SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-12, 10:38 AM   #2086
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

A new French "Translation Open horizon 2.0" by Choum
DOWNLOAD

Last French version was v1.6 so this is a big update.
Thanks Choum
Old 10-07-12, 11:44 AM   #2087
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155
Uploads: 0

Hi

Merci @choum à tes souhaits (si besoin)

French humor inside !

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12, 02:10 PM   #2088
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Hi Trevallly,

I've prepared a scheme resuming the info on German replenishments in Spanish ports previously posted by me, and proposing a possible availability pattern within OHII campaigns. Here it is:

Date range: Jun 40 - Sep 42
Campaigns / Objectives:
  • Coastal Waters / South Western Approaches (Jan - Jun 40)
  • Operation Drumbeat (Dec 41 - Sep 42)

Date range: Jun 40 - Dec 41
Campaigns / Objectives:
  • Happy Times (Jun 40 - Mar 41)
  • Western Approaches / British Supplies (Mar - Dec 41)
  • Western Approaches / Gibraltar Supply Route (Mar - Dec 41)
  • Western Approaches / Winston's Special (Mar - Dec 41)
  • Mare Nostrum / Breakthrough Gibraltar (Mar - Sep 41)

Date range: Jan 40 - Nov 41
Campaigns / Objectives:
  • Coastal Waters / South Western Approaches (Jan - Jun 40)
  • Western Approaches / Gibraltar Supply Route (Mar - Dec 41)
  • Mare Nostrum / Breakthrough Gibraltar (Mar - Sep 41)

Date range: Mar - Jul 41
Campaigns / Objectives:
  • Western Approaches / Winston's Special (Mar - Dec 41)
  • Western Approaches / Central Atlantic Supplies (Apr - Nov 41)
  • Western Approaches / South Atlantic Convoys (Apr - Nov 41)

I've done my best to match in game base locations, patrol areas, objective dates, refitting ports, etc, with the data available on historical U-boat patrols that required a refuelling in a spanish port. Nevertheless, I am sure that given your deep knolwledge of OHII campaign, there is space for improvements from your parts. What do you think?

I have one last question: do you think that the refitting from an anchored unit will be possible?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12, 02:47 PM   #2089
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Trevallly,

I've prepared a scheme resuming the info on German replenishments in Spanish ports previously posted by me, and proposing a possible availability pattern within OHII campaigns. Here it is:

I've done my best to match in game base locations, patrol areas, objective dates, refitting ports, etc, with the data available on historical U-boat patrols that required a refuelling in a spanish port. Nevertheless, I am sure that given your deep knolwledge of OHII campaign, there is space for improvements from your parts. What do you think?
Good research work again Gap
To make this work - I would have to turn these ports German for those dates. Or, make spain axis for those dates and then all ports will be enabled.
So ports would be best.

Quote:
I have one last question: do you think that the refitting from an anchored unit will be possible?
What do you have in mind here

Refuel ships can only be called by the campaign script through the radio op.
The only other way to refuel is in port.
If your anchored ship is out at sea - I could add a hidden port under it with date ranges to match the ship when at anchor.
This would act just like sailing into a port - when within the raduis - option to refuel. (refit/dock = would be grayed out)

Old 10-07-12, 03:15 PM   #2090
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

I finished my SH5 install with OHII an hour ago. The game screen is now in German, how do I get it back to Engilish? Thanks.

Oh the fun I've just had.
During that hour I had the blue screen of death after I tried to close out SH5. The only way I could shut it down was with a Restart. After that was the BSoD repeatedly everytime I'd try to boot up. I have a feeling Steam client was the problem and somehow my boot drive was changed. Got that sorted out and just uninstalled Steam [Had to relogin for Steam and that is where the BSoD started again]. System Restore did not change anything, and that's going back several weeks. I'm now running MS Security Essentials to see if there's something else nackering up the system. That'll take about 4 hours to do a full scan. And no, I don't think it was caused by any mods. So rest easy.... I just had to vent somewhere.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12, 06:36 PM   #2091
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Good research work again Gap
To make this work - I would have to turn these ports German for those dates. Or, make spain axis for those dates and then all ports will be enabled.
So ports would be best.
Switching Spain to axis side would make all of its ports available for refitting. I think it would be better assigning only the desired ports to Germany during the appropriate dates

...but, if technically possible, I have a better idea...

Quote:
What do you have in mind here

Refuel ships can only be called by the campaign script through the radio op.
The only other way to refuel is in port.
If your anchored ship is out at sea - I could add a hidden port under it with date ranges to match the ship when at anchor.
This would act just like sailing into a port - when within the raduis - option to refuel. (refit/dock = would be grayed out)

it would be cool making the mentioned replenishment tankers to spawn at ports and at 0 knots (as if they were docked ships), when we call for a refitting. This way, we would be forced to enter in ports and to get in their range for refitting from them. The other way (as suggested by you), it would be enough to be off the harbor, within a given range, for refuelling.

The result would be the same, indeed, but having to actually get in the Spanish harbor and to make contact with a docked German tanker, would add to the immersion, making us to feel like in Das Boot
Old 10-08-12, 12:07 AM   #2092
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Hi

Merci @choum à tes souhaits (si besoin)

French humor inside !
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-12, 06:14 AM   #2093
Segwin
Planesman

Downloads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
I finished my SH5 install with OHII an hour ago. The game screen is now in German, how do I get it back to Engilish? Thanks.

During that hour I had the blue screen of death after I tried to close out SH5. The only way I could shut it down was with a Restart. After that was the BSoD repeatedly everytime I'd try to boot up. I have a feeling Steam client was the problem and somehow my boot drive was changed. Got that sorted out and just uninstalled Steam [Had to relogin for Steam and that is where the BSoD started again]. System Restore did not change anything, and that's going back several weeks. I'm now running MS Security Essentials to see if there's something else nackering up the system. That'll take about 4 hours to do a full scan. And no, I don't think it was caused by any mods. So rest easy.... I just had to vent somewhere.
What a nightmare, hope everything is sorted out and you're back at sea.

After being through this type of thing many times before it's best not to think about how many hours you've wasted (on a game I might add) as the computer might magically fly out of an upstairs window.
Segwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-12, 06:57 AM   #2094
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:

The 'menu.txt' file is located here; C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Menu
Replace it with an English version and you'll get your English menu back.
E.G. you can find one in the NewUis TDC located here; NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu
Copy it and paste it into; C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Menu

As you talk about unexpectedly getting a German game menu I'm curious about your mod list - mod list please

You could even try to reinstall your JSGME. Webster has a reliable method here; http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...28&postcount=1
Old 10-08-12, 09:44 AM   #2095
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Steel, I uninstalled all mods last night with the thought of doing as Webster says. Which I did a little while ago. After thinking on it I probably have a few conflicting mods in my 'soup' mess. I can use a fresh intsall of SH5 as I made a copy of it from the new install I did the other day.... it's stock vanilla SH5.

I'm still using the list you saw earlier and commented on on what to use and what to change. I'll send it to you via PM. I haven't found the Dynamic Environment mod for SH5 yet.... still looking for it. I didn't have any of TDW's mods installled with mine, for the obvious reason I can't seem to get them installed correctly. Except for his Snorkle mod which I'm not going to use again.... no key to activate it and it probably caused problems too. Tho Trevally did send me two folders I can put in my JSGME and install without all the problems I get installing his UIs.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-12, 10:14 AM   #2096
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I haven't found the Dynamic Environment mod for SH5 yet.... still looking for it.
Look below:

||
\/

Main mod and Shallow water patch (decreases seabottom visibility through water surface):
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...46#post1639246

Skycolor Hotfix (fixes gray sky color):
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ix#post1861420

Skycolor Hotfix (fixes gray sky color and makes nights darker):
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ix#post1903204
Old 10-08-12, 10:25 AM   #2097
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Steel, I uninstalled all mods last night with the thought of doing as Webster says. Which I did a little while ago. After thinking on it I probably have a few conflicting mods in my 'soup' mess. I can use a fresh intsall of SH5 as I made a copy of it from the new install I did the other day.... it's stock vanilla SH5.

I'm still using the list you saw earlier and commented on on what to use and what to change. I'll send it to you via PM. I haven't found the Dynamic Environment mod for SH5 yet.... still looking for it. I didn't have any of TDW's mods installled with mine, for the obvious reason I can't seem to get them installed correctly. Except for his Snorkle mod which I'm not going to use again.... no key to activate it and it probably caused problems too. Tho Trevally did send me two folders I can put in my JSGME and install without all the problems I get installing his UIs.
Howdy partner,

That's good, I'll wait for your list.
Here you find Dynamic Environment

When/if reinstalling make sure you get your SH5 patched to v1.2.0
It should be patched automatically when you launch SH5 first time, if it shouldn't go to;
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe and run it

If you'd like to try another UI I can recommend the CSP Magui
New version coming up any day now.

What two folders are you talking about?

Best
Old 10-08-12, 11:44 AM   #2098
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
What two folders are you talking about?
I made a mod with TDWs UI, IRAI and FX all in one and with the options all set. I also made one with his paches all made and both these mods are jsgme ready (just drop into MODS folder and enable).

If anyone else is having issues with these - send me a pm and I can give you a link. Shhh don't tell anyone
Old 10-08-12, 01:42 PM   #2099
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
I made a mod with TDWs UI, IRAI and FX all in one and with the options all set. I also made one with his paches all made and both these mods are jsgme ready (just drop into MODS folder and enable).

If anyone else is having issues with these - send me a pm and I can give you a link. Shhh don't tell anyone

Sounds nice

I'd like to run them just to see if I can find any differences from my previous settings.
Where can I download them?
Old 10-08-12, 03:15 PM   #2100
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
I'd like to run them just to see if I can find any differences from my previous settings.
Where can I download them?
Hi Trevally!
Me too

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii