SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-26-20, 12:06 PM   #4756
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 07:04 AM   #4757
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-27-20, 07:12 AM   #4758
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Rise in cases prompts French PM to speak of an 'undeniable surge'

South Korea registers 441 new infections - biggest one-day rise in cases.

Low-paid workers in some parts of England to receive £13 a day for self-isolating.

EU trade commissioner Phil Hogan has resigned after attending a golf dinner in Ireland with more than 80 guests.

Germany appears poised to limit private parties to a maximum of 25 people, and extend a ban on large events to the end of the year, as cases continue to rise in the country.

Centers for Disease Control says non-symptomatic people may not need testing in US

Remote tribe in India's Andamans archipelago records first cases of coronavirus.

Internal China flights could recover fully by next month, travel data firm says.

Australia's hard-hit Victoria sees lowest daily case rise since early July.

Argentina has for the first time registered more than 10,000 new daily coronavirus cases since the pandemic began.

More than 24m cases registered worldwide so far, and over 825,700 deaths - Johns Hopkins University.

Old 08-28-20, 04:35 AM   #4759
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-28-20, 04:45 AM   #4760
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Rules requiring Parisians to wear masks come into force as France reports 6,111 new cases - highest since peak of outbreak.

In Spain, children as young as six will have to wear face coverings at school.

Germans are told not to travel to high-risk countries and regions, as top state official says: "Corona is fully back in Germany"

UK government will encourage people to return to workplaces in a new campaign.

New daily infections in the UK increased to 1,522 on Thursday - the highest since mid-June.

US President Donald Trump pledges a vaccine before the end of the year, "or maybe even sooner"

About 24.5 million cases have officially been confirmed worldwide so far, with 831,000 deaths.

Old 08-28-20, 04:51 AM   #4761
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-28-20, 11:00 AM   #4762
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-28-20, 01:38 PM   #4763
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I've been told by my Thai friend that there aren't many cases in Thailand because they eat Thai spicy levels of heat. LOL I now look like I might have the virus. My nose is running and my eyes are watering from these red Thai chili peppers in my Som Tam.
Old 08-28-20, 07:23 PM   #4764
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-20, 10:53 PM   #4765
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

If I read this right, approximately 50,000 Americans who are dead from covid-19 might be alive if doctors had treated early with Hydroxychloroquine. Can't blame that on Trump. Not too mention 30% of all the cases in the entire world. Seems just as bad as Cuomo sending covid-19 into nursing homes.
Old 08-29-20, 05:00 AM   #4766
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-29-20, 05:05 AM   #4767
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Protesters gather in Berlin to voice opposition to coronavirus restrictions.

In France, a further 7,379 cases were confirmed on Friday in an "exponential rise"

A leaked report for the UK government predicts 85,000 Covid deaths this winter in a worst case scenario.

South Korea sees another day of triple-digit rises, with 308 new cases registered on Saturday.

Children can carry coronavirus in their noses for up to three weeks, a study from South Korea suggests.

The Tour de France finally gets under way today, after a two-month delay.

Old 08-29-20, 09:42 AM   #4768
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-29-20, 10:04 AM   #4769
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A further six people who tested positive for coronavirus have died in hospital in England, NHS England has said. This brings the total number of confirmed reported deaths in hospitals in England to 29,547.

Meanwhile, Scotland has reported no new deaths in the past 24 hours and 88 new cases of coronavirus. Statistics from the Scottish government show the biggest number of new cases came from the Greater Glasgow and Clyde health board area, which saw a rise of 36 from Friday. The number of deaths of patients who tested positive in Scotland remains at 2,494.

Protests in Trafalgar Square.

Berlin police tell thousands of demonstrators opposed to coronavirus restrictions to disperse.

Ukraine and Czech Republic see significant spike in new infections.

South Korea says hospital beds running low in the Greater Seoul area.

In Australia, police are patrolling beaches as warmer weather encourages people to leave their homes in search of sun after the winter.

More than 24.7 million cases registered worldwide, over 837,000 deaths - Johns Hopkins University.

Old 08-29-20, 11:04 AM   #4770
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Another poltical-econo mical daydream shattered: US studies show that infected children carry a very high virus load and spread it even if being asymptomatic themself.

I only wonder why it took half a year and studies to come to this earth-moving conclusion... Several Asian countries hinted this out already over half a year ago, if not to say: from beginning on.

Plenty, plenty of potlically wnated propaganda and lies interfere with this pandemic's truths. Official government services cannot be trusted and believed, they have talked too much nonsense and told too many lies by now - with the WHO leading this propaganda movement, also from beginning on. The goal can only be seen as a) not pissing China, and b) bringing people back into their jobs so that the economy can go on: no matter the risk and cost.

I have stopped believing government officials and services anything on this any longer, and already months ago. The video on HCQ surprises me a bit, but then Campell does not mention Zinc, and I think that is the deicisve secret ingredient in the mix, becasue it seems to me that not HCQ in low (!) doses does the trick, but that it just kicks the door open for Zinc to get Zinc into the cell (which is the difficulty). The studies I am awre of that were done in more or less beoeivable support for HCQ all ioncluded Zinc doses given as well, AFAIK.

I tried to work around this problem by taking Zinc since some months as well, in some higher, but not critical doses, both as to-be swallowed pill and as longines (whenever I leave the house). The idea is that the regular consummation may slowly help to slowly increase Zinc levels inside cells even if the transportaiton way is anythign but ideal this way. I am aware of the intrinsic problem, and see it as just a free attempt to alter chance sin my favour, and if it does not work as I hope it will, then all I lolst is just some minor money, the dosis is is highe rthna the orthodox recomemndations, but then not high enough at all as if it would put my health at risk (you can overdose Zinc, and easier than other minerals and vitamines). Beside Zinc, its obviously D3/K2/Magnesium, Selen, and Omega-3 that I added to my daily nutritiioon since Covid began, all with the purpsoe of maybe findign that they do help to alter hcnace sin my faovur, and to modulate the immune system such that it does produce - in case of infection - lower ammounts of inflammatory zytocines and more ammounts of non-inflammatory zytocines. Thats the whole idea behind my attempt.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-29-20 at 11:21 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan