. Will they?
Old 06-11-22, 01:45 PM   #21
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Hollywood is the wokest place on earth in every other area of social responsibility, but when it comes to the unbridled romanticization of gun violence – crickets.
Here's the best analysis I've come across, regarding violent movies (and games). Sure, people in Japan and Finland watch the same junk and do not turn in mass shooters. But they do not have the massive number of firearms in their country the US does. Now an argument could be made to get rid of the guns and keep the murder movies and shooter training programs, but to be realistic, I don't think the US will turn in all their firearms or follow restrictive gun laws.

I'm not saying there is a solution here, but the man makes a solid point.

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 02:37 PM   #22
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Old 06-13-22, 05:55 PM   #23
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Hollywood Heavyweights Take a Stand Against Guns on Film After Bill Maher Criticism

Quote:
On Friday, Bill Maher attacked the hypocrisy of an industry that stands up for gun control laws while putting out movie after movie about men who pick up guns to enact revenge.

“They hate it when gun people say, ‘It takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun,’ but they endlessly produce movies with that exact plot,” the comedian said on his show, firing off an endless list of films with the word “vengeance” in the title.

“When liberals scream, ‘Do something!’ after a mass shooting, why aren’t we also dealing with the fact that the average American kid sees 200,000 acts of violence on screens before the age of 18? And that according to the FBI, one of the warning signs of a potential school shooter is ‘a fascination with violence-filled entertainment,’” he added.

Nearly 200 writers, actors, and directors have signed a petition calling for Hollywood to “harness their power as culture makers” and reconsider how they portray gun use in film.

The petition, first reported by the newsletter The Ankler, urges the industry to limit scenes involving children and guns and to explicitly show characters locking their guns and putting them out of the reach of children.

It also asks creators to have “at least one conversation” during pre-production about narrative alternatives to firearm use. It doesn’t call for an outright ban on guns on screen.

So far, it's been signed by big names like Shonda Rhimes, Adam McKay, Judd Apatow, Amy Schumer, Mark Ruffalo, and Jimmy Kimmel. Other signatories include Ted Lasso co-creator Bill Lawrence and horror filmmaker Eli Roth, ironically known for his gruesome death scenes.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 06:10 PM   #24
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

^

"A Culture of violence." Oh, I already mentioned that argument several times? Sorry, I fall silent again.

I am not convinced of the arguments Hollywood names now make for "alternative story plots" and what else the quote listed, it soudns a bit like bollocks and the quote's value lies more in the correct diagnosis, not so much in prescribing the correct therapy. My recipe to try is different, and simpler. If you make a crime movie of a murder novel, then it makes no sense of coinsideirng "alenrmtive" plots to not have the murderous deed beign doen with a weapon. The quesiton is how explicitly it mus be depicted, and how often repeated. It might make sense to halve a half-naked love scene inba movie, or a shot under the shower, ther emnight be stories to eb told and films to be made where in the context and logic of the narration itamkes sense. The quesiton is hoe epclcitly it must be filmed, and how often a half naked girl under a shower must be visible in a single movie. In context of erotics this everybody seems to understand. But when it comes to violence in films, where in structure an principle the problem is the same - many people completely mentally block off.

So my recipe, much simpler, is simply this: not that much of all that anymore. Also other films, and elss esxcessive celebration of violence at ever opprutnity. The Battle of Waterloo as depicted in War And Peace is what it is: a battle in war, it make sno sense to delete the elements of war from it. But must every film be a war movie, must every book red be a war book, and must all daily attention in TV and media be focussed on violence and crime? If you focus only on one and the same thing, topic, content in culture, then you have no real culture, but you have a mental monoculture. What wonder then if your mental inner world lacks creativity, change...? What goes into the black box, comes out of the black box: Like in, so out.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-13-22 at 06:23 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 07:24 PM   #25
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
The petition, first reported by the newsletter The Ankler, urges the industry to limit scenes involving children and guns and to explicitly show characters locking their guns and putting them out of the reach of children.

It also asks creators to have “at least one conversation” during pre-production about narrative alternatives to firearm use. It doesn’t call for an outright ban on guns on screen.

So John Wick unloads his still smoking gun after he uses it to mow down several hundred people. As he puts it in his gun safe, while retrieving another gun more suited to the next batch of folks he intends to take revenge upon, an innocent child asks him if a knife would have done a better job and John Wick replies that it would not have.

Standards are met.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-22, 01:01 AM   #26
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So John Wick unloads his still smoking gun after he uses it to mow down several hundred people. As he puts it in his gun safe, while retrieving another gun more suited to the next batch of folks he intends to take revenge upon, an innocent child asks him if a knife would have done a better job and John Wick replies that it would not have.

Standards are met.
But, The child that knows how to use the knife. Could kill John Wick.
Old 06-16-22, 02:43 AM   #27
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
^

"A Culture of violence." Oh, I already mentioned that argument several times? Sorry, I fall silent again.

I am not convinced of the arguments Hollywood names now make for "alternative story plots" and what else the quote listed, it soudns a bit like bollocks and the quote's value lies more in the correct diagnosis, not so much in prescribing the correct therapy. My recipe to try is different, and simpler. If you make a crime movie of a murder novel, then it makes no sense of considering "alternative" plots to not have the murderous deed beign doen with a weapon. The quesiton is how explicitly it mus be depicted, and how often repeated. It might make sense to halve a half-naked love scene inba movie, or a shot under the shower, ther emnight be stories to eb told and films to be made where in the context and logic of the narration itamkes sense. The quesiton is hoe epclcitly it must be filmed, and how often a half naked girl under a shower must be visible in a single movie. In context of erotics this everybody seems to understand. But when it comes to violence in films, where in structure an principle the problem is the same - many people completely mentally block off.

So my recipe, much simpler, is simply this: not that much of all that anymore. Also other films, and elss esxcessive celebration of violence at ever opprutnity. The Battle of Waterloo as depicted in War And Peace is what it is: a battle in war, it make sno sense to delete the elements of war from it. But must every film be a war movie, must every book red be a war book, and must all daily attention in TV and media be focussed on violence and crime? If you focus only on one and the same thing, topic, content in culture, then you have no real culture, but you have a mental monoculture. What wonder then if your mental inner world lacks creativity, change...? What goes into the black box, comes out of the black box: Like in, so out.
Ok, So what do you want these day's ? The new world order is doing it's best to rewrite history, And all old folks like you just have to die and when your dead your mouth is shut forever. The past is the future. All of our great minds today have to live in the past why? Their,born in the purple in their minds.

Really they don't have the Education that is equal to the people that actually provide the services that keep them in their lovely Bubbles.

And if you don't believe it. Let's have a debate between the Politician and Joe Citizen, Let's just take the guy or gal who want's to start their own business.That runs into the Red Tape of The Purple. And Televise it.In less than 60 min you will see who you want to represent you.

Oh hell i side tracked ! Oh yes the movie industry . You've watched Johnny and Amber It is what it is. I can only hope the HVAC guy's Triple the cost of keeping the A/C going on in multiple Penthouses.

Last edited by Gorpet; 06-16-22 at 03:01 AM.
Old 06-16-22, 03:49 AM   #28
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
Ok, So what do you want these day's ? The new world order is doing it's best to rewrite history, And all old folks like you just have to die and when your dead your mouth is shut forever...
And so what? The young inherit the Earth and will do what they think is best for them, not us old bastards, and we did the same to our parents.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-22, 04:43 AM   #29
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
And so what? The young inherit the Earth and will do what they think is best for them, not us old bastards, and we did the same to our parents.
Hey old dog, There's a hiccup here I started working at 18 put 45 yrs into paying into a future the Democrat promised me they would turn this country into a Land that was free of Communist.And any People on this planet who believed in Freedom and would abide by the laws of our country regardless of their religion were welcome. As long as they were willing to learn our language and bring a level of intelligence that would insure that they would not become a burden on our country were welcome. So let all of us old bastards who hung out together and looked like Bill and Hillary in our youth.Shot i'm not a President and even though the Chinese flu is tearing me down one lung at a time. I called the local party leaders they asked how old i was.Their response was The young inherit the Earth.

And you and i have never ever faced a foreign enemy on a battlefield ever did we Buddahaid?

Last edited by Gorpet; 06-16-22 at 05:05 AM.
Old 06-18-22, 06:26 PM   #30
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Icon13

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100...smid=url-share

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shooter, shooting