SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-06-19, 08:20 PM   #136
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

The state insurance commissioner imposes a moratorium on policy dropping. It seems the insurance companies don't like it when the accepted risk bites them instead of making them rich.
https://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticl...m#.Xer9NuiQGUk

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 10:47 AM   #137
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
The state insurance commissioner imposes a moratorium on policy dropping. It seems the insurance companies don't like it when the accepted risk bites them instead of making them rich.
https://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticl...m#.Xer9NuiQGUk
This ruling only applies to people that already have fire insurance and is only for one year ... People in the State of California that want to get fire insurance are denied all the time if they live in a fire prone area.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...t-ricardo-lara

Quote:
With risks higher than ever, the companies that offer fire insurance are deciding not to renew a larger number of California policies. State statistics show 14,225 policies were not renewed in 2018
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-19, 02:26 PM   #138
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Actually, any Californian can get fire insurance, even if they live in a fire prone area; the State has a program called FAIR Plan Insurance and it will write a policy to any qualified state homeowner; the premiums can be more than a little pricey, but, if someone chooses to live in high fire hazard areas, they're gonna have to expect to shoulder some of the financial risk in higher premiums; its just like any other high risk policy, e.g., if you choose to live in an area prone to repeated flooding, your flood insurance premiums are gonna be expensive; you make the choice, you pay the price...

Here is a link to the FAIR Plan FAQ:

https://www.cfpnet.com/index.php/consumers/f-a-q/

<O>
Old 03-18-20, 08:18 PM   #139
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon8 DEVASTATING QUAKES RAGING INFERNOS NOW THIS!!

NAPA COUNTY HAS NOW ISSUED A MANDATORY SHELTER AT HOME ORDER EXCEPT FOR ''ESSENTIAL SERVICES INCL.: SHOPPING FOR FOOD, HEALTH RELATED APOINTMENTS, AND WALKING FOR EXERCISE.'' https://www.countyofnapa.org/DocumentCenter/View/16684/Shelter-at-Home-FAQ_ENGLISH AT THE LOCAL WALMART EARLIER TODAY TO PICK UP A PRESCRIPTION I NOTED ONE OF THE EMPLOYEES LAYING DOWN 6' BLUE TAPE LINES ON THE FLOOR SO PEOPLE WAITING AT THE CASHIER LINE COULD MAINTAIN 'A PROPER 'SOCIAL' DISTANCE'!
Quote:
THIS IS A LEGAL ORDER ISUED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLY,AND IT IS A MISDEAMENOR NOT TO FOLLOW THE ORDER PUNISHABLE BY FINE, IMPRISONMENT, OR BOTH...
SO FAR NO CASES OF COVID-19 ARE REPORTED IN NAPA... WELL, ACCORDING TO THIS, I'M OFF JURY (3/3/20) DUTY TILL MID APRIL... AS IT'S HARDLY AN 'ESSENTIAL SERVICE' IMHO

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-18-20 at 10:43 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 08:29 PM   #140
Buddahaid

Welcome to the club.

David Bowie
Old 08-15-20, 08:06 PM   #141
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Default Severe heat wave causes rolling blackouts, dangerous conditions across California

Quote:
What forecasters say is shaping up to be the worst heat wave in several years caused rolling blackouts https://www.latimes.com/california/s...utages-warning and is setting up dangerous conditions across California.
Quote:
The power crisis was caused in part by coronavirus restrictions, which have closed movie theaters, malls and other locations where people would typically gather to beat the heat. Concerns about outbreaks have kept many inside their homes with the air conditioning on.
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...t-wave-records

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...oss-california

Can we get a direct report ......

Marie Curie

Gerald is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-20, 08:41 PM   #142
Buddahaid

My power was off for about an hour at 7:00 PM.

David Bowie
Old 08-15-20, 08:51 PM   #143
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendor
Can we get a direct report ......
check my post 3278 in "What are you doing today" thread...I'm hoping my AC holds out. It got to 103 F. today; now down to 100 F. as I post. Fortunately, it's not a mandatory no burn 'spare the air day" so I'll BBQ some burgers in the cool evening at 90 F. to avoid overloading the rickety fusebox with oven cooking. My boat captain, two doors down, has a new solar Tesla solar-electric system. He sells power back to criminal entity PG&E but his 'new' inverter went out
after less than two years, so he's screwed too. 21st century technology sucks! so I'll hold off blowing $20 K on that contraption.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 08-15-20, 09:02 PM   #144
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
check my post 3278 in "What are you doing today" thread...I'm hoping my AC holds out. It got to 103 F. today; now down to 100 F. as I post. Fortunately, it's not a mandatory no burn 'spare the air day" so I'll BBQ some burgers in the cool evening at 90 F. to avoid overloading the rickety fusebox with oven cooking. My boat captain, two doors down, has a new solar Tesla solar-electric system. He sells power back to criminal entity PG&E but his 'new' inverter went out
after less than two years, so he's screwed too. 21st century technology sucks! so I'll hold off blowing $20 K on that contraption.
It feels like you are having a wonderful time. I hope it returns to a more normal state for you in CA.

Marie Curie

Old 08-15-20, 09:20 PM   #145
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Well: next to the (2)quakes and the inferno fires getting 8000 feet from my house two years back...this is the 'lesser of two weevils" meeting: 'What a fascination modern age I live in": murderous PG&E vs failed Tesla Solar.... Throw in Covid and global warming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vendor
normal state for you in CA.
CA has never been a 'normal state'
EDIT: we're making progress: it's now 102F. and dropping?

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-15-20 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-15-20, 09:34 PM   #146
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Well: next to the (2)quakes and the inferno fires getting 8000 feet from my house two years back...this is the 'lesser of two weevils" meeting: 'What a fascination modern age I live in": murderous PG&E vs failed Tesla Solar.... Throw in Covid and global warming.... CA has never been a 'normal state'
That is a completely different question!!! Ya see it's getting better...

Marie Curie

Old 08-15-20, 09:46 PM   #147
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Here in NW Indiana, we haven't had terribly hot heat. For the past few days it has been in the late 80s and humid, we sweat our pants off at baseball practice and take ice cold baths back home.
Only on Fridays baseball practice was there any improvement. We finally had a light breeze, the temperatures and the humidity stayed the same tho. That slight breeze felt like the world to our team.

NW Indiana is known for having brutally hot summers and terrible winters. We get a mix of everything here.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-20, 10:14 PM   #148
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Good to hear! That there is an acceptable situation.

Marie Curie

Old 08-16-20, 12:23 AM   #149
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Nothing but cold and rain with gale force winds down here for the last few weeks!! Atleast summer is on its way.
Sweaty scorching heat and flies, hmm maybe I'll rethink that!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 04:00 AM   #150
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendor View Post
That is a completely different question!!! Ya see it's getting better...
YA think! this just came up on my Email:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaCounty OES
The National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning, which is in effect from 11:00 PM this evening (Saturday 8/15) to 11:00 AM tomorrow morning (Sunday 8/16).

A moist and unstable air mass is forecast to spread across Northern California late tonight and Sunday, bringing thunderstorms and lightning. Storms are expected to be fast-moving, resulting in low precipitation totals. Dry humidity values and fuels will favor fire starts from lightning strikes.

A Red Flag Warning means that weather conditions are occurring or will occur that can contribute to extreme fire behavior. Any fires that develop have potential to spread rapidly. Please remain vigilant and alert
So here I am at 0200 hours... being vigilant and alert!

Tags
california, wild fires