SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-31-19, 08:33 PM   #1
sak1134
Watch

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default Returned to SH3, need a bit of assistance.

Back to the game after several years and just need a bit of help. I'm running SH3, with GW3.0 (no extra features turned on) and OLC Gold MK2 Option 1 Gui and ENV.

Here are the issues I'm having and hope I can get some assistance with.

1. Nothing is showing up on my attack map. My sub doesn't show up and even identified contacts dont show up. My attack map is basically devoid of any ships . Even on the nav map my sub doesnt really show up making navigating out of port via the map interesting.

2. I like the OLC Gold Attack Calculator but can't quite figure out how to use it. I found a video by Tailmange but he loses me when he calculates the height as 12 for range and I'm not getting where thats coming from. I think I was counting 6/7 vertical tics when he said 12. Is there a better video.

3. Attack periscope for OlC Gold, what is the zoom key?

4. In tailmange's video he has a mod for the identification book that puts a red tick mark on the high point for the ship. Anyone know the mod name?

Thanks in advance for the assistance. I'm sure most of this is user issues and my old brain at work.
sak1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 03:43 PM   #2
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak1134 View Post
Back to the game after several years and just need a bit of help. I'm running SH3, with GW3.0 (no extra features turned on) and OLC Gold MK2 Option 1 Gui and ENV.

Here are the issues I'm having and hope I can get some assistance with.

1. Nothing is showing up on my attack map. My sub doesn't show up and even identified contacts dont show up. My attack map is basically devoid of any ships . Even on the nav map my sub doesnt really show up making navigating out of port via the map interesting.
If you leave a waypoint on the map it tells you exactly where you are. OLC did this to make the fog of war more apparent. The idea is that you make up plots of whatever is around you. There are mod files to replace the uboat icon. You'll have to search around.

Quote:
2. I like the OLC Gold Attack Calculator but can't quite figure out how to use it. I found a video by Tailmange but he loses me when he calculates the height as 12 for range and I'm not getting where thats coming from. I think I was counting 6/7 vertical tics when he said 12. Is there a better video.
I should have OLC's original video in the download link at the bottom of this message. OLC did have a change at some point where you needed to halve or double the vertical size. 6 vs 12, I'd say that fits.

Quote:
3. Attack periscope for OlC Gold, what is the zoom key?
There is none. OLC fixed it because it made his environment mod look better to him. Or he didn't like the way the zoomed in waves got distorted.

Quote:
4. In tailmange's video he has a mod for the identification book that puts a red tick mark on the high point for the ship. Anyone know the mod name?

Thanks in advance for the assistance. I'm sure most of this is user issues and my old brain at work.
Not sure, but I have a mod TMT v2 that has the same red markings.

Last edited by Pisces; 08-01-19 at 03:52 PM.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 08:37 PM   #3
sak1134
Watch

Downloads: 69

Thanks!
sak1134 is offline   Reply With Quote