Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-09-19, 11:41 AM   #1
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Default Societies real problem drugs and gratification of the senses

We talk about a lot of problems here on subsim GT ... we are for the most part an international society.

What would you do if you were the head of the DEA in your country?

I would rename the DEA the Drug Education Agency instead of the Drug Enforcement Agency, due to the fact that they are not getting the job done.

Turn the war over to the US Army, US Navy, US Coast Guard and US Air Force

Drug 100 Times Deadlier Than Fentanyl Seized In Queens Bust

https://patch.com/new-york/queens/11...ring-queens-da

Quote:
QUEENS, NY — A cross-country drug trafficking ring that peddled heroin, fentanyl and carfentanil – an opioid that's one of the most powerful in existence – has been busted in Queens, the borough's district attorney's office announced Thursday.

The nationwide drug enterprise relied on long-haul truck drivers to transport drugs from the southern border of California to a stash-house in Springfield Gardens, Queens, prosecutors said.

NYPD officers searching the stash-house in April seized 11 pounds of carfentanil and fentanyl, which prosecutors say marks the largest carfentanil seizure in the United States to date. The drug is 100 times more deadly than fentanyl, the DA's office said.
I would have to look it up, but it's reported that drug overdoses in the USA in 2017 amounted to almost 200 mean and women a day coming to more than the Korean war and the Vietnam war in one year.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 12:04 PM   #2
August
Wayfaring Stranger

What would you propose that the Armed Forces do? I don't want to see Soldiers and Marines putting up roadblocks or conducting the sort of searches we see them do in the middle east.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 12:12 PM   #3
Archibald
Watch

Downloads: 1

^
I agree with that. Our boys are already making great efforts in prevention in the subject.
Archibald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 12:32 PM   #4
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Perhaps not the men after all there is very little to fight with tanks and squads of men, but with the smarts, the intelligence that the Pentagon is suppose to have.

The US Navy and US Coast Guard are already contributing to drug bust just do more, plus the State Department
could push for more for China to control the importation problem as we already know is coming through Mexico via our borders.
or achievement

Old 11-10-19, 09:31 AM   #5
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Perhaps not the men after all there is very little to fight with tanks and squads of men,

Yet our police forces seem quite eager for tanks, armored vehicles and squads that look more and more like infantry than cops. Are you sure that once the US military begins the kind of support you're talking about it won't quickly morph into the kind I envision?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 11:00 AM   #6
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Or we could just end this silly "war" on drugs.

It is not up to the federal government to "protect" people from their own stupidity.

There should still be laws about how certain professions can't be performed under the influence of drugs.

I am especially against this selective caring about people attitude that we have.

We allow people to use some drugs but not others. This selectivity seems to be motivated more by profit than any actual concern for the health and well being of the citizens.

You can smoke one weed (Tobacco) that grows in the US but not another type of weed that also grows in the US.

You can chemically process substances into one form of drug (alcohol) but are not allowed to chemically process other substances.

And yet Alcohol and Tobacco remain significant health risks ... and remain two profitable industries.

This "war on drugs" is more about profit protection than any actual concern about the safety of our citizens.
Old 11-09-19, 03:38 PM   #7
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
What would you propose that the Armed Forces do? I don't want to see Soldiers and Marines putting up roadblocks or conducting the sort of searches we see them do in the middle east.

I don't think anyone wants to see that August but as I 'm sure you are already aware, the armed forces as Mr Quatro has already said are involved. Interdiction of supply lines happens on a routine basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Perhaps not the men after all there is very little to fight with tanks and squads of men, but with the smarts, the intelligence that the Pentagon is suppose to have.

The US Navy and US Coast Guard are already contributing to drug bust just do more, plus the State Department
could push for more for China to control the importation problem as we already know is coming through Mexico via our borders.

Since the armed forces have the resources, equipment, training and manpower, this makes sense. If drugs are as harmful to the well being of a country as we know they are, then the government and it's vast resources should be used to control that. I think large scale drug operators and their networks should be considered enemies of what ever respectful country they are trying to infiltrate and terroists and be dealt with, with extreme prejudice.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-19, 06:02 PM   #8
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

According to the article, I wonder how they got the drugs, via long distance trucking, all the way from California to Queens, New York without getting caught?

Law of supply and demand rules ... DEA's goal should be to double the price of drugs on the street.

Some countries even have death penalties, which probably don't work, but we could try it knowing full well the democrats will stop any electrocutions and no one will die due to being a drug dealer.
or achievement

Old 11-10-19, 05:28 AM   #9
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
What would you do if you were the head of the DEA in your country?
Most likely be demanding more resources to tackle the problem but privately realising/admitting I was involved in a war I could never win.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote