Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-21-10, 12:47 PM   #166
krashkart
Navy Seal

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcc65 View Post
Some of you posted on your signatures things about being members in the army of zombies, whic probably wants to be something funny and ironic, but it isn't, it's just a sad real thing. Anyway, I wonder how come that I wasn;t banedd until now, probably the moderatos ar enot in the area. Anyway, a sugestion for them: you may better also delete my posts, that way you can make me almost invisible, even to those that agree with me in some points, but they are, of course, afraid, to state that they do.
Well bubba, it is a smartass signature. Kick back and have a laugh for once - it won't hurt you any. Now I'm not gonna argue that your point of view is wrong, though, in regards to my sad state of being here at Subsim. I know where I'm at and you know where you're at. However, I seriously doubt that your posts are going to be pruned. That would be true censorship, and a betrayal to the community in general. You are free to post as you wish, but whatever it was you did to get the hammer dropped on you so many times, must have been enough to raise the ire of a lot of people here. Were I in the same position I would be trying very hard to mend fences and win back some friendships. Why aren't you in the same boat here? C'mon, zombies or not we're decent folk. Will you give it a try?
Old 05-21-10, 12:51 PM   #167
severniae
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
The problem is that forums can be spammed, no matter the measure that moderators can take to do that, an IP or an account ban will not "resolve" the problem. Unfortunately, some of you didn't understood my statement behind those curses that I've made against the moderators. It is and it was always about the freedom of speech, about free thinking, about not being so sensitive when somebody is saying something you don't like or agree. And the title of this post meant: "people, don't do something in your pants when moderators are threatening you for one reason or another, show some vertical backbone and sustain your opinion regardless the results that may follow, don't be a controlled zombie like most of you are in your real life days, be free, at least here, in this community!"
They thought that I am a regular member that can be "shut down", not trying to disturb the "order" here. An order which in most of the cases is "ordered" by some individual, helped by his henchmen (maybe you've read or saw "Animal Farm"). Of course, all they can do is ban me again, and that only shows their lack of honor, trying to restrict my right to speak. OK, do it, but if you will do that, I can make another account, another IP, so this story may have no end.

Wake up, people, open your mind and make your own choices!
Funnily enough, I do make my own choices. I choose to obey the rules and remain a member of this good community! If you want one without rules, where there is no moderation, please feel free to start your own forum. Heck, I'll even join, just for laughs. The reason this community is the nice happy place that it is, is because the moderators (and Neal) keep things on track, let people vent when they need to (this thread is a goo example) and put a stopper on stuff that goes too far. I can't say that I've felt particularly censored of late, sure, things are done that annoy me at times, but I'd rather that than be part of a community that constantly troll the forums and berate one another.

In the words of Obi Wan Kenobi "You want to go home and re-think your life"
Old 05-21-10, 12:53 PM   #168
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32

To the OP: Your ideas are new and exciting. How might I subscribe to your newsletter?

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 12:56 PM   #169
robbo180265
Admiral

Downloads: 122

^^

Two excellent replies above , much better than mine.

I enjoy this community - I like to think I have quite a few friends here now and I wouldn't do anything to risk that. Before you reply and say that the nasty mods all picked on you - or something like that, I should caution you that I have searched out your old posts , have seen what you were like and totally agree that you should have been banned.

You went maverick and you paid the price - move on , forget Subsim because I doubt you will ever be alowed back here.

You betrayed too many friendships - something I would never do.
robbo180265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 12:59 PM   #170
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

Quote:
Some of you posted on your signatures things about being members in the army of zombies, whic probably wants to be something funny and ironic, but it isn't, it's just a sad real thing.
Old 05-21-10, 01:07 PM   #171
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

And the next name shall be....mkIpetrucci!

I called it here first.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 01:12 PM   #172
Nordmann
Commodore

Downloads: 62

This is sad on an epic scale. If ever there was a strong advertisement for contraception, it would be something like this.

Dupe accounts, trolling, personal attacks, seriously, how old is this guy? I think it's about time the internet had an age requirement, or failing that, an IQ test! Oh damn, there go 90% of net users!
Old 05-21-10, 01:21 PM   #173
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post

how old is this guy? I think it's about time the internet had an age requirement

I'm guessing about 12
Old 05-21-10, 01:47 PM   #174
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Lol, and I thought ya dissapeared owner, welcome back... Now please make smaller posts. your takeing up space...

oah, and you know why im sure you are owner, or a friend...

Because you bull****, and his bull**** make the same about the same amount of sense.

XOXO
thanks for the fun
Old 05-21-10, 01:58 PM   #175
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Some people just need to get a piece.
Old 05-21-10, 02:02 PM   #176
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

hmm... peice of what.

OAH, and Ive came to the conclusion this guy is a set of floating hands that randomly type words... or maby...

HE IS HITLERS GHOST!!!

They both had/have nothing but **** spewing out of there mouths.
Old 05-21-10, 02:22 PM   #177
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Funny ... I just had an interesting argument with some guildies in WoW when I posted that I love SH. No "sh3 rox, drm and sh5 sux" arguments, but.. "dude, is that not a nazi game?" questions.

I just realised that .. yeah.. maybe I'm a zombie. A brainwash dude who love to play a nazi officer in ww2 and I'm pretty proud of that. Sinking allied ships who struggle to liberate "me" and the next generations from what we forgot to call it.... the darkest part of our modern history. More than that.. I have to admit that I read My Kampf. Is a cheap philosophy, same as Lenin had... but still, I wonder maybe they are right. In the name of democracy, of freedom, of libeerty.. KILL your enemy. No matter if is human, if he has family home, a sick mother or ... just kill him.

Yeah I know, sub captain were different... but still, they were fighting for the f'ing fuhrer. Were they not zombies? In a way, same as now when the US army "fight" for democracy all over the world?
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 02:36 PM   #178
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

In some ways you're right. Young men fight because older men convince them that their cause is just and right. Sometimes the cause is obviously just, as in the case of all Europeans who fought back when their countries were invaded. But it isn't always so black-and-white, and people are willing to kill each other when they feel their way of life is threatened.

As for playing a u-boat captain, is it because you like the idea of killing an enemy or because you like the machinery and the adventure? It's a deep philosophical question, but in the long run, for me at least, it's because I like the boats. I'll play any side in any boat or plane, because pretending is cool.

As for Owner, he is the type of person who likes to disrupt the game, cause trouble and then blame others when they don't like it. He calls it "freedom of speech", but he's not disagreeing with people, he's openly antagonizing them, but he can't see that. It's like the criminal who blames the system when he's caught and punished. I like to be rowdy sometimes, but if someone is offended I don't blame them, or tell them where to get off - I apologize, because it's the decent thing to do. You insult your friends because they know it's a joke, and they're in on it. You don't insult random strangers and call them names when they object.

Owner, you weren't banned because you said the wrong things, you were banned because you insisted that they were right and when you were called on it you turned to attacking the people who stopped your BS. You need to grow up and find out how real people live.
Old 05-21-10, 02:43 PM   #179
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Life in the wilderness must be getting at poor old Simba....The Lying King

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-10, 02:49 PM   #180
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Nothing wrong with freedom of speech, but the point of the forum is not for everyone to say what they like when they like. The point of the forum is to facilitate a submarine simulation community. All arguments and points have their place here, but only insofar that they are not harmful to Subsim's mission.

Really, this isn't a place for this. There is a purpose to Subsim and yes, your right to say what you want is not as valuable here as the right of the rest of the community to enjoy and discuss submarine simulation in peace, with others, in a way that's legal and ethical. We're here not because we want to fight for fairness and peace, we're here because we like to play games about submarines. And that's all there's to it.

If you're so righteous, why don't you put all that energy to good use and run for public office or volunteer to a public organization that fights for peace and equality? Stop trolling a forum about submarine games and do something useful if you're so dedicated to freedom and fairness. You're wasting your energy here - everything here boils down to enjoying games together, and noone will ever let you muddy the waters here and interfere with that for too long. Not to mention most people will not even pay attention. Simple as that.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote