Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 08-03-10, 04:28 PM   #256
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
http://www.youtube.com/user/johnnypf.../0/AeTwkqRhR38

Looks like a new update every week now. I like that frequency, implies that they're really getting things together
Been new piccies every Friday (well on most Fridays) for some time now.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-10, 07:42 PM   #257
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

I wonder how many of the fans out there are aware of that fact...
Old 08-04-10, 05:44 AM   #258
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
I wonder how many of the fans out there are aware of that fact...
Everyone who has been to the 1C forums.
Old 09-25-10, 03:27 PM   #259
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg
Ok, today I would like to say some important.

If you all remember, Il-2 was a sim that was setings some new standards in industry. Not all understand it in the beginning... however all things that were loaded in the engine and even were not using in the beginning - most of them were later working. Some technologies were copied by other deelopers (even not simers), some - still are uniquie.

And what I would like to say... BoB with its first generation will have also many things that probably will be working later in time step by step. But anyway with the first release it will also set some new standards in sim industry for WWII flight sims. Be sure.
We are doning a series from the beginning for the long life o the market, looking back for our expereince in the past, learnig good and bad things of Il-2 series. So now we put a lot of things that wil come in add-ons and new separate titles (for wich we will give ability to instal in the first one... say like was with Pacific fighters... but with more features). Already now there is a process of development for one of the several new sims (with such a feature to merge them).
If everything will be Ok with BoB on the market, then you all will see more and more coming nice titles and add-ons (both free and payware).

Not all things that I personally designed in the past will go in the release of BoB. But you all probably even don't know what was planned and partially already developed...
I dislike to open even partially this info now... simply wait. Don't think you will be dissapointed

X-day... release. This now will depending of publisher... and our fast woks over the bugs.
Bugs are present. The product is probably the most serious in industry in programming of features, internals, etc...
So I can't tell exact date right now. But we are close, very close in our works of final release version... We need to polish all the coming in final release features. I personally wouldn't release the product that have serious bugs that was known. It is our principle in the past.. it is now...

All for today... I need to switch off PC for packing....
Old 09-26-10, 12:10 AM   #260
GSpector
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 11

I'm sensing, by your info that BoB may be released soon and will have new unique features.

Just guessing.
Old 09-26-10, 08:01 PM   #261
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSpector View Post
I'm sensing, by your info that BoB may be released soon and will have new unique features.

Just guessing.
Am I sensing sarcasm there?

Tho, I am hopeful with the news, seeing that we have new in-game screenshots every friday, the game can't be far off.
Old 09-26-10, 10:43 PM   #262
GSpector
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Am I sensing sarcasm there?

Tho, I am hopeful with the news, seeing that we have new in-game screenshots every friday, the game can't be far off.

Well, maybe just a little bit But I do hope it is released when it is ready.
Old 09-27-10, 03:17 AM   #263
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

I won't hype myself up untill I see the anouncement with the release date on the local game's shop website.

HunterICX
Old 09-27-10, 02:04 PM   #264
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
I won't hype myself up untill I see the anouncement with the release date on the local game's shop website.

HunterICX
Then you will find that the internet says "Not Released in Spain"
Old 10-31-10, 07:01 AM   #265
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Short video clip (and few screenshots):
Old 12-20-10, 10:25 PM   #266
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

What's Oleg's latest ETA on this? Still Feb 2011 or will he have it languishing in development hell, maybe on a new layer next year?
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 08:11 AM   #267
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Hi folks,
First of all I would like to say about incorrect information of release date and image of package, leaked by some way yesterday: Official press release (announce) probably will happens on the next week.
About current version progress: shots are done using pre-holidays version. Team is working over the new version. More news - next week.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18124

Leaked stuff: http://sklep.gry-online.pl/kartaprod...campaign=sklep

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 11:57 AM   #268
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Well, fingers crossed I guess...

I think Oleg and the team have had the best intentions and, as with IL-2, the development of this one was not easy. I mean, IL-2 began development towards the end of the golden age of sims, and by the time it got out that age was long over. Still, hopefully the release will be more like the original IL-2 and less like certain other Ubisoft publications...

That said, you can't deny that Oleg's team were the model of building and marketing a simulation over the last 10 years, and even with the shortcomings of IL-2 as of 1946, you can't deny that the game has been thoroughly solid.

I might be waiting until SoW/Cliffs of Dover gets its own Forgotten Battles though. That was when IL-2 came into its own, IMHO - so perhaps the truth is, there's still a couple of years to go before the game really hits off and fulfills most of its potential.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 12:53 PM   #269
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quote:
London, UK – Tuesday January 18th, 2011 – Today Ubisoft announced that IL-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover, will take off on March 25th 2011 for PCs in the UK. IL-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover is the latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik™ series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.
In the UK, IL-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover will be available via download and boxed copy exclusively at Ubishop.
IL-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover takes place in 1940 during the pivotal aerial battle for the skies over Britain between the British, the German and the Italian air forces.
Key Features:
  • New aircraft: Incredibly detailed true-to-life modeling of aircraft systems based on thousands of hours of dedicated research. Every single aircraft component can be damaged for realistic and immensely satisfying results.
  • Flyable aircraft – Over a dozen famous and highly detailed English, German and Italian aircraft available, with all crew positions open to players. All flyable aircraft have been painstakingly researched, resulting in incredibly accurate cockpit interiors.
  • Non-flyable aircraft –13 additional AI-controlled aircraft are also available, created with the same attention to historical accuracy, for an even more varied and immersive combat environment.Immersive game modes:
  • Exciting Single-Player Campaign – The campaign thrusts the player into the middle of the battle. The player will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side.
  • Massive multiplayer – Customizable modes range from simple deathmatch-style free-for-alls to epic, ongoing 128 player battles that can last hours, days, weeks, or even longer.
  • Interactive training – Comprehensive interactive training for new players – fly a real WWII trainer plane with a computer controlled instructor through a series of training missions.
  • Brand new setting – The battle will take place on a large area spanning London and southern England in the north, to Northern France and Belgium in the south. The huge map will contain thousands of historical cities, towns, roads, airfields, radar stations, ports, and industrial areas – all located exactly where they were in 1940.
  • New 3D engine – Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support. Huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental elements recreate minute details of 1940s Europe.
  • Customizable difficulty – Dozens of realism options allow newcomers to the franchise to reduce the difficulty and focus on the fun while learning the ropes of being a pilot.
Ubisoft also announced that IL-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover will be available in a special Collector’s Edition, along-side the standalone version exclusively at Ubishop in the UK.
This Collector’s Edition features the following collection of exclusive pilot material assets in a premium packaging:
  • The Windows PC version of IL-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover.
  • A cloth pilot escape map showing The Battle of Britain strategic locations.
  • A replica of the Pilot’s Notes on the Spitfire I Aeroplane, provided to RAF pilots during The Battle of Britain and reprinted from the RAF Museum original document.
  • An in-depth 150-page ring binder pilot instructions.
For more information on IL-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover please visit http://www.il2sturmovik.com
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ver-announced/

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 12:57 PM   #270
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
The player will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side.

Unless of course this means that there's a possibility of blue on blue, as did often happen in the BOB, but if a squadron of mustache twirling Fifth columnists turn up then I shall not be too impressed...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote