SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-19, 06:15 AM   #1
enjoi
Sailor man

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Default Enhanced damage effects mod for SH5?

I've looked around and I'm sure I just missed it, but when I used to play SH3-GWX I had a mod enabled that was called 'enhanced damage effects' and it would basically apply twisted steel and holes to ships that were hit by torpedoes. Is there a mod like this for sh5? I'd love to download and enable it if there is. Thanks!
enjoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-19, 10:50 AM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

What you are looking for is this one:

FX_Update_0_0_22_TheDarkWraith

But be warned that it should be part of an extended modlist for SH5 in order to play the game without errors, loading this one alone won't make you happy...
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-19, 11:11 AM   #3
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
What you are looking for is this one:

FX_Update_0_0_22_TheDarkWraith

I don't think so. He was asking for "holes and twisted metal" and FX update mod has nothing to with that.
Also, judging by his previous posts, he is playing his game with TWoS mod, in which case, applying this mod would only cause problems because FX_Update_0_0_22 mod in it's stock form is a CTD minefield...
There is no mod for "twisted deck metal" for SH5...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-19, 11:32 AM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I don't think so. He was asking for "holes and twisted metal" and FX update mod has nothing to with that.
Also, judging by his previous posts, he is playing his game with TWoS mod, in which case, applying this mod would only cause problems because FX_Update_0_0_22 mod in it's stock form is a CTD minefield...

Yes, sure. It's the only mod that I know which makes changes to damage effects, debris, explosions etc. And a mod that will be compatible with a lot of other mods from TDW.

Of course, TwoS has this one (or some basics of it), so no need to add it to TWoS, I'm always assuming that players don't make crazy things, alas they do...
Old 07-23-19, 06:55 PM   #5
enjoi
Sailor man

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Yea, thanks. I wasn't sure how to explain really what I'm looking for. All I know is when I played SH3 - GWX I had a mod enabled that made it so when I hit ships with torps or deck guns it would actually show the damage on the ships and I don't see that happening in SH5 - TWOS. Not a big deal, just would add a nice touch of realism.
enjoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-19, 06:40 AM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoi View Post
Yea, thanks. I wasn't sure how to explain really what I'm looking for. All I know is when I played SH3 - GWX I had a mod enabled that made it so when I hit ships with torps or deck guns it would actually show the damage on the ships and I don't see that happening in SH5 - TWOS. Not a big deal, just would add a nice touch of realism.

To "show damage on the ships", you can set this in the game options by deactivating a box. In-game you will see a bar showing the damage progress of the ship when it's locked-on. I don't know if this works in TWoS however. It's one of the numerous arcade features of stock SH5...