SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-13, 07:51 AM   #2836
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffin View Post
I need advice. I want to ask how can I campaign Monsun Gruppe, restock: ammunition and fuel at sea (in the area that is marked on the map)? Use of a separate mode? thank you Buffo

There are resupply ships within this campaign. If you follow the objectives - they will be close by when you need them (some scripted others by campaign engine through your request resupply button).

see from first post:-

Quote:
Campaign Monsun Gruppe
This campaign was added in version 1.9 and adds the Indian Ocean. Many new harbours, nations and shipping had to be added. Anyone looking to edit this campaign - the files are not common with other campaigns, so must not be shared.
As the campaign is based on the Monsun Boats, I have tried to follow this as much as I could but there are some limitations with the game as it is now.

IX Type boats.
Due to the large distances to get to the Indian Ocean - the IX type boat was used due to its greater range and load out. This type of boat is not in the game yet and if it ever does make it, I will add it then. But for now we are stuck with the type VIIC41.

Refueling.
Refueling and spares was one of the biggest challenges that the boat faced (other than air attacks) and OHII tries to add this. Resupply tankers are used in most objectives in the campaign, but a game limitation restricks you to one refuel only (I had always wanted to use two) per patrol (leaving and returning to dock).
EDIT: Resupply is now fixed by TDW - Use his patcher to fix this bug

If you are caught out with low fuel and can not get a resupply - I have a work around:-

Quote:
Save game and note the time that you saved and then exit to desktop.
Open your docs and goto here - C:\Users\Owner\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames
Look for your save game (by date and time that you noted). It may not be the top one as those are auto saves - normally 3rd one down.
Open that folder and look for - GameplaySettings.cfg
open that file with notepad and it will look like this:-

[Current]
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true <<<<<<< change true to false
RealisticRepairTime=true
ManualTargetingSystem=true
NoMapUpdate=true
RealisticSensors=true
DudTorpedoes=true
RealisticReload=true
NoEventCamera=true
NoExternalView=false
NoStabilizeView=true
MPShowPlayerNames=false
MPShowTorpedoes=false
NoShipHealthBar=true
NoGunProjectilePath=true

Change the line to say "LimitedFuel=false"
save file.
Load your save game and you will have unlimited fuel so you can reach port and either dock or refit.

You can then change your fuel settings back to limited.
There is also a mod that can be used to give your boat the spec of a IX.
See here for the mod by FromHell Boat Type IX
Old 04-14-13, 08:31 AM   #2837
Buffin
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
There are resupply ships within this campaign. If you follow the objectives - they will be close by when you need them (some scripted others by campaign engine through your request resupply button).

see from first post:-
thanks

Last edited by Buffin; 04-14-13 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-14-13, 08:18 PM   #2838
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658
Uploads: 0

Trev, any idea on when the newest OHII version will be released? I've just gone thru the whole Southwestern Approaches with no missions showing to be selected, but did get the 3 stars for tonnage sunk. Using OHII Full v2.0 and OHII v2 Mission Fix WA patch. Now that's it's finished there's nothing else coming up for Coastal Waters. The Coastal Waters 2 large stars are showing there's more to do to finish the camapaign, but no idea what needs to be done to get them completed. My game date is now March 12th of 1940. I've tried 3 times to get out of Wilhelmshaven just to patrol, still no mission, and all SH5 does is lock up.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 01:22 AM   #2839
keysersoze
Ensign

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Update

I have been working on the next version of this mod but I am sorry to say I have run out of steam

I will finish the work I am doing (new baltic objective and a basic intro to grid squares within objective) - it will aslo have all the fixes and updates I have already talked about (refeulling etc)
So when I release the next version - it will not have the new missions that I had planned (sorry Gap + keysersoze). I will add then with the next version after that
No worries. I'm sure it's a huge amount of work for just one person. Thanks for all you have done for SH5

In any case, the special missions list I was putting together is not complete. It has all the major operations, but I'm sure there are many smaller missions waiting to be discovered. I am hoping to use our U-boat coordinates project as a way of discovering these additional missions.
keysersoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 02:26 AM   #2840
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Trev, any idea on when the newest OHII version will be released? I've just gone thru the whole Southwestern Approaches with no missions showing to be selected, but did get the 3 stars for tonnage sunk. Using OHII Full v2.0 and OHII v2 Mission Fix WA patch. Now that's it's finished there's nothing else coming up for Coastal Waters. The Coastal Waters 2 large stars are showing there's more to do to finish the camapaign, but no idea what needs to be done to get them completed. My game date is now March 12th of 1940. I've tried 3 times to get out of Wilhelmshaven just to patrol, still no mission, and all SH5 does is lock up.
Hi Gary

It sounds like the fix for WA did not work for you. This could be due to installing it after a career start
Anyway, it matters not as you have finished without any missions - this is ok to do for all objectives.

For the stage you are at now - it looks like a new objective will be with you in a few days (20/03/40) and could finish the campaign CoastalWaters for you. See below:-

Quote:
Coastal Waters 03/09/39 - 01/06/40
Flotilla 2nd

Bases - Kiel (01-09-1937 to 31-09-1939) Wilhelmshaven (01-10-1939 to 31-06-1940)
Stock boat issue - VIIA

Baltic Operations
03/09/39 - 01/11/39

Eastern British Coastal Waters
04/09/39 - 01/12/39

Breaking The Fortress
10/09/39 - 15/10/39

North Western Approaches
21/09/39 - 01/04/40

South Western Approaches
01/01/40 - 01/06/40

Operation Wesserubung
20/03/40 - 11/04/40
Old 04-15-13, 02:34 AM   #2841
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
No worries. I'm sure it's a huge amount of work for just one person. Thanks for all you have done for SH5

In any case, the special missions list I was putting together is not complete. It has all the major operations, but I'm sure there are many smaller missions waiting to be discovered. I am hoping to use our U-boat coordinates project as a way of discovering these additional missions.
Thanks keysersoze

Working on this mod has been good for me - I would wake up in the morning thinking about it, I would think about it at work - all day really
At times I would work on it every free min I had, all weekends etc.

Now it feels more like a chore. I had planed to work on the update this week as I am on holidays from work, but reading my book has won that battle.
I am sure the feeling of wanting to work on it again will come back to me at some point soon. I still want to add a few more campaigns and the missions that you guys have listed.
Old 04-15-13, 03:13 AM   #2842
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Thanks keysersoze

Working on this mod has been good for me - I would wake up in the morning thinking about it, I would think about it at work - all day really

Now it feels more like a chore. I had planed to work on the update this week as I am on holidays from work, but reading my book has won that battle.
I am sure the feeling of wanting to work on it again will come back to me at some point soon. I still want to add a few more campaigns and the missions that you guys have listed.
Take a break. It will be mich more pleasant for you if you don´t have to force yourself to work on it. And it will be better for us because you are more creative if you enjoy something.
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 05:25 AM   #2843
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I have been working on the next version of this mod but I am sorry to say I have run out of steam

[...]

So when I release the next version - it will not have the new missions that I had planned (sorry Gap + keysersoze). I will add then with the next version after that
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
Take a break. It will be mich more pleasant for you if you don´t have to force yourself to work on it. And it will be better for us because you are more creative if you enjoy something.
Hi Trevally,

as keysersoze and Tonci87 have already said, take your time on the new features, and don't hesitate getting in touch whenever you need for new ideas or just for some extra motivation by us, Open Horizon's fans

Moreover, spacing out OH's releases will be good, because it will give its users time to progress into the existing campaigns and to report possible mistakes

Quote:
I will finish the work I am doing (new baltic objective and a basic intro to grid squares within objective) - it will aslo have all the fixes and updates I have already talked about (refeulling etc)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
I stopped all the work and support of all of my threads on this source (sukhoi.ru)..
Quote:
Sorry to hear that - I'm sure your knowledge will missed

As said by Trevally, I am sure they are going to miss you and your talent.

On a side note, I have never managed getting my registration to the Italian forum betasom.it accepted by the forum owner/moderators.

This reminds me of the latin adage "nemo propheta in patria sua" lol
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 05:56 AM   #2844
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
As said by Trevally, I am sure they are going to miss you and your talent.
On a side note, I have never managed getting my registration to the Italian forum betasom.it accepted by the forum owner/moderators.
This reminds me of the latin adage "nemo propheta in patria sua" lol
Hi Gabriele!

Maybe once it was the Latin adage, but now it International.. at least we have Russian version too..
Unfortunately the society of my country (which of course tends to be free) is not yet completely got rid of the Soviet upbringing, habits and morals..

PS: Have you returned? or still on a trip?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 06:19 AM   #2845
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Maybe once it was the Latin adage, but now it International.. at least we have Russian version too..
Yes, I was sure that this proverb had to be widespread, as it is also mentioned in the Bible. This is why I didn't translate it. In Italy we use it in its original Latin form, as the words which it is composed of are identical or very similar to their Italian equivalents, and are perfectly understandable also to people who didn't study old Latin

Quote:
Unfortunately the society of my country (which of course tends to be free) is not yet completely got rid of the Soviet upbringing, habits and morals..
I see. In any case, I just hope that if there was any misunderstanding with the Russina SH5 community, it will be sorted out soon.

Quote:
PS: Have you returned? or still on a trip?
yes, I am back home since yesterday in the afternoon, but I was too tired (the last night spent in Turkey was quite alcoholic , and we had to leave very early in the morning) to make any meaningful post on the forum
Old 04-15-13, 08:49 AM   #2846
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
..yes, I am back home since yesterday in the afternoon, but I was too tired (the last night spent in Turkey was quite alcoholic , and we had to leave very early in the morning) to make any meaningful post on the forum
Turkey.. alcohol..
just sweet memories..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 04-15-13, 11:50 AM   #2847
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Turkey.. alcohol..
just sweet memories..
Well, Turkey is not among the countries you might want to visit if you are looking for cheap drinks.
On the other hand, based on the few places I made in time to visit during the free time and on the warm welcome of our local partners (not to mention the friendliness of people I met around), my memories of it are probably as sweet as yours
Old 04-15-13, 07:21 PM   #2848
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Trev, this was another fresh install. So I guess the the fix for WA didn't work like you said. Oh well... no big deal. I'll RTB and end this patrol. I'll see what happens on 20/03/40. By returning to Wilhelmshaven it should put me close to that date.... or if not I start another and RTB again. My thanks Trev.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 09:07 AM   #2849
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Added to post one for download

OPEN HORIZONS - Кампания, Рисуфикация
By Volodya61

Thanks Volodya
Old 04-16-13, 09:25 AM   #2850
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Thanks John

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii