SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-09, 07:04 AM   #1
alexsmith
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default DG bugs

Since honorauble SES don't provide (as far as I know) reasonable ways to report bugs, I dare to create this theme and will be post here most anoying bugs in ship behaviour (not technical issues as I think should be threated in a different manner). Hope mr. Bullethead or other representative of SES would find a possibility to track them and/or answer. Everybody is invited!
================================================== ====

1. Collision manoeuvrs
Can anybody tell my, WHY and against WHOM Petropavlovsk try to execute collision manoeuvr here? (Second line goes stright to the enemy)

As a result Petropavlovsk goes to the right JUST into the center of second line - and everything collapse! The weather is fine here - no storm at all.

Unfortunately this happens too often! Ships fall back from the line unexpectantly. Please react.

Also in 1.0 we could see a current course of all ships - in 1.5 we only see a connection to a "previuos" ship in line - BUT! Ship at the same time may move somewhere you never guess! And you will not realise that untill find it 2km behind your line of something like that.
alexsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 09:49 AM   #2
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsmith View Post
Since honorauble SES don't provide (as far as I know) reasonable ways to report bugs
Do you know about the bug server?

Start/All Programs/Storm Eagle Studios/Distant Guns.../Report a Bug.

This shortcut launches your browser and takes you to our bug report server. There you can type in a text message and attach files (game_log.txt, saved batles and campaigns, etc.). It's a good idea to zip the attached files before attaching them, because there seems to be a limit of 2-3megs on the uploads you can do at once.

Note that where you type in the text message, there's a box where you can change the type of message. One of the types is "suggestion", in case you have any ideas you'd like to see in the game.

Anyway, using the bug report server is the way to get your info to the people who need it. I'm not in tech support and in fact don't know much at all about how the game works.

Quote:
Can anybody tell my, WHY and against WHOM Petropavlovsk try to execute collision manoeuvr here? (Second line goes stright to the enemy)
Your picture is too small for me to see all the details. Is there any way you put it up at a larger size, or make it display larger? I can't read enough Russian to find the button for that on your site .

Anyway, I agree that ships sometimes think they're going to collide at strange times, and then take inappropriate action. It's something that could be improved. So please send in the following things when you make a bug report to the server above:

1. Saved game files from just before and just after the problem occurs.
2. The game_log.txt file, which is in the main DG folder.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 01:48 PM   #3
PeriscopeDepth
Sea Lord

Downloads: 6

Just to reiterate what BH said, SES has a very good bug reporting system.

PD
PeriscopeDepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-09, 03:21 PM   #4
alexsmith
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
Do you know about the bug server?
Start/All Programs/Storm Eagle Studios/Distant Guns.../Report a Bug.
My bad! Thank's!

===========================
Today Dark Gods became more gracious to me. Instead of fight me 7 IJN ships (all what's left from Togo's fleet) crawled right inside mine field of Port Arthur - running away from my ships. Within several minutes all were sunk

I don't even know now what to do - either replay this or begin new campaing for Japan... AI obviously requires tuning

And by the way - shore batteries never apperared - because battle began a "one map" to the east. So they not woke up. But could... All right - I'll write a detailed suggestion report - and send into Report bug. Hope someone will find usefull to read the stuff...

Last edited by alexsmith; 07-03-09 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-03-09, 03:27 PM   #5
alexsmith
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
Your picture is too small for me to see all the details. Is there any way you put it up at a larger size, or make it display larger?
Sorry. How about that http://radikal.ru/F/s59.radikal.ru/i...c0f4a.jpg.html ?