SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-28-23, 01:43 PM   #16
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

You have not read any of my posts.I have said that I suck at full realism and this is why I am trying to make the game a bit easier BUT not too easy.

I never said that uboats have sonar on surface.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 03:08 PM   #17
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
You have not read any of my posts.I have said that I suck at full realism and this is why I am trying to make the game a bit easier BUT not too easy.

I never said that uboats have sonar on surface.
I'm having trouble following you so let's see this together
here an attack we are in the "naval academy" Full Hard

nous plaçons le personelle aux postes clefs pour avoir le maximum d efficaciter

here the output periscope we see that the sonar messages evaluate the nearest target.. it gives us an estimate for you to evaluate

here is the attack map as we see it there is no sonar dotting no representation of ship it's up to you to take out the instruments be a real commander for once. Hehehe...

now if you want to play super easy here are the settings

here but I estimate that NYGM cannot and should not be played like that..lol!! Fifi works hard, it's not for nothing uais:uais:
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-23, 04:10 PM   #18
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

I tried manual plotting and my brain hurts and I prefer a bit or easiness as I think it coincides with realism as the captain was not doing everything.

I have removed all surface icons from my game and now find that Hsie mod "inaccurate range estimations" from WO works well.You cant have pin point accuracy this way as I mark the spot my WO says and the marks never line up and giving me just a relative bearing,albeit close enough to set up an attack.The only thing needed is a way to show what ship was identified.In ARB GUI the notepad was removed to give way for the Ujagd and so the area where the ship identity would post is gone.
Old 02-28-23, 05:47 PM   #19
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
I tried manual plotting and my brain hurts and I prefer a bit or easiness as I think it coincides with realism as the captain was not doing everything.

I have removed all surface icons from my game and now find that Hsie mod "inaccurate range estimations" from WO works well.You cant have pin point accuracy this way as I mark the spot my WO says and the marks never line up and giving me just a relative bearing,albeit close enough to set up an attack.The only thing needed is a way to show what ship was identified.In ARB GUI the notepad was removed to give way for the Ujagd and so the area where the ship identity would post is gone.
For my part I find it very well ... because a real commander had to have his method according to the attack conditions ... It is very difficult to establish with calculates Realiter knowing that many parameters come into account in the Ocean .. The meteo is an important factor The speed of the ship which is not perfect the draft etc ... Today the electronics solves these problems we see this in Ukraine.
I find that it gives a good aspect to the simulation It is necessary this by inaccuracy which reinforces this aspect in nygm
If you play the periscope not locking in bad weather you will see it is very difficult to effect outlets .. and shoot ... especially at long distance the meteo is an important factor during attacks, that is what I love in nygm
ARB 0.4 would suit you better but helas it does not work a few errors well.
UJag is very useful as well as the Torpedo table.. graduation periscope..
I invite you to go see here
http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/i...howtopic=58833
Wolfstriked I'm sorry for my bad English ... I hope I have helped ...
Sincerely Kal Maximus U669

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 02-28-23 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-28-23, 09:43 PM   #20
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

I understand you as the only two words that I didn't understand was meteo and helas and google translate helped there.Meteo is weather and helas is alas.

As for the locking of ships in bad weather I have done away with that completely in my game.I set a key for "identify ship" and manually hold the scope on ship and the WE will identify.

As for the page you linked me too...its in French I will be lost way more than just translating a few words here.
Old 03-01-23, 04:06 AM   #21
Hooston
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 15

i think we're getting to the root of it. We're a long way from the book being too dark .

If you play 100% realism NYGM you tend to do everyone else's job. i think some real uboat Kaleuns actually did operate in this way , but a better skipper would make better use of his crew (e.g. Morton and O'Kane).
Unfortunately SH3 is not great at simulating the activities of the rest of the crew, they tend to have superhuman abilities but no initiative. If allowed they will generate a plot so good you don't actually need to look through the periscope or UZO. They know every ship on the ocean. They will not warn you about a destroyer 1001m away if there is a merchant at 1000m.

As the automation is a bit "gamey" (a trap that SH5 and uboat fell into IMHO) looks like "100% realism", minimum use of complicated toys like the stadimeter and autocratic management style is your best bet. i think I'm going further down that route in future, but I'm going to have to invest in a PC that can handle enhanced graphics mods at more than 5fps...
Hooston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-23, 10:56 AM   #22
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Not only is the book too dark but its not in alphabetical order so its even harder.Great point about superhuman crew that have no initiative.I guess we take what we can get LOL
Old 03-01-23, 12:53 PM   #23
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Not only is the book too dark but its not in alphabetical order so its even harder.Great point about superhuman crew that have no initiative.I guess we take what we can get LOL
They are not in alphabetical order, but in class order
If you want brighter image in the recon book, take all the ship silhouette tga (in all data/sea/xx ship folder) with photoshop and adjust them to your liking!
You will have some busy hours …

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-23, 01:13 PM   #24
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Seems simple enough Fifi.Exposure back up to 100%.Maybe that is too bright though as that is stock vanilla setting.
Old 03-01-23, 01:21 PM   #25
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
They are not in alphabetical order, but in class order
If you want brighter image in the recon book, take all the ship silhouette tga (in all data/sea/xx ship folder) with photoshop and adjust them to your liking!
You will have some busy hours …

The outer area where the ship info like mast height and length etc is still dark.You know the name of that tga and location?

Also,what do you mean class order?
Old 03-01-23, 02:34 PM   #26
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
The outer area where the ship info like mast height and length etc is still dark.You know the name of that tga and location?

Also,what do you mean class order?
All tankers are together, cargos together etc…
Don’t remember the tga name & location

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-23, 02:41 PM   #27
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Copy thanks
Old 03-01-23, 04:16 PM   #28
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

3 hours later its done

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lwdak...Manual.7z/file
Old 03-01-23, 05:04 PM   #29
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Icon14

Quote:
Thanks dude

the impeccable recce manual in ARB great job THXXXL
Now the tube selector add the single tube to the button of the control panel correct the multi tubes in the OBS & ATTACK periscopes
"same" on the attack card if you know how to fix it we will have a perfect ARB
Old 03-01-23, 05:11 PM   #30
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Your welcome.

Are you talking about the tube selector TDC dial not matching?