SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-17-21, 05:45 PM   #1
Tacoma74
Watch

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0
Default Reshade For SH3

Reshade can be tricky to get running with SH3, but it is an essential tool for setting the game up to look the way you want it. I've always thought that SH3, while being an amazing game, looked sort of washed out and absent of color. This will help. I've been able to figure out how to get it running. For those that are interested, I thought that I would share with you how I did it. Feel free to ask any questions.

UPDATE: MediaFire was throwing a fit over some copyright issues with a couple reshade files I had uploaded (oops!), so I've updated the whole installation procedure. It's a bit more work on your end, but will produce the same result. It is worth it in my opinion.

Reshade For SH3 Installation:

1.) Firstly, you need to download the official setup file for Reshade. This is version 4.6.1 that I use. It is not the "most current" version, but I know that it works with SH3 without any issues: https://www.mediafire.com/file/njqdz...4.6.1.exe/file
2.) Now, assuming d3d9.dll already exists in your game directory, it won't let Reshade install correctly. This is the main issue with why it doesn't work, but there is an easy workaround. Make a new folder in your JSGME mods folder and name it "Reshade" or whatever you want. Copy your sh3.exe and paste it in this folder.
3.) Run the Reshade setup. Hit "browse" and then point it at the copy of sh3.exe in the folder you just created and hit open. Select "Direct3D 9" and hit install. It will ask you what shaders you want to install. I usually just install all of them except for the legacy shaders, in which I just use what they have selected. It's up to you really. When it is done it should say it was installed successfully.
4.) Go ahead and delete the copy of sh3.exe you made earlier as it is not needed anymore. Rename the d3d9.dll in your mod folder to "sh3_d3d9.dll".
5.) Download the DLL injector from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/autodllinjector/
6.) Simply extract the .exe to the Reshade mod folder you've created.
7.) Now open JSGME and activate "Reshade" to copy the files into the game directory.
8.) In the main game directory, right click AutoInject.exe, go to properties and set it to run as administrator. This is crucial for this to work. I run it in win7 compatibility mode too for peace of mind. Exit.
9.) Go ahead and right click AutoInject again. Click "send to", and then "desktop (create shortcut)". You will need to have an instance of this running before running the game.
10.) Run the shortcut you just made to start AutoInject. Under Processes, hit the box with 3 dots. Select your sh3.exe and hit open. Click the "+" to add it into the processes section. Select the sh3.exe process, then under libraries, hit the box with 3 dots. Select sh3_d3d9.dll (in your main directory) and open. Hit the "+" to add it. Check the box that says inject upon process startup. AutoInject will create a config file so that you only have to do this once during initial setup.
11.) Run the game. There should be a loading dialog that pops up at the top of the screen. If not then something is wrong. Double check all previous steps.

The default key to open the Reshade overlay is "Home". You can change this to whatever you want under the settings tab in the overlay. I like to use "Scroll Lock" There are lots of other settings in here. Set it up however you want to.

Here is the preset that I use: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mwmg1...shade.ini/file
Simply place it in your game directory and load it via the Reshade console. Feel free to adjust it to your taste, or simply create your own from scratch.

A few obligatory before and after shots:

Last edited by Tacoma74; 01-19-21 at 04:18 PM.
Tacoma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 04:38 PM   #2
Robotjukebox
Nub

Downloads: 115

Was just looking into how to do this. Thanks!
Robotjukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 09:11 PM   #3
Tacoma74
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotjukebox View Post
Was just looking into how to do this. Thanks!

You're welcome! It was tricky to get figured out. This should make it easier for everyone.
Old 01-18-21, 10:44 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: download blocked by mediafire

Tried seeing of downloading via the link you provided Tacoma74... & got this popping up, after clicking the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/error.php?...rigin=download

File Download Blocked

The file you attempted to download has been previously claimed by a copyright holder through a valid DMCA request and cannot be downloaded.

M. M.

Old 01-18-21, 11:26 PM   #5
Tacoma74
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Tried seeing of downloading via the link you provided Tacoma74... & got this popping up, after clicking the link:

https://www.mediafire.com/error.php?...rigin=download

File Download Blocked

The file you attempted to download has been previously claimed by a copyright holder through a valid DMCA request and cannot be downloaded.

M. M.

Mediafire isn't happy with it apparently... I've taken the link down. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I might have to go a different route and make this more of a tutorial on how to download and set it all up yourselves, instead of giving you the files and making it easy for everyone. I'll update the original post with the whole procedure.
Old 01-19-21, 01:11 AM   #6
Tacoma74
Watch

Ok, I've updated the installation process. Pretty simple but might take a little more time to get going. See the original post for details.

If anyone has questions or comments, let me know
Old 01-19-21, 02:36 PM   #7
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma74 View Post
Ok, I've updated the installation process. Pretty simple but might take a little more time to get going. See the original post for details.

If anyone has questions or comments, let me know
Thank you for having published the work following our discussion via pm I have just injected that of Anvar Gwr21 but be careful with the keyboard configuration with reshade ...

Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 04:29 PM   #8
Tacoma74
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Thank you for having published the work following our discussion via pm I have just injected that of Anvar Gwr21 but be careful with the keyboard configuration with reshade ...

I'm glad it worked for you. Awesome!

And yes, the key bindings will need to be setup how you want them to be in the console settings.

Cheers, my friend
Old 01-19-21, 06:20 PM   #9
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma74 View Post
I'm glad it worked for you. Awesome!

And yes, the key bindings will need to be setup how you want them to be in the console settings.

Cheers, my friend
yes you have to be careful with the cam because ctrl + F2 c is the same for reshade

a quick try here
: Kaleun_Wink:https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...ostcount=15449

be careful to adjust your keyboard in the setting is restart otherwise beware of the problems just injected Sh4 without problem

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 01-19-21 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-19-21, 08:06 PM   #10
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

[QUOTE=Kal_Maximus_U669;2722850]yes you have to be careful with the cam because ctrl + F2 c is the same for reshade

a quick try here
: Kaleun_Wink:https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...ostcount=15449

be careful to adjust your keyboard in the setting is restart otherwise beware of the problems;I just injected Sh4 without problem
Old 02-27-23, 10:05 PM   #11
Tigerzhunters
Frogman

Downloads: 96

Default Key binding

So im questioning how to activated the shader is it need key binding or smth can you show me a picture to activated because it little confusing to active
Tigerzhunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 05:26 PM   #12
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Tigerzhunters!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 06:21 PM   #13
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerzhunters View Post
So im questioning how to activated the shader is it need key binding or smth can you show me a picture to activated because it little confusing to active
All these works have disappeared someone has deemed it necessary to remove them (like many others elsewhere)... so I won't do it again... sorry...