Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-11-20, 12:00 PM   #1
CombatFlapjack
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Little problem with major impact

Hello Kaleuns

How did it happen for me to be here 6 years and be inactive on the forums is one of life's great mysteries. I guess for the most part I can find the solution without asking for help.

Well, not this time, no.

Got SH5 from Steam. I went through hell just to get it running without crashing on SETTINGS tab, got it to work, ran tutorial mission, saved the game, left to system, relaunched with no problems. I figured now is the time for TWoS.

Downloaded the files, read instructions, did everything right - game runs, mission starts. Crew at 100 morale, first mission in Poland's Baltic area, targets detected, distance ( tested few times ) literally down to 50m - cannot lock the target. There is no lock target button. At all.

Went to TDC tutorial as provided by TWoS. When it tells to "turn the TDC on", orange frame - flashing - goes down to the right bottom section of attack scope. There is no button there to click...

What went wrong? Did you experience something similar? Can anyone help the lurking sailor?

Many thanks in advance, sorry if this was already covered, I cannot find sufficient info on this anywhere.

CF, out.
CombatFlapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 12:26 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

CombatFlapjack! the WWII German airmen ate combatflapjacks, a good breakfast being essential to a good Blitz...they called them Luftwaffles

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 01:05 PM   #3
CombatFlapjack
Swabbie

Default Inventor

Old 07-12-20, 02:35 AM   #4
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatFlapjack View Post
Hello Kaleuns

How did it happen for me to be here 6 years and be inactive on the forums is one of life's great mysteries. I guess for the most part I can find the solution without asking for help.

Well, not this time, no.

Got SH5 from Steam. I went through hell just to get it running without crashing on SETTINGS tab, got it to work, ran tutorial mission, saved the game, left to system, relaunched with no problems. I figured now is the time for TWoS.

Downloaded the files, read instructions, did everything right - game runs, mission starts. Crew at 100 morale, first mission in Poland's Baltic area, targets detected, distance ( tested few times ) literally down to 50m - cannot lock the target. There is no lock target button. At all.

Went to TDC tutorial as provided by TWoS. When it tells to "turn the TDC on", orange frame - flashing - goes down to the right bottom section of attack scope. There is no button there to click...

What went wrong? Did you experience something similar? Can anyone help the lurking sailor?

Many thanks in advance, sorry if this was already covered, I cannot find sufficient info on this anywhere.

CF, out.
Hi CombatFlapjack,
Those scripted tutorials are created long before TWoS so certain oddities are quite possible.
It's better to watch few video tutorials for TWoS, you'll find plenty of them on youtube. Maybe someone will jump in here with few useful links as well... Happy hunting!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 03:50 AM   #5
CombatFlapjack
Swabbie

Default it's not about the tutorial though

Well no "lock" button is visible through attack periscope. Cannot kill as cannot lock on targets...
Old 07-12-20, 04:03 AM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatFlapjack View Post
Well no "lock" button is visible through attack periscope. Cannot kill as cannot lock on targets...
"Space" - mark target
"X" - lock/follow target
"F1" - keyboard commands/help

Check some included documentations as well...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 08:35 AM   #7
skin-nl
KapitainLeutnant

Downloads: 244

You need to activate the hide lock/break lock button.