Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-16-24, 01:31 AM   #1
murkz
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default A complete, translated mission editor guide!

Well 2024 certainly helps when it comes to a manual written in Russian. I was able to get all the text translated via chatgpt and then after much faffing about got all the images and text in the correct order.

Chatgpt will let me upload a pdf in Russian and read it in english but will not translate it, you have to cut and paste every paragraph individually.

So here it is for anyone that might want to create missions for T34 vs Tiger in 2024... if only!

T34 vs Tiger Mission Editor manual English

Old 02-16-24, 02:37 PM   #2
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

How is this tank simulation (or game) in terms of the ability to create new terrains or script good missions involving not only tanks but other supporting forces like infantry etc?

I have this game on my HD somewhere, but in comparison to Graviteam's Steel Fury 1942 it comes out a little of lighter caliber and style.

Still, "one should not judge a good book by the cover alone".
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-24, 03:57 PM   #3
murkz
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

There is a full mission editor which has the ability to create terrains. NSU did it for the mmp mod and from what I can remember he said it was not the easiest task.

As for missions we (mmp) concentrated on mp so missions was not really our thing. ZeeWolf was the sp guy and his mod has a lot more sp missions.

From reading the translated guide you can edit the missions in the editor on the fly!

As for the comparison to Steel Fury, there is a lot more in that game but this has it's merrits

Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942 focuses on the Eastern Front of World War II, particularly around the Kharkov region. It is known for its detailed tank models, realistic physics, and the ability to participate in various roles within the tank crew. The game offers a range of missions and emphasizes historical accuracy in terms of vehicles, weaponry, and battle scenarios. Its modding community has also expanded its replay value through various mods that add new content and improve gameplay.

T-34 vs. Tiger, on the other hand, narrows its focus to the iconic clash between German and Soviet forces, specifically highlighting the T-34 and Tiger tanks. This game is appreciated the realistic portrayal of tank operations. The control system is designed to replicate the complexity of real tank maneuvering, providing a deep simulation experience. However, compared to Steel Fury, it has a more limited scope in terms of playable tanks and missions.
murkz is offline   Reply With Quote