SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-20, 12:33 PM   #1
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
wolf_howl15 New ships, guns that I am current working on...

Hi, guys, I left SH3 MOD work since maybe 2014 or earlier, then I worked on Men of War MOD for these years.

Anyway, I am back now, because I suddenly strongly want to play SH3, therefore I start SH3 mod work again.

I am current working on updata my old warship mod, and import new ships from WOWS, and making new guns for player's U-Boat, 3 jobs together.

1, new guns for player's U-Boat,
Gerät58 55mm x2 flak gun and MK103 30mm x4 flak gun:

2, updata my old warship mod:
now all the guns are upgrade able, for example, German warships can change guns between 150mm x1 (anti ship able only) / 127mm x1 (both AA and AS able) / 105mm x2 (both AA and AS able), as seen in pictures below:

Out bridge and inner bridge, as seen in the pictures below. You can change your bridge's position by click on the bridge hatch.

A overwatch position (press "A" to it) to lookaround the whole ship from the highest spot of the ship:

All the guns (not just 3 or 4 guns) of the ship is controlable, for example, you press "F10", you are controling the fore turret, press "F10" again, you will go to the rear turret, keep press "F10", you will visit the 2 280mm x3 turret (fore and rear), 2 150mm x1 turret (port and starboard) and 1 105mm x2 turret (rear), 5 guns in total. By "A"+"F11", "T"+"F11", "F"+"F11", you will be abale to visit the rest guns. This system is made by my friend "backer", a great program engineer.

3, Russian cruiser Bogatyr from WOWS, WIP. it will become a player controlable ship later. In fact I like these old 1900s cruisers much much more than WWII ones.

the Bogatyr now has all guns and boats fitted, I think I can finish all the sim and zon work tonight.

older pictures of the ship:

Last edited by Chinese U-47; 09-03-20 at 11:56 PM.
Chinese U-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 02:37 PM   #2
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

Looking good. Can not wait to see the finished models.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 02:46 PM   #3
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

WOW!!!!

Those guns on the sub look really fantastic!!!
I hope I can have them on a IXB sub using the VII/4 turm!!!

CapZap
Old 09-01-20, 05:18 PM   #4
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Dang those are amazing!

I'm head over eels with those guns

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 03:50 AM   #5
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

The legend came back!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would be awesome to get World of Warship Bismarck model into the game. Or destroyers?

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 07:51 AM   #6
itadriver
Commander

Downloads: 221

@Chinese U-47
I cant' write PM or visit personal pages. I dont know why. I sent an email to....subsim@subsim.com but no answer...
What I would like to tell you is that I'm near to complete a new warship mod and I would like to send you the beta version. Are you interested?
Thanks
itadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 08:47 AM   #7
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
Looking good. Can not wait to see the finished models.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapZap1970 View Post
WOW!!!!

Those guns on the sub look really fantastic!!!
I hope I can have them on a IXB sub using the VII/4 turm!!!

CapZap

I tried to give IX boat the VII/4 tower before, but in the test, I found 2 problems:
1, the tower's texture doesn't fit the IX hull. This can be fixed if needed.

2, what is even worse, is after I load the save, the F7 menu came back to a IX/3 (or maybe VII/3) state (the 3d model is still VII/4), meaning there is a deck gun postion (though there is no deckgun on th model), and there are only 4 seats for the flak guns, so not every flak gun is workable.

Therefore, I turned to another option, give IX boat more flak postion on the hull (not the tower):

(the deck gun in the screenshots is German 150mm gun, it havn't been complete finished yet)
I will make a new MK103 30mm x1 to replacement the 20mm x1/x2s later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Dang those are amazing!

I'm head over eels with those guns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
The legend came back!!!!!!!!!!!!
Would be awesome to get World of Warship Bismarck model into the game. Or destroyers?

I am current importing the Russian old cruiser Bogatyr into SH3 these days (havn't been complete finished yet), as the screenshots showed before. About the Bismarck, I am planing to use some of WOWS's parts to imporve it, but not the whole ship, because the WOWS model (specially large warships) is still a little overweight to SH3, I have to cut a lot of things and the texture so it can be acceptable for SH3, but after all these cutting works, it's no longer better than SH3 mods' Bismarck (not the original one of the game, but the re-modeled Bismarck used by a lot of SH3 mods).
Aside from the cruiser Bogatyr, I am also to planing to import the WOWS IXC/40 boat (it has a nice historical hull not seen in any SH3 mods) and a French cruiser (because there is not French cruiser in any SH3 mods else, so at least let's give them one cruiser to use. But which one exactly ? I am not so good at French navy history, so I don't know yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itadriver View Post
@Chinese U-47
I cant' write PM or visit personal pages. I dont know why. I sent an email to....subsim@subsim.com but no answer...
What I would like to tell you is that I'm near to complete a new warship mod and I would like to send you the beta version. Are you interested?
Thanks
1st, are you a Chinese ?
2nd, that's because my PM box is full, so I just deleted all old messages.
Old 09-02-20, 09:36 AM   #8
itadriver
Commander

No, i' m not chinese ( i dont know why that avatar).
You know me as Littorio in your chinese forum where you sent me your preciuos tutorials. Do you remember? Three years ago... or more 😁
The problem is not your message box. It's something related to my account.
Old 09-02-20, 09:45 AM   #9
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Quote:
No, i' m not chinese ( i dont know why that avatar).
You know me as Littorio in your chinese forum where you sent me your preciuos tutorials. Do you remember? Three years ago... or more ��
The problem is not your message box. It's something related to my account.

Yes, I remember that.

But my form is closed now because I don't have time to fight countless advert bots......I tried everyway, but they just keep came and swamped my form......
It's good to see you are still working on SH3 mod, what ship this time ?
BTW, I am updating my warship mod, so there will be new functions and stands, etc.
Old 09-02-20, 10:05 AM   #10
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese U-47 View Post
2, what is even worse, is after I load the save, the F7 menu came back to a IX/3 (or maybe VII/3) state (the 3d model is still VII/4), meaning there is a deck gun postion (though there is no deckgun on th model), and there are only 4 seats for the flak guns, so not every flak gun is workable.
Take a look Seawolf u57 Gunsub v3 mod

http://shmf.larsbundgaard.dk/index.p...sg4145#msg4145
You need to edit your conning_barracks_8.cfg and possibly other settings NSS_Uboat9c.eqp

Last edited by Anvar1061; 09-02-20 at 10:14 AM.
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 10:08 AM   #11
itadriver
Commander

I have a mod almost ready to give you (surface mod), but I can not contact you in pm. try to write me so I can see if I can answer you and send you the link.
Old 09-02-20, 10:17 AM   #12
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Take a look Seawolf u57 Gunsub v3 mod

http://shmf.larsbundgaard.dk/index.p...sg4145#msg4145
You need to edit your conning_barracks_8.cfg and possibly other settings NSS_Uboat9c.eqp

Got it, I will have a try on this mod after I finished the Russian curiser.
Thank you very much, maybe you just helped me solved this old question.
Old 09-02-20, 10:22 AM   #13
Chinese U-47
Ensign

Quote:
I have a mod almost ready to give you (surface mod), but I can not contact you in pm. try to write me so I can see if I can answer you and send you the link.

Just tried, and the subsim system showed me this:
"itadriver has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."
Old 09-02-20, 02:01 PM   #14
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinese U-47 View Post
Thank you.

I tried to give IX boat the VII/4 tower before, but in the test, I found 2 problems:
1, the tower's texture doesn't fit the IX hull. This can be fixed if needed.

Therefore, I turned to another option, give IX boat more flak postion on the hull (not the tower):

(the deck gun in the screenshots is German 150mm gun, it havn't been complete finished yet)
I will make a new MK103 30mm x1 to replacement the 20mm x1/x2s later.

I am current importing the Russian old cruiser Bogatyr into SH3 these days (havn't been complete finished yet), as the screenshots showed before. About the Bismarck, I am planing to use some of WOWS's parts to imporve it, but not the whole ship, because the WOWS model (specially large warships) is still a little overweight to SH3, I have to cut a lot of things and the texture so it can be acceptable for SH3, but after all these cutting works, it's no longer better than SH3 mods' Bismarck (not the original one of the game, but the re-modeled Bismarck used by a lot of SH3 mods).
Aside from the cruiser Bogatyr, I am also to planing to import the WOWS IXC/40 boat (it has a nice historical hull not seen in any SH3 mods) and a French cruiser (because there is not French cruiser in any SH3 mods else, so at least let's give them one cruiser to use. But which one exactly ? I am not so good at French navy history, so I don't know yet).

1st, are you a Chinese ?
2nd, that's because my PM box is full, so I just deleted all old messages.

Chinese U-47, Just to add a little hint... I am using the Von Keldung - IXB Gun Ship that enables the VII/4 conning for the IXB sub. I just adapted my basic.cfg file according to the file enclosed in the mod, and voilá... it works fine. The only thing is that you muststart a career with the mod in order to have it working. Perhaps it would be a good idea to take a look into that mod, but probably you already did and I am not bringing anything new...

CapZap
Old 09-02-20, 05:03 PM   #15
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

Fantastic work, I love it!

Is that cruiser player drivable, I hope so I like the look of that very much?

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote