Old 08-30-20, 03:14 PM   #1
Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
gear Dangerous Waters Mod Launcher

English :
Hello dear people ...

Today I would like to introduce you to a small program that arose from the fact that it was never really possible to run Dangerous Waters in multiple directories on one computer. It was never possible to run Dangerous Waters in 2, 3 or 4 directories with different mods or in different languages. This changes with this program. Simply copy the Dangerous Waters Launcher into one of your Dangerous Waters directories and start the "Launcher" in administrator mode. This is of crucial importance because otherwise the important modifications cannot be made.

Example:

You copy Dangerous Waters 3 times to the hard drive,
no reinstallation just copy the directory 3 times that is enough.

Examples:

C:\Dangerous Waters 01 - with Mod 1
C:\Dangerous Waters 02 - with Mod 2
C:\Dangerous Waters 03 - with Mod 3

Then the launcher always starts in the respective directory and follows the instructions on the screen.

The program recognizes whether you have an English, German or French version. This is then also on the monitor when you start it.

Now you just have to select the respective language and Dangerous Waters will be modified. Then you decide whether you want to start it in quick mode or in advanced mode.

Quick - (immediate start of dangerouswaters.exe)

Example: Advanced mode:

Normal mode: First the d3d8.dll is searched for. If this was found in your Dangerouswaters directory, dangerouswaters.exe will be executed. If the d3d8.dll was not found, you will get a message and you will be asked if you want to run Dangerous Waters without it.

DxWnd Extended Mode: First it is checked whether DxWnd is on the computer. If this is the case, a link is saved. It is also checked whether the d3d8.dll is in the Dangerous Waters directory. If the d3d8.dll should be in the Dangerous Waters directory, then it is automatically moved to a backup folder and DxWnd.exe is started. The problem is that it is not possible to run DxWnd with d3d8.dll at the same time. If you are of the opinion that you only want to start with the d3d8.dll, this is no problem. Simply start the extended mode, then select "normal" and the program will automatically move the d3d8.dll back to the Dangerous Waters folder and automatically start dangerouswaters.exe

Screen resolution:

1 = 800 x 600
2 = 1024 x 768
3 = 1280 x 1024
4 = 1600 x 1200

My program modifies dangerouswaters.ini and automatically sets the desired resolution. Then you will be asked if you want to start Dangerous Waters.

With the other menu items Backup dangerouswaters.ini and Backup Registry Database it is possible to create a backup of the last modification and to undo it if necessary.

With CMD Manuel Config you can manually change the window size X / Y of your launcher is just a little gimmick on my part.

I look forward to suggestions and further developments of my small batch program. The change and modification of my program is desirable.

With that in mind, have a good trip and don't dive too deep

I ask the admin to allow me to upload my batch (.bat)
With best regards, Xx.LOFDxBERLINxX

Your
XxLOFDxBERLINxX

German :
Hallo liebe Leute ...

Ich möchte euch heute ein kleines Programm vorstellen, welches aus der Tatsache heraus entstanden ist, das es nie so richtig möglich war Dangerous Waters in mehreren Verzeichnissen auf einem Computer zu betreiben. Es war auch nie möglich Dangerous Waters in 2, 3 oder 4 Verzeichnissen mit verschiedenen Mods oder in verschiedenen Sprachen zu betreiben. Dies ändert sich nun mit diesem Programm. Kopiert einfach den Dangerous Waters Launcher in eines von euren Dangerous Waters Verzeichnissen und startet den "Launcher" im Administrator Modus. Dies ist von entscheidener Bedeutung da sonst die so wichtigen Modifikation nicht vorgenommen werden können.

Beispiel :

Ihr kopiert Dangerous Waters 3 mal auf die Festplatte,
keine Neuinstallation nur Verzeichniss 3 mal kopieren das reicht.

Beispiele:

C:\Dangerous Waters 01 - mit Mod 1
C:\Dangerous Waters 02 - mit Mod 2
C:\Dangerous Waters 03 - mit Mod 3

Dann startet den Launcher immer in dem jeweiligen Verzeichniss und folgt den Anweisungen auf dem Bildschirm.

Das Programm erkennt ob ihr eine englische, deutsche oder französiche Version besitzt. Diese steht dann auch auf dem Monitor, wenn ihr es startet.

Nun müsst ihr nur noch die jeweilige Sprache auswählen und schon wird Dangerous Waters modifiziert. Danach entscheidet ihr euch ob ihr es im Quick Modus oder im erweiteren Modus starten möchtet.

Quick - ( sofortiger start der dangerouswaters.exe )

Erweiterter Modus :

Normal Mode: Erst wird nach der d3d8.dll gesucht. Wurde diese in euerem Dangerouswaters Verzeichniss gefunden, wird die dangerouswaters.exe ausgeführt. Wenn die d3d8.dll nicht gefunden wurde, bekommt ihr eine Meldung und es wird gefragt ob ihr Dangerous Waters ohne diese ausführen möchtet.

DxWnd Extended Modus: Erst wird geprüft ob sich DxWnd auf dem Computer befindet. Sollte dieses der Fall sein, wird eine Verknüpfung gespeichert. Desweiteren wird geprüft ob die d3d8.dll sich im Verzeichniss von Dangerous Waters befindet. Wenn sich die d3d8.dll im Dangerous Waters Verzeichniss befinden sollte, dann wird diese automatisch in einen Backup Ordner verschoben und DxWnd.exe wird gestartet. Das Problem ist, dass es nicht möglich ist DxWnd mit d3d8.dll gleichzeitig zu betreiben. Solltet ihr nun der Meinung sein ihr wollt nur mit der d3d8.dll starten ist das kein Problem. Einfach den erweiterten Modus starten, dann "normal" auswählen und das Programm verschiebt die d3d8.dll automatisch zurück in den Dangerous Waters Ordner und startet automatisch die dangerouswaters.exe

Screen resolution :

1 = 800 x 600
2 = 1024 x 768
3 = 1280 x 1024
4 = 1600 x 1200

Mein Programm modifiziert die dangerouswaters.ini und stellt automatisch die gewünschte Auflösung ein. Danach werdet ihr gefragt, ob ihr Dangerous Waters starten möchtet.

Mit den anderen Menüpunkten Backup dangerouswaters.ini, sowie Backup Registry Database ist es möglich von der letzten Modifikation eine Sicherung zu erstellen und diese bei Bedarf wieder rückgängig zu machen.

Mit CMD Manuel Config könnt ihr die Fenstergröße X / Y eueres Launchers manuell ändern ist nur eine kleine Spielerei meinerseits.

Ich freue mich über Anregungen und Weiterentwicklungen meines kleinen Batch Programmes. Das verändern und modefizieren meines Programmes ist erwünscht.

In diesem Sinne eine gute Reise und taucht nicht zu tief

Ich bitte den Admin mir es zu ermoglichen meine Batch (.bat) Datei hochladen zu dürfen

Mit freundlichen Gruß Xx.LOFDxBERLINxX

Euer
XxLOFDxBERLINxX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Launcher.jpg (73.5 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX; 09-06-20 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Änderungen am Program und ein Youtube Video
Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-20, 12:22 PM   #2
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Very interesting. Is it possible to run more than 4 DW installations?
Old 08-31-20, 12:32 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-20, 05:21 PM   #4
Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX
Swabbie

gear Update Dangerous Waters Launcher

English:

Greetings from Berlin ..

Yes, the program can manage no matter how many instances, the number of folders does not matter. I also added gdVoodoo_2. As far as I can tell, my computer is doing pretty well. The gdVoodoo_2 mode works great in window mode, in Voodoo_2 mode the parameters are no longer missing on the map when the map is shown in large format.

The d3d8 wrapper mode runs in full screen mode, and of course you have to preconfigure the DxWng.

I'm still doing handicrafts but in general I could give out the program to the first interested people. Everything is of course still in the test phase ..

You can then change the resolution directly in the program without crashes, of course

Get in touch with anyone who is interested.

New screen sheet is also included ...

Regards Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX

German:

Grüsse aus Berlin .. Ja das Programm kann egal wieviele Instanzen verwalten,die Anzahl der Ordner spielt keine Rolle. Desweiteren hab ich jetzt noch gdVoodoo_2 hinzugefügt. So weit ich das jetzt beurteilen kann läuft es bei mir ganz gut auf dem Computer. Der gdVoodoo_2 Modus läuft super im Fenster Modus, im Voodoo_2 Modus fehlen auch nicht mehr die Parameter auf der Karte wenn die Karte gross gezeigt wird.

Der d3d8 Wrapper Mode läuft im Vollbildmodus, und den DxWng müsst ihr natürlich vorkonfigurieren.

Bin noch am Basteln aber im gossen und ganzen könnte ich das Programm an die ersten Interresenten ausgeben. Befindet sich alles natürlich noch in der Testphase ..

Die Auflösung könnt Ihr dann auch direkt in dem Programm ändern ohne Abstürtze natürlich

Meldet euch wer Interesse hat.

Neuer Screenschot ist auch dabei ...

Grüsse Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dangerous_Waters_Launcher.jpg (73.5 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX; 09-06-20 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Youtube Video
Old 09-01-20, 01:52 PM   #5
Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX
Swabbie

gear Video ist jetzt Online

Old 09-06-20, 02:37 PM   #6
Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX
Swabbie

gear Multi thread support

English:

Hi guys .. i wanted to keep up to date with my little program. It is now possible to run Dangerous Waters in a multi thread. No matter how many windows (instances are open), this is only limited by the maximum computing power of your computer. You can now run Dangerous Waters with different mods at the same time or just play 4 missions at the same time ..

Greetings LOFD-BERLIN

German:

Hallo Leute .. wollte ich mit meinem kleinen Programm auf dem laufenden halten. Es ist nun möglich Dangerous Waters im multi Thread zu betreiben. Egal wieviele Fenster ( Instanzen geöffnet sind ) begrenzt wird das nur durch die maximale Rechenleistung eures Computers. Ihr könnt jetzt Dangerous Waters mit verschiedenen Mods gleichzeitig laufen lassen oder einfach 4 Missionen gleichzeitig spielen ..

Gruss LOFD-BERLIN

Old 11-12-20, 03:55 AM   #7
Captain Reyes
Bosun

Downloads: 19

This tool looks fantastic, is there a download link for it?

Last edited by Captain Reyes; 11-14-20 at 07:37 PM.
Captain Reyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 03:21 AM   #8
Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX
Swabbie

Ja leider ist es mir nicht möglich hier einen Upload durchzuführen .. bitte Kontaktieren Sie mich mit Ihrer Email .. Gruss LOFD
Old 11-27-20, 04:40 PM   #9
Captain Reyes
Bosun

->PM
Old 12-08-20, 09:18 PM   #10
Captain Reyes
Bosun

LOFDxBerlin I received the mod launcher. Is it okay for you when the tool is shared to others in the DW community?
Old 12-12-20, 10:52 AM   #11
Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX
Swabbie

Nuke Bitte Verteilen .. Mod Launcher ..

Ja ist ok dafür hab ich ihn doch gemacht
Yes, that's ok, that's why I made it
Old 04-23-21, 11:36 AM   #12
BAS3253
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 88
Default Multi Copies Dangerous Waters

Hi
Would it be possible to have the link.
Or is it in the download section.
Best Regards
Barrie
BAS3253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 12:04 PM   #13
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX View Post

English:

Hi guys .. i wanted to keep up to date with my little program. It is now possible to run Dangerous Waters in a multi thread. No matter how many windows (instances are open), this is only limited by the maximum computing power of your computer. You can now run Dangerous Waters with different mods at the same time or just play 4 missions at the same time ..

Greetings LOFD-BERLIN

Would that allow to let DW from one folder to play against another DW folder via multiplayer? Not needing to install it on a different computer?
Old 04-23-21, 12:05 PM   #14
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

BAS3253!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-21, 03:03 AM   #15
Xx.LOFDxBERLIN.xX
Swabbie

Nuke Launcher Link

https://mega.nz/file/pEZlzAKZ#KH7S2T...SCoox4lCU3uiJ8