SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-19, 10:00 PM   #8446
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The mod also has it to where your submarine is visible beneath the surface, sometimes down to 120 feet, if the sea is calm and smooth. I have done extensive tests (previously - v76??) with calm, medium and rough seas. They do have to fly relatively close to your location, though that's kind of hard to determine. Depending upon the angle of the over-flight, they might see my boat with smooth seas, and the airplane would drop bombs, with my boat at 110-120 feet, though they usually were not close to hitting me. Come up to about the 80-90 level though, and they were quite close. At PD, they would get me about 1/2 the time. Make those seas "medium", and they wouldn't see me at 110-120, and at the 80-90 level they would seldom get me, while being at PD, they would get the boat about 1/4 of the time. Rough seas, and they usually didn't see my boat at all, even at PD, but they did occasionally and then drop bombs. I did have the benefit of "recording" (Save with Replay) the scenario, and going back reviewing from multiple angles (if desired), and at times, it was rather comical to see the airplanes twist and dive to drop their bombs, only not able to fully recover, "stall" and then crash into the sea, the one time missing me with their bomb drop, but getting me with their plane crash...

So if you spend much time at PD, especially with smooth seas, you don't even have to stick your periscope up to get bombed and sunk. This is also a "feature" of TMO, and was carried over from there to FOTRS by AOTD_MadMax. FotRSU has kept it...

I can be surfaced and they will fly 700 yards from me and ignore me even after I shoot at them. I pretty much ignore the planes now unless its a Betty.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-19, 10:03 PM   #8447
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonicus View Post
Also the diving and surfacing interior sound with clackxon will ONLY play once and never again.
I'd pay to have that LOL The Klaxon is way to loud for my taste. What is the name of that horrible file anyway?

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 08-11-19, 03:48 PM   #8448
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

I had another Odd transfer mission. I transferred from Midway to Brisbane and the first mission was to Honshu. Seemed a bit out of the way just like when I transferred from Fremantle to Midway and they gave me Siam. Seems every transfer gives you with a mission from your last home port on your first departure.

I would also report that I have left submerging around planes. It doesn't matter weather it is a Nakajima or Zeke they all leave me alone even if I fire at the from 500 yards away. The only air craft that bothers me is the Betty. Is this perhaps a bug from the Aircraft torpedo refit and detection adjustments? So far the Betty is the only one I have seen with fish and she always throws them my way. This time I got bored and sat still just to see how much damage it would do.

One Betty fish did 87% hull damage. I let her come around and she actually finished me off with her guns while I blasted away with the 20 mike mike and never even got close to hitting it at 500 yards.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 08-11-19, 03:57 PM   #8449
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If I get a chance later merc4ulfate, I'll build an mp4 video, with airplanes, and see what they're doing under varying circumstances. When I did a quick round the other day, If I was between the sun and a plane at certain angles, they seemed to not see me. But if the plane was between me and the sun, they saw me almost every time. I know there hasn't been a lot of traffic around here lately, but only one other player has reported some issue with the planes. Everybody else though, is probably still avoiding them... - but keeping my tootsie's crossed that finalizing these files for the next release goes OK, and we hand-off another update to RR tonight or tomorrow.

As for the dive klaxxon, it is in "Submarine_DiveAlarm_INT.wav", but I'm curious if your getting that sound every time you dive, or only the first dive? - of a gaming session?... thanks.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 04:41 PM   #8450
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
If I get a chance later merc4ulfate, I'll build an mp4 video, with airplanes, and see what they're doing under varying circumstances. When I did a quick round the other day, If I was between the sun and a plane at certain angles, they seemed to not see me. But if the plane was between me and the sun, they saw me almost every time. I know there hasn't been a lot of traffic around here lately, but only one other player has reported some issue with the planes. Everybody else though, is probably still avoiding them... - but keeping my tootsie's crossed that finalizing these files for the next release goes OK, and we hand-off another update to RR tonight or tomorrow.

As for the dive klaxxon, it is in "Submarine_DiveAlarm_INT.wav", but I'm curious if your getting that sound every time you dive, or only the first dive? - of a gaming session?... thanks.
Sound is every time.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 08-11-19, 08:11 PM   #8451
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:

Well make it 2. At first I was avoiding the aircraft until I accidentally forgot to dive when 2 Zeros approached. But, they passed within visual range as was reported by my lookouts but then continued on as if they didn’t see me. Since I had a recent save point, I decided not to dive when they returned. Same result, they just moved on. But when a Betty closed later on I went to radar depth, but the Betty saw me and made a run, dropping ordinance, but missed. This was in 1942, NW of Manila on a mission from Fremantle in a Sargo.
Old 08-11-19, 08:39 PM   #8452
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Sound is every time.
Well-elll... that's different... You're in the Tambor still? Did you have it every time in the Sargo? Did you happen to change the 3D Channels in the Sound Settings page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Well make it 2. At first I was avoiding the aircraft until I accidentally forgot to dive when 2 Zeros approached. But, they passed within visual range as was reported by my lookouts but then continued on as if they didn’t see me. Since I had a recent save point, I decided not to dive when they returned. Same result, they just moved on. But when a Betty closed later on I went to radar depth, but the Betty saw me and made a run, dropping ordinance, but missed. This was in 1942, NW of Manila on a mission from Fremantle in a Sargo.
You make three... I did me an old-man nap this afternoon, so haven't had a chance to do much of anything, and now I'm tired and and headed for old-man bed... - I don't want to make every other plane a Betty so you get attacked at least twice a day... - maybe the planes themselves are wonkie, since the Betty seem OK? I'll also try the US planes, and see if they'll attack an IJN surface ship...

Edit: This might take longer than anticipated... I just did a mini-mission with four Japanese planes and my Tambor boat sitting with four US ships nearby. There was a Kyushu Q1W "Lorna" that shows first coming south, and it attacked the lead ship up north, putting a bomb on it, no AA guns for its defense. Then it came for the 2nd ship in line, which has AA guns, so it did one quick attempt at a run but was scared off by the AA (at least, I imagined that ), then saw my sub and came at me. CTD just as it got in gun range. Now, the next plane to show was supposed to be a Kawanishi H8K "Emily", followed a few minutes later by an Aichi E13A "Jake", and then a Mitsubishi Zero A6M2 "Zeke". Camera was rolling, and about the time the Emily should be coming in to view, was when we went dark... more investigating needed. It might have been my computer having been on the last three days, mods in and mods out while I'm finishing up things, could have been the Lorna's guns, could have been the Emily, but... I'll try it again tomorrow evening. The Lorna does attack though...

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-11-19 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-12-19, 07:58 AM   #8453
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Well-elll... that's different... You're in the Tambor still? Did you have it every time in the Sargo? Did you happen to change the 3D Channels in the Sound Settings page?

You make three... I did me an old-man nap this afternoon, so haven't had a chance to do much of anything, and now I'm tired and and headed for old-man bed... - I don't want to make every other plane a Betty so you get attacked at least twice a day... - maybe the planes themselves are wonkie, since the Betty seem OK? I'll also try the US planes, and see if they'll attack an IJN surface ship...

Edit: This might take longer than anticipated... I just did a mini-mission with four Japanese planes and my Tambor boat sitting with four US ships nearby. There was a Kyushu Q1W "Lorna" that shows first coming south, and it attacked the lead ship up north, putting a bomb on it, no AA guns for its defense. Then it came for the 2nd ship in line, which has AA guns, so it did one quick attempt at a run but was scared off by the AA (at least, I imagined that ), then saw my sub and came at me. CTD just as it got in gun range. Now, the next plane to show was supposed to be a Kawanishi H8K "Emily", followed a few minutes later by an Aichi E13A "Jake", and then a Mitsubishi Zero A6M2 "Zeke". Camera was rolling, and about the time the Emily should be coming in to view, was when we went dark... more investigating needed. It might have been my computer having been on the last three days, mods in and mods out while I'm finishing up things, could have been the Lorna's guns, could have been the Emily, but... I'll try it again tomorrow evening. The Lorna does attack though...
Yes I am still in the Tambor and now the broken dive plane issue is back? It haunts me.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 08-12-19, 03:16 PM   #8454
propbeanie

s7rikeback is working one aspect and set of files, I'm working another, because we've either got something amiss in the Tambor, or something in one of the airplanes... More news later, after we've found the issue(s)...

Edit: OK, problem found with this round. It is NOT the mod, it is the SingleMission used and the surrounding files. In the experimenting, I have found that a surface AI Fleetboat will turn tail and run if the player's boat stays on the surface. If I submerge, the AI boat is a rabid dog, and attacks with a vengeance... Airplanes thus far have been fine. It is a bit difficult to do more than a few missions a day, when I get bombed, hit and sunk so often... I'm also trying to determine detection range - of the enemy seeing me. We'll find the ones that need help though merc4ulfate, once we get past the modder than needs help... - flying flacid fingers of fickleness...

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-12-19 at 09:00 PM. Reason: :Hmmm:
Old 08-13-19, 06:02 PM   #8455
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
s7rikeback is working one aspect and set of files, I'm working another, because we've either got something amiss in the Tambor, or something in one of the airplanes... More news later, after we've found the issue(s)...

Edit: OK, problem found with this round. It is NOT the mod, it is the SingleMission used and the surrounding files. In the experimenting, I have found that a surface AI Fleetboat will turn tail and run if the player's boat stays on the surface. If I submerge, the AI boat is a rabid dog, and attacks with a vengeance... Airplanes thus far have been fine. It is a bit difficult to do more than a few missions a day, when I get bombed, hit and sunk so often... I'm also trying to determine detection range - of the enemy seeing me. We'll find the ones that need help though merc4ulfate, once we get past the modder than needs help... - flying flacid fingers of fickleness...
Don't count your chickens just yet PB, it seems we have other issues unreported thus far...

Unless I have the mod soup!!! Have you checked my last findings with your new install ?
Old 08-13-19, 08:01 PM   #8456
propbeanie

Round One (the CTDs) was definitely my computer - but that's not to say this is over. I keep running into real life issues that take me away from this important work... - sorry, just had to pick myself up off the floor - "important"...

Old 08-13-19, 08:32 PM   #8457
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
sorry, just had to pick myself up off the floor - "important"...
Rum is like that.

Saw an Emily today ... wouldn't attack me. Mitsubishi "Zeke" nor Zero "Zeke" not Naka Jima will attack me. Betty loves me so much. Everyone does a fly by and waves ... Betty tries to steal my lunch.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 08-14-19, 01:07 PM   #8458
propbeanie

Rum is too sweet for me bones, merc4ulfate. If I was still a drinking man, it would be Scotch Whiskey. Maybe Irish Whiskey that disappears as it goes down... Ah yesh - but too expensive...

OK, s7rikeback has found an issue, done some edits, and we are both doing testing to make certain we have desired behavior. We don't want to go from them not seeing you at 700 yards on the surface at 10 knots, to them bombing you while cruising at 160 foot depth, when the airplane was 12,500 yards away and saw your boat...

In the meantime, for those departing Manila on their first missions, do you guys think this would suffice as a message? You still have your orders summary - in this case "Patrol Masbate Area for ten (10) days", and this:

Departure time 0800 hours, message four minutes later.

In the meantime, this group is departing ahead of me, headed for quieter waters:

Convoy headed for Verde Island Passage.

While looking at the NavMap, there is a "Task Force" reported behind me:

Two Panay River Boats patrolling the harbor.

Several weeks later, one would be sunk, while the other was scuttled several weeks after that. The Japanese refloated and repaired it, then put it in service again...

Old 08-14-19, 06:30 PM   #8459
zeus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 953

is there going to be a new version soon?

I planned to start a campaign now with the current version.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-19, 07:03 PM   #8460
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

[QUOTE=propbeanie;2622719]
[QUOTE=propbeanie;2622794]Rum is too sweet for me bones, merc4ulfate. If I was still a drinking man, it would be Scotch Whiskey. Maybe Irish Whiskey that disappears as it goes down... Ah yesh - but too expensive...

Scotch Whisky with an "E" ... is not Scotch LOL.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍