SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-19-09, 09:33 AM   #1
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default [REL] Webster's Better Air Patrols for v1.4 and v1.5

Webster's Better Air Patrols for v1.4 and v1.5
************************************************** ************************************************

This mod works for both v1.4 and v1.5 of the game, if any conflicts show up with other mods then just install this mod last and overwrite any files.

This mod reduces the range and number of enemy air craft you should encounter.

i have reduced the size of all large air bases to normal sized bases to greatly reduce the traffic on those two aircraft highways found in the game that will unrealisticly always have constant aircraft traffic between tokyo and pearl and the other frpm tokyo to formosa.

the skill level of pilots has been increased slightly so that they should be more accurate when they attack you.

i also changed the probability of night attack so night attacks should no longer occur at all according to my test results.

the intention of this mod was to limit the game to having just a few aircraft flying over you until you were close to enemy air bases or in response to your attack or if you have been detected.

i created this mod to reduced the number of planes you will see and give pilots better acuracy when they attack.

Install info:

As with all my mods, this mod is jsgme ready and it includes a read me file. Open the downloaded zip file and then open the mod folder.

Inside the read me will tell you about the mod and the folder next to it is the actual mod itself. that is the folder you need to put into jsgme.

if the mod has more than one version then just choose the one you wish to use or the one that was made for your game version.

enjoy!

webster

Download here: SUBSIM or Filefront

Last edited by Webster; 07-02-09 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-24-10, 05:07 AM   #2
VirtualVikingX
Captain

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Thanks!

EDIT: Question: Is this included in the GFO mod?
VirtualVikingX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 12:23 PM   #3
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 4

Webster.. what the answer on this one.. I didn't see this in the mod list, but maybe you've implemented it without mention..
vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-10, 05:46 PM   #4
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

yes its in GFO

the way i have them listed in GFO is more of a description as to the changes the mods will make, instead of the actual mod names so the line:

"- Air patrols have been reduced but pilots will now be a little more accurate when they are attacking you"

refers to my better air patrols mod

in the "read me files" folder you will see the mods read me files and the text file "List of Mods in GFO" has the mods listed by name

Last edited by Webster; 01-20-14 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-20-14, 05:18 PM   #5
das_lamm
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3

I am many years late to the party, but just started playing last week.

Thank you for fixing the aircraft problem. My Dad flew fighters off the Essex in the war, and I know for a fact that the Japanese did not fly at night (at least in the early years of the war.)

I did not buy the game to spend hours avoiding aircraft, I bought it to hunt and sink enemy shipping.

BTW, I still think the original Silent Hunter is the most fun, it may not be realistic to jump directly to your patrol area, but after all with limited time to play I want to get into the action. Right now I spend more than one nights playing time just getting to my patrol area, and the same getting back to port. Actual play time of < 1/3, I was ready to delete the game as a waste.
das_lamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 05:24 PM   #6
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

WELCOME ABOARD!

I still enjoy the original as well, but after almost thirty years of playing subsims I've come to enjoy the quiet of the travel time.
Old 11-16-20, 10:42 PM   #7
Manfred Von Gosky
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Icon8 Bah! How do you work this thing?!

So yeah, I'm still kind of new to this site and I'm still trying to find my way around after having locked myself out. Just now, I was able to get back in. And maybe, just MAYBE I can finally get into the series.

I came here, because I have now become fed up with the practical swarms of planes spawning in along my course coming in from multiple directions.

I'm... TRYING to download this. But when it finished downloading and I clicked to open it, I got an Internet Explorer view downloads window. I try to click 'Open' and it's literally REFUSING to open! A window opens and then IMMEDIATELY shuts out!

So forgive me if I seem a bit irritable. Someone pass the Grog.
Manfred Von Gosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 12:00 AM   #8
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: mod opening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfred Von Gosky View Post
So yeah, I'm still kind of new to this site and I'm still trying to find my way around after having locked myself out. Just now, I was able to get back in. And maybe, just MAYBE I can finally get into the series.

I came here, because I have now become fed up with the practical swarms of planes spawning in along my course coming in from multiple directions.

I'm... TRYING to download this. But when it finished downloading and I clicked to open it, I got an Internet Explorer view downloads window. I try to click 'Open' and it's literally REFUSING to open! A window opens and then IMMEDIATELY shuts out!

So forgive me if I seem a bit irritable. Someone pass the Grog.
Ahoy, Manfred Von Gosky

For the record, mods come in a zipped format...

They are NOT going to just open up, like some... magical flower or cave at a command word of 'Open Sesame'...

It takes a program like... Winzip or 7zip.. or any other program, app similar to those...

I, use 7zip, which I recommend... not because it will net Me any $$.. as My recommending it won't do jack.. it is just the app/program I use & like... and will do the trick for unzipping zipped stuff.

Hope this helps...

M. M.

Old 11-17-20, 01:46 PM   #9
Manfred Von Gosky
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, Manfred Von Gosky

For the record, mods come in a zipped format...

They are NOT going to just open up, like some... magical flower or cave at a command word of 'Open Sesame'...

It takes a program like... Winzip or 7zip.. or any other program, app similar to those...

I, use 7zip, which I recommend... not because it will net Me any $$.. as My recommending it won't do jack.. it is just the app/program I use & like... and will do the trick for unzipping zipped stuff.

Hope this helps...

M. M.

I'm assuming it would be better to use the 20.02 version rather than the 19.00 version.

Does the "variation" I use matter? I'm looking at 32-Bitx86, 64-Bitx64, and 64-Bit ARM64

My basic specs are:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80 GHz 2.81 GHz
8 GB of RAM (7,87 GB useable)
64-Bit Operating System, x64-Based Processor
No Pen or Touch Input
Old 11-17-20, 03:13 PM   #10
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
I'm assuming it would be better to use the 20.02 version rather than the 19.00 version.

Does the "variation" I use matter? I'm looking at 32-Bitx86, 64-Bitx64, and 64-Bit ARM64

My basic specs are:

No Pen or Touch Input
jumping in here....

no, the relative version does not matter.
if you can get a fully functional version 19 as opposed to having to pay for a functional but newer release, take the older version.

most users will not need all of the bells and whistles that newer versions boast of. you will only need to unzip and possibly re-zip.

as far as the Variation is concerned, it will depend on your processor and your OS. Since you have published your system specs (thank you very much) you will need a 64-bit version, however you do not mention your OS. Are you running Win10? More than likely you will want this version.
Download .exe 64-bit x64 7-Zip for 64-bit Windows x64 (Intel 64 or AMD64)

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 05:00 PM   #11
Manfred Von Gosky
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
jumping in here....

if you can get a fully functional version 19 as opposed to having to pay for a functional but newer release, take the older version.

most users will not need all of the bells and whistles that newer versions boast of. you will only need to unzip and possibly re-zip.

as far as the Variation is concerned, it will depend on your processor and your OS. Since you have published your system specs (thank you very much) you will need a 64-bit version, however you do not mention your OS. Are you running Win10? More than likely you will want this version.

I realized sometime later that I forgot my OS. And it's Windows 10.
Old 11-17-20, 08:39 PM   #12
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: zip apps...

Quote:

My basic specs are:

No Pen or Touch Input
Most stuff for doing things you need to do... case in point, 7zip... do include free versions, which don't come with all the bells & whistles of the paid for versions.

Which is fine, as for the most part, they come with enough of the main things you need them for... which is a good thing for those that are on a tight budget restraint, like Myself.

1 main thing to watch out for, is... that some of them (not all do, thankfully) of stuffing in un needed or as some others refer to it as... bloat ware.. or ads of some sort or other.

7zip, is thankfully 1 of those that doesn't... last that I checked, any way.

It is for that reason, as to My recommending 7zip, which is very simple to install after downloading it. The version I have is 19.00 (x64), which is for Windows 10 x64 Opsys' (Operating Systems). My pc runs Win 10 Pro, which came with originally Win7 Pro, thankfully. It still gives Me a measure of deciding when to allow updates from Microshaft.. erhm, Microsoft... don't get Me wrong, I still like them, but.. they have at times gotten heavy handed with shoving updates out the door with out making sure it doesn't have bad side effects.

I like having the ability to back check an update & make sure that others haven't had issues (bad ones, at that...) before updating.

Any way... main point is... for you, it looks to be the same as what I have, with having 7zip.

+1 what KaleunMarco said, quoted below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
jumping in here....

Ahoy, KaleunMarco

M. M.