SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-14, 04:28 PM   #16
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordie78 View Post
Hmmm, it seems this is a combination of DW and NWAC/FC. If I am reading the information right that is. You get to use the sensors that were available in DW, but can command multiple units such as NWAC/FC?

Many of my questions would be answered if a demo was available...
That is one thing I know for sure...there will not be any Demo-version of Command.

There is one person who is not a member of the Dev-team and he has his own thread in this Subforum

Baloogan you can ask him a lot about this game.

Don't know if that is possible though

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 11:56 PM   #17
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
The developers have publicly declared that there will be no demo. It is probably for good reason. I think that folks who actually get to try a demo of this game prior to purchase are going to be asking themselves, "They want $100 for THIS?!"

Of course, there are always some who claim that they would willingly pay $200-300 for this game. Good for them. But I doubt that the rest of us would say the same.

However, I am here to help all SubSim members. If you absolutely feel that you must try a demo before you can make an informed decision, contact me and we can arrange for you to take control of one of my spare computers. You can test the game via a remote connection to your heart's content.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-14, 02:30 AM   #18
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Hmmm, it seems this is a combination of DW and NWAC/FC. If I am reading the information right that is. You get to use the sensors that were available in DW, but can command multiple units such as NWAC/FC?

Take a look at Baloogan's video series: http://baloogancampaign.com/episodes/
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 07:12 AM   #19
strykerpsg
Loader

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman View Post
The developers have publicly declared that there will be no demo. It is probably for good reason. I think that folks who actually get to try a demo of this game prior to purchase are going to be asking themselves, "They want $100 for THIS?!"

Of course, there are always some who claim that they would willingly pay $200-300 for this game. Good for them. But I doubt that the rest of us would say the same.

However, I am here to help all SubSim members. If you absolutely feel that you must try a demo before you can make an informed decision, contact me and we can arrange for you to take control of one of my spare computers. You can test the game via a remote connection to your heart's content.
How fortunate for you then, to have received a FREE copy from SIMHQ to review and continue to inject your "humble" opinion whenever it's in your favor to take a jab at a great title. I paid for mine and have absolutely no regrets at the cost of the software, with or without a demo. You take every opportunity to degrade this title and/or its development team, rather than try to help it advance beyond its current greatness. Then, in a semblance of sportsmanship, you offer to share a computer with someone to see if it's worthwhile. I suspect you would probably show them an original build, with all the settings to match your petty comments about cluttered display and wonky controls.

As you continue to get booted from forums you just seem to not want to let this title go. Perhaps it's too much of a rub for you, that a team that took their honest labors, years of love and work, to a developer rather than lurk in the shadows and eat off the trimmings, they in turn are making a genuine profit. They are also establishing a legacy product and building a fantastic following of people that took a chance, without a demo, and spent their hard earned monies on the title. This title continues to thrive and that really seems to bother you. You have my sympathies.

Last edited by strykerpsg; 08-09-14 at 04:50 AM.
strykerpsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 07:29 AM   #20
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I am now sensing a lack of respect at best and hostility at worst.

It must end now...take anything further to PM.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 12:56 PM   #21
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:

I do not think it is appropriate to offer demos using a review copy. If the developers wanted to release a demo, they would.
Old 08-07-14, 01:09 PM   #22
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

I believe the FAQ is clear enough and covers this adequately: "...We do not care what you do on your computer in your home, but do not discuss it here. Support computer game programmers buy legally purchasing their work. They have to eat too, you know."

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 01:13 PM   #23
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
I do not think it is appropriate to offer demos using a review copy. If the developers wanted to release a demo, they would.
No problem, since it isn't a review copy. Anyone who wants to see how this game runs can sit and watch from a remote connection while I manipulate the controls and enter the commands. This can be accomplished by either use of Skype, TeamViewer, or some other connection like TwitchTV. That way, all they do is observe without any direct control. I am happy to act as a medium to demonstrate any functions in which they have an interest. I believe that this satisfies any concerns. In short, interested folks can tell me what they want to see and I'll get it demonstrated and shown. If SubSim feels that this is somehow inappropriate, then I will withdraw the offer.

TwitchTV.com is already in use for this game on SubSim
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...05&postcount=3

This would just be more personalized guided tour.

Folks who are simply interested in video replays can also check out:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited by Herman; 08-07-14 at 01:45 PM.
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-14, 03:28 AM   #24
ordie78
Swabbie

Downloads: 146

I fail to see how using another computer remotely is inappropriate. What is the difference between that going over to my buddy's house to try out a game, or someone posting videos of a product on Youtube?

The result is the same. Well...with the exception of Youtube.

And here's the biggest reason for me to be a demo supporter. I want to make sure it runs on my machine before I buy a game. I can watch all of the videos, read the reviews bla bla bla.

Shelling out that much money for a game that may or may not run on my machine or be very laggy is a big gamble. Just food for thought in my opinion. I always thought demos were good advertising and customer satisfaction knowing how the game will run on the machine.
ordie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 07:49 AM   #25
strykerpsg
Loader

Quote:
No problem, since it isn't a review copy. Anyone who wants to see how this game runs can sit and watch from a remote connection while I manipulate the controls and enter the commands.

Folks who are simply interested in video replays can also check out:

Interesting that you're showcasing the v1.01 build 462(shown in the upper right of your screen shot in your video) and not v1.04 build 490. What's also interesting is that you continue trying to reinforce your original review talking points, such as:

1. Clutter in the video, mentioning the BSOD (Black Screen Of Data((or Death, as you call it))). This was changed and user configurable in v1.02 and higher. Note 2nd Picture, lower left corner of screen.

2. Cluttered display, which you mention is not able to de-clutter, but you clearly pass over the "Merge Range Symbols" under "Map Settings" Note all pictures of a decluttered display. You can select cluttered, individual weapon/sensor displays or merge them according to weapons versus range.

3. You talk about refresh rates on your screen. I'm running an i7 processor and no hiccups. Even in a cluttered mode as you like, mine runs very smoothly so perhaps it's time for an upgrade for ya. But, too each, his own.

4. You mention about the AI expending all ordinance, which while true in v1.01, is not an issue with v1.02 or higher. AI expends their primary weapons and RTB with only self defense weapons, unless turned off in the Mission Editor so yes, you can have total furballs with every available weapon, if you choose. I also ran the North Pacific Shootout under full AI and only lost 6 F-14's and 1 Orion. Not bad considering the Russians lost 12 MiG31's, 3 Tu-16's and 6 Su-27's. Still a 3 to 1 loss ratio on both fighters and maritime patrol aircraft, hence the Triumph score.

My problem is your overall characterization of the game and your perception of it's fallacies. Did it have some warts in the beginning, some yes but very playable. You pointed out some of those warts in your original 1.00 review. However, like any responsible game design team, such as Warfaresims, they take every moment to improve upon that original engine, hence my screenshots to disprove your July 2014 video and your talking points. You're still running v1.01 and refusing to admit your original talking points are now no longer valid and therefore you loose credibility and to some, validity.

I would challenge you to upgrade to version 1.04 since you state you purchased a copy and are not using the review copy from SimHQ. This can be done by selecting the "Check for updates" tab on the opening screen on purchased versions. The Warfaresims team is offering the pinnacle Modern Naval simulation and rather than accept it, you go out of your way everywhere in an attempt to debunk it. The problem is the genre is a niche market and H3/H4 no longer are holding water as they did 10, 15 or more years ago. Are H3/H4 dead, certainly not, but this title has taken Command of that aging niche market and brought new life to it.

I know this was asked to go PM, but since you threw out your 1 month old, July 2014 video, I felt a need to address it's shortcomings as you seem bent on the same dated arguments from v1.00. It's time to update your build and then provide your feedback. I suspect there will be some things that may impress you.

Below are the pictures of my North Pacific Shootout results, v1.04 build 490, upper left corner of the pics:
Herman 1.jpg

Herman 2.jpg

Herman 3.jpg

Herman 4.jpg

Herman 5.jpg

Apologies to all, they came out a bit smaller than I anticipated.

Last edited by strykerpsg; 08-21-14 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-21-14, 09:43 AM   #26
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post

I know this was asked to go PM
It most certainly was and to be precise....

Quote:
It must end now...take anything further to PM.
You have had your right of reply to the edited post you make reference to and the matter MUST now go to PM if there are to be any more exchanges on the topic between yourselves.

This is my final request.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 09:48 AM   #27
strykerpsg
Loader

Got it! Hooah!
Old 08-21-14, 11:50 AM   #28
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

For your notice I love this game. Furthermore, you have a Dev team that works almost 24/7 to solve problems that we encounter while we play the game.

100 % realistic !? No its not and I guess it would be impossible to create a warefare Sims that are 100 % realistic

Just my opinion

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 11:57 PM   #29
Reckall
Watch

Downloads: 52

I understand the moderator's policy on this matter, but as the editor of that site I would like to give my two cents before going under the PM thermocline as requested.

Basically, all the videos are reviewed by me before being posted. As a cursory look at the site will show, I apply a strict policy when the video of a new game is posted: to specify under which patch the video was recorded.

The reasons, I hope, are obvious: if new patches are published, there is an immediate understanding that the video is outdated.

Regarding the idea that the video can mislead viewers, by using an older version of the game whereas the work on it has progressed via new patches, one only has to look to the date the video was released; he will be able to see that, by that date, the patch used was the most advanced one.

[Some videos, for a variety of reasons, are kept private, and YouTube shows the date the video was made public. There is nothing it can be done about that except to point messages from the people who asked/commented the video at an earlier date].

For obvious reason, I always try to very strict in applying this policy.

And that's all! Now I'll dive under the PM thermocline and try to avoid the moderators' deep ban charges. Wish me luck!

Vincenzo Beretta

Edit: Clarifications.
Reckall is offline   Reply With Quote