Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-01-15, 05:34 PM   #1
Tchaika
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Fast Attack

Greetings,

New member here, this is my introduction thread for those who haven't seen it yet.

I'm working on a Fast Attack campaign, in career mode, or rather I thought I was. When I I get to the 7th Mission of the Persian Gulf battle-set, whereupon the game crashes with "General TBI Read error." A Google search found this old thread but it doesn't look the guy ever got an answer.

Technical Background:

I'm running Fast Attack in DOSBox under Windows XP. I have applied the patches from the forum for both the executable and extended mission times.

Troubleshooting Tried:

I've tried running the original unpatched Fast Attack executable to see if the patch was the problem and got the same TBI error on Mission 7.

I've tried taking individual TBIs out of the extended mission time patch, replacing them with the original TBIs, very specifically the one that I'm having issues with, no dice there either.

Lastly, I ran the game with /SWSGOD to rapidly advance through all six initial missions. When I did this I was able to load Mission #7 without issue. This suggests to me that something got corrupted with my save game.

Is this campaign wasted at this point and I'm looking at starting over? Has anyone else encountered this particular problem?
Tchaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-15, 08:24 AM   #2
Krabb
Navy Dude

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

I'm afraid you have to restart the campaign. I had the same issue, and couldn't find another solution. Also, I started to make saves after every mission. There are enough slots for two campaigns as far as I remember.
Krabb is offline   Reply With Quote