SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-19, 07:32 PM   #1
GSmith63
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Default New Campaign Focused on Realism

About a year ago I started working on modding the Cold Waters 1984 campaign for improved realism, mainly to increase my personal enjoyment of the game. Over time the project turned into a much larger effort than I originally intended, with changes (and I hope, improvements) to many aspects of the game. Significant changes include the elimination of problems with units spawning too close to enemy surface ships, simulated attrition of enemy forces over time, the creation of a new campaign map with patrol zones for many mission types, moving the timeline to 1990 and adding the 688i & Akula I, and general realism improvements for many unit characteristics. If anyone is interested, especially realism buffs, the updated override folder can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D47...ew?usp=sharing

To use:
1. Download the new override folder zip file (entitled CW_North-Atlantic-1990.zip) from the Google Drive link and scan it for viruses.
2. Go to the Streaming Assets folder (on PCs this would normally be the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cold Waters\ColdWaters_Data\StreamingAssets folder)
3. Find the current override folder if it exists and rename it to ‘old_override’ or whatever you want.
4. Unzip or copy and paste the new override folder and all subfolders into the Streaming Assets folder.
5. Start the game and go to the North Atlantic 1990 campaign.

Major changes to follow.

Last edited by GSmith63; 07-08-20 at 09:44 PM.
GSmith63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, fixes, new content, realism