Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-16-10, 09:31 PM   #31
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Yeah!

Chucky that,s wonderful news!You had me worried facing all the Bolshevik hordes all by myself in Kursk
!Now you can pass the gin so we can all celebrate!

How's the new graphic card running? Happy with the change?

You know I think we should create a separate thread dedicated to all the problem related to installs, crashes, mods installs, fixes ect so in the future all of us and newcomers can easily access and read the past problens rather than flooding ZW with requests for help.I will gladly do it but only after my return from my undeserved holidays!I am leaving for 9 days tonight and will be back only on the 26th.Ill be missing you guys and tis forum but by Fuehrers Befehl( my wife) no computer, no tank game allowed during our vacations.

Bests
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-10, 10:30 PM   #32
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

We're going to miss you frinik, but I hope you and your family have a great time.

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-10, 10:40 PM   #33
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Likewise!

Likewise Zw and the others I am going to miss you

But I´'ll be lok¡oking forward to reading over a week worth of interesting threads and posts

Bests to all and especially to you ZW our Zugfuehrer!
Old 02-17-10, 02:57 AM   #34
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Have a great time Frinik.

PS I went with the lower spec ATI in the end.I don't fancy changing over again,that will lead to another 3 page topic of misery

Chucky.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 04:53 AM   #35
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Oh No!

Oh NO Chucky! I can´t believe it! It´s akin to wanting a child for 20 years, getting pregnant and then once the baby is born giving him up for adoption!

What are you going to do with your new Nvidia????

Oh well graphic cards are like girl friends, you look for something new with better - hem - graphics and then once you find onethey give you nothing but trouble and you realise after a couple of weeks you were better off with the old one....

ZW, Off topic, Friedrich Wilhelm and I were exchanging views and commiserating about your new AI... Hem it´s too good now those wingmen of your kill everything in sight and leave us table scraps. Hem perhaps after Kursk someething can be done to make them less aggressive, buoyant, gung ho, rambo whatever the adequate word is to describe their mad rush to glory...I have to confess to shooting my wingmen and trying to disable-cripple them at the beginning of a game to prevent them from rampaging and killing everything in sight.I am risking court martial but hey
I want glory too

Which shows the old Chinese curse is true¨Be careful what you wish for because you máy get it

Cheers

from an unemployed Tiger commander soon to be on furlough and recovering from his wounded pride....
Old 02-17-10, 01:12 PM   #36
Chucky
Planesman

Frinik,the Nvidia is in my spare system,which I intend to sell.With the funds I will buy the fastest ATI card known to man.

Just watch that Tiger shift then
Old 02-17-10, 04:25 PM   #37
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Oh NO Chucky! I can´t believe it! It´s akin to wanting a child for 20 years, getting pregnant and then once the baby is born giving him up for adoption!

What are you going to do with your new Nvidia????

Oh well graphic cards are like girl friends, you look for something new with better - hem - graphics and then once you find onethey give you nothing but trouble and you realise after a couple of weeks you were better off with the old one....

ZW, Off topic, Friedrich Wilhelm and I were exchanging views and commiserating about your new AI... Hem it´s too good now those wingmen of your kill everything in sight and leave us table scraps. Hem perhaps after Kursk someething can be done to make them less aggressive, buoyant, gung ho, rambo whatever the adequate word is to describe their mad rush to glory...I have to confess to shooting my wingmen and trying to disable-cripple them at the beginning of a game to prevent them from rampaging and killing everything in sight.I am risking court martial but hey
I want glory too

Which shows the old Chinese curse is true¨Be careful what you wish for because you máy get it

Cheers

from an unemployed Tiger commander soon to be on furlough and recovering from his wounded pride....
Concur on this one, its a race to the finish to try and get some kills! Oh, what fun, I am ignoring, SH4, IL-2, and others just to hunt down T-34's, KV-1s, every evening. I think I have ran each mission about 10 times but it never gets old. Now I take horrendous risks and actually get killed on occasion.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 05:47 PM   #38
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Default KV1-s

This the KV85

This is the new KV1-s it will be at KursK

ZW
Old 02-18-10, 01:04 PM   #39
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Now that I have seen the pics of the opposition at Kursk I think we are going to need all those aggressive wingman and a large load of good old 'lady luck'.

Those are some nasty looking tanks there. They do not look happy!

Bring it!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 01:28 PM   #40
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcke View Post
Now that I have seen the pics of the opposition at Kursk I think we are going to need all those aggressive wingman and a large load of good old 'lady luck'.

Those are some nasty looking tanks there. They do not look happy!

Bring it!
Thanks Wilcke, I have more for you to about!

"It's no longer the tanks that bother me, it's the anti-tank guns!"
- Michael Wittmann said about the Soviet tanks on the Ost Front

This is a hint to whats to come

ZW
Old 02-18-10, 02:06 PM   #41
Chucky
Planesman

Looking good ZeeWolf
Old 02-21-10, 10:40 AM   #42
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Vacation break

I am taking a break form my break just a few minutes to read all the posts.It's like my morning paper with a coffee.

For us TvsT is like a roller coaster we pay to be acred to death.Bring them on!

Hey Chucky I saw your post about that guys' pics with his high resolution screen and all you must be Nvidious....

Cheers
Old 02-21-10, 10:42 AM   #43
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Nvidious

Taking a break form my break just to read the latest posts.It's like reading my paper in the morning with my coffee a little pleasure of life!

Hey Chucky you must Nvidious of that guy's psecs and pics I saw on another post.

Cheers
Old 03-10-10, 05:42 PM   #44
Chucky
Planesman

Ok,just to keep Frinik happy,I kept the 280 GTX.
I will pop it into my system this week and check the frame rates in T34 vs Tiger.
Old 03-10-10, 11:26 PM   #45
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Chucky; I ain't Invidious!

I am cool with the idea Chucky but as long as you keep handy a ration of gin

I remember your last ordeal.Remember Man it's not the frame rates that make the game it how you drive your Tiger!

BTW the GTX offers 1 gig of graphic memory?And resolution of course is in the 1900 X 1440 range....Why am I asking this it's pure masochism.My solace is that with my ATI 3650 I'll be playing in slow motion without any stress whatsoever.Plus those T34 shells will be coming to me ever so slowly I'll be asleep by the time they hit my tank.