SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-27-20, 06:34 PM   #1
Bobdole22
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default problem with MaGui 3.4 and GWX 3.0

hello

I recently successfully installed GWX 3.0 and commanders mod for SH3.

However I wanted a different periscope interface so i tried to install Widescreen MaGui v3.4 (standalone version) and Widscreen MaGui v3.4 SA FIX for GWX v.3.

I extracted the files moved them to Mods folder and then activated them using JSGME However my interface has not changed what am I doing wrong?

thanks
Bobdole22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 08:19 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Bobdole22!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 10:47 PM   #3
divemonkie
Medic

Downloads: 1031

hey bob.
deactivate magui than open your mods folder and open magui folder.
you should see a data folder.

sometimes when extracting a file it will create a folder and you'll have Magui 3.4/magui 3.4/data.

one to many magui's in the soup
divemonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 10:59 PM   #4
Bobdole22
Nub

hey

First thanks for reply

I deleted extra folders to find when the game loaded and I clicked on a single mission button part of the in game menu screen was cut off (the part with the start button) from realism % over

I tried to instead launch a naval academy mission where it froze after the loading screen on the black (the u_boat...) screen with the error (Menu ID not Found: 0x3f010022!)

I am running the steam install of the game should I try the non widescreen file version or is their another solution?
Old 06-30-20, 07:55 AM   #5
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Undo the mods in JSGME and try again to see if the game works as it should. If not, reinstall the game, as it would seem your game install is corrupted now.

Try to have the Steam game library in a path that is not anywhere inside c:\Program Files (whatever). This path makes Windows prevent making changes to the files. Try to get it in something like c:\Games\Steamlibrary\steamapp\common\SilentHunter III
Old 07-01-20, 08:45 PM   #6
Bobdole22
Nub

thanks again for reply

I tried disabling and activating the mods in JSGME and moved my steam library to another folder. I also downloaded Magui Final version and GW3 patch with no effect.

Has anyone gotten these two mods to work together successfully or should I try Magui without grey wolves?

On a side note does ether of this games successors have a periscope with TDC on the same screen and is SH 4 or 5 a better game?
Old 07-02-20, 07:13 AM   #7
Pisces
Silent Hunter

I meant to say to undo the mods (well, GWX cannot be removed), and try the game without them applied. Does the game work normal then? You should not get any application error in vanilla/GWX 3 SH3.

If you do then your base game is corrupted somehow. And requires a reinstall to get the correct baseline for further modding.

Last edited by Pisces; 07-02-20 at 07:23 AM.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 07:21 AM   #8
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdole22 View Post
thanks again for reply

I tried disabling and activating the mods in JSGME and moved my steam library to another folder. I also downloaded Magui Final version and GW3 patch with no effect.

Has anyone gotten these two mods to work together successfully or should I try Magui without grey wolves?
I have Magui 3.4 with GWX 3. Which may not be the Magui Final version, I didn't keep track. I installed it way back in 2011 I think. It survived transplants across multiple upgrades of Windows 7 to 8, to 10 and it's annual editions. I just never finished the patrol. Still runs.

But I also don't have it as a Steam install. So does not match your case. But there must be loads of people that does have it in that combination.
Old 07-02-20, 04:24 PM   #9
Bobdole22
Nub

yeah the game runs fine with just GWX 3.0 with the Magui ether not installed or with them disabled in JSGME. Its only with them enabled do i get the weird cut off screen error.

so it might be alteration or patch that steam made to the game I'll keep on researching still a cool game.

thanks