SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-04-17, 09:11 PM   #1
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 1
Default NORTH ATLANTIC 2004 Campaign

I have added a new 2004 North Atlantic Campaign to the COLD WATERS Gameplay Mod area. The MOD includes the LA Flt II, LA Flt III, and Seawolf Classes as playable Subs. I used Smokeykane's "Quick and Dirty 688(i)" technique to change the Fairwater Planes to Bow Planes in the MOD for the Flt III and Seawolf.

Jive Turkey started a Live Steam of the 2004 Campaign this morning:

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the "Flying Sub" phenomenon that JT encounters at the end of the video? Either in the Vanilla Game or in MODS?

I haven't been able to duplicate it...

LTJG Beam

Last edited by LTJGBeam; 07-04-17 at 09:20 PM.
LTJGBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-17, 09:15 PM   #2
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Here are a couple of screen shots:

Los Angeles Flt III with custom Damage Control Tab:

Seawolf with custom Damage Control Tab:

LTJG Beam
Old 07-05-17, 04:35 PM   #3
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Good work LTJGBeam - I am enjoying the heck out of this so far

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 10:22 AM   #4
Cold Waters
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4

Thanks for this Campaign, really enjoying it. Great campaigns like this will keep me playing well into the future.
Cold Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 12:35 PM   #5
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Glad to hear it. I am still working on improving it, and am thankful for the input. Let me know of any bugs you encounter, and any wishlist items you may have.

I know a Russian Campaign in 2004 is a big wish list item, but I want to polish this on first. Then I will look at a Russian Campaign.

LTJG Beam
Old 07-06-17, 01:11 PM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Cold Waters!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 02:18 PM   #7
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

Read the following in the 1.05b patchnote:

"Number of functional torpedo tubes no longer limited to 6"

Does that mean we'll see 8 tubes in the Seawolf
Wiz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-17, 08:36 PM   #8
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
Read the following in the 1.05b patchnote:

"Number of functional torpedo tubes no longer limited to 6"

Does that mean we'll see 8 tubes in the Seawolf
Thanks to Wiz33 for bringing this to my attention:

That means I've added Tubes 7 & 8 to the Seawolf for the 2004 Campaign and have uploaded the newest update to the 2004 Campaign MOD.

I also am using this update to improve the "look" of the Seawolf in the MOD.

Seawolf has a Sail forward and stubbier appearance as she is wider than the LA and shorter as well. Because of this I've changed to using the Narwhal as the base model since it has a Sail Forward design too. I also turned off the TB-16 Towed Array/support tube graphic and the WLR-9 on the model to gice her cleaner lines. Let me know what you think.

I've also squashed a few bugs that Jive Turkey has hit in his live streams (I think.) Files should now be completely in sync with 1.05b. I believe the "Flying Dutchman" Ship was caused because my campaign was written during the 1.03 - 1.04 time frame and a couple of files were out of sync. I have not been able to replicate the Flying Sub.

Weapons.txt being synced to 1.05b for example seems to have resolved a couple of glitches I had noticed. An example is you should no longer see a black screen behind the Kotlin Class in the Unit Reference. Syncing weapons.txt to 1.05b resolved that issue.

NOTE: IF YOU LOAD THIS CAMPAIGN MOD UPDATE AND ARE ALREADY PARTWAY THROUGH A CAMPAIGN, YOU WILL NEED TO START A NEW CAMPAIGN AND OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING CAMPAIGN. IF YOU TRY TO LOAD USING A CAMPAIGN FROM THE OLDER VERSION, IT WILL FREEZE THE GAME. I HAVE VERIFIED THIS. SO YOU MAY WANT TO FINISH YOUR CURRENT PLAY-THRU IF YOU ARE REALLY FAR ALONG.

Here's an image of the new Seawolf:

LTJG Beam

Last edited by LTJGBeam; 07-07-17 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-07-17, 04:17 PM   #9
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Thanks for the report on the reload display issue. I can verify that on my PC as well. I am not sure if that is something I can fix, or if KILLERFISH will need to correct it. I can fire all 8 tubes and reload all 8 tubes but tubes 7 & 8 do NOT display the selected weapon when you are selecting what to reload. The game does do the reload animation sequence and display the loaded weapon when the reload animation completes.

Since there are no relooad parms in the .TXT files, we may need to wait for KILLERFISH to correct this. I will do what I can in the meantime. For now I will leave the tube 7/8 active in the MOD.

Thanks again for the reports.

LTJG Beam
Old 07-08-17, 06:51 AM   #10
Galaxy_Canon
Nub

Downloads: 6

What is the download link? Also, is this compatible with the playable russian subs mode?

Last edited by Galaxy_Canon; 07-08-17 at 01:07 PM.
Galaxy_Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 01:10 PM   #11
Galaxy_Canon
Nub

Downloads: 6
Default balancing your subs

One thing I don't know if you're aware of, is when editing the sensors or noise levels of the subs, every 10 is twice as loud is how the game is modeled. In real life, every 10db is 2x as loud to the human ear but every 3db carries twice the amount of acoustic energy.
Galaxy_Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-17, 06:03 AM   #12
Flashblade
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3
Exclamation

Also got the problem of tube 7 and 8 not reloading correctly. Only it seems to be worse since sometimes the tube doesn't seem to reload at all. I get a message the reload is complete but no weapon is shown in the tube. After that some weapon may appear all of a sudden. Selecting weapons on those tubes and then using them is almost impossible unfortunately.

Also got a TLAM mission and although I struck the target zone with 10/8 missiles it got reported as a failure. The debrief showed variable names instead of the actual information you would expect to see like how many weapons are left, so it seems this is bugged as well.

This is very enjoyable, keep improving this please
Flashblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 02:56 PM   #13
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Mod Update # 3:
Land War updated to match the Campaign Backstory. Extensive changes to the Campaign Map. All mission orders/events should now refer to Russia/Russian Federation instead of Soviets/Warsaw Pact. Adjusted some mission's number of enemy vessels since there are more capable units in 2004. Still issues with the Tube 7&8 reloads, but we will have to wait for Killerfish Games to address that. I left Tubes 7&8 active on SSN-21.

This Campaign is now relatively finished. I will attempt to address any issues reported, and I will keep it in sync with any patches released. Next up, I'm going to attempt a full blown 2004 Russian Campaign using the knowledge I've gained creating this. It may take a while though...

Keep the bug reports coming. I may have missed a few references, somewhere.

Thanks for all the support.

LTJG Beam

Last edited by LTJGBeam; 07-14-17 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-14-17, 03:03 PM   #14
LTJGBeam
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashblade View Post
Also got the problem of tube 7 and 8 not reloading correctly. Only it seems to be worse since sometimes the tube doesn't seem to reload at all. I get a message the reload is complete but no weapon is shown in the tube. After that some weapon may appear all of a sudden. Selecting weapons on those tubes and then using them is almost impossible unfortunately.

Also got a TLAM mission and although I struck the target zone with 10/8 missiles it got reported as a failure. The debrief showed variable names instead of the actual information you would expect to see like how many weapons are left, so it seems this is bugged as well.

This is very enjoyable, keep improving this please
Killerfish has reported the official fix for the TLAM and SEAL Insertion mission glitch will be live with Patch 1.06. I think I will wait until the official fix is in, rather than put in the temp fix, and then have to possibly update again when Killerfish's patch comes out.

As KFG said, "Special thanks to Brygun for his tireless testing and feedback which helped identify the underlying problem."

LTJG Beam
Old 07-14-17, 08:22 PM   #15
Paul_Jay1
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTJGBeam View Post
I have added a new 2004 North Atlantic Campaign to the COLD WATERS Gameplay Mod area. The MOD includes the LA Flt II, LA Flt III, and Seawolf Classes as playable Subs. I used Smokeykane's "Quick and Dirty 688(i)" technique to change the Fairwater Planes to Bow Planes in the MOD for the Flt III and Seawolf.
Has the 2004 Campaign been removed from Mod Area Download? As I can't seem to find it now