Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-06-08, 03:43 PM   #16
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Hotcliff
HunterICX,
I made a small donation..wondering how big it must be in order to change Avatar?..

besides, I guess your own signature pic is a Hawker Tempest IV, powered by a Napier Sabre VA?..Anyway, it's cool!

over and out

Sgt Hotcliff
Well you can make contact with Neal Stevens (the Siteowner/Admin) about your avatar.

you're close but my signature is the Hawker Typhoon Mk.IB (tear drop canopy)

HunterICX
Old 10-06-08, 04:03 PM   #17
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
Well you can make contact with Neal Stevens (the Siteowner/Admin) about your avatar.

you're close but my signature is the Hawker Typhoon Mk.IB (tear drop canopy)

HunterICX
Damned!..I made a terrible mistake! ..but admit I was close!..I just love English Warbirds and my favvo is the Seafury..watched it at Duxford, flown by Hoof Proudfoot, who sadly died in a crash..I met him outside London, in an attempt to fly aerobatic in a Cap10..
besides, I have an addiction for FW190..the most powerful and perfect machine of it's time..BMW rules

best regards,
Sgt Hotcliff

ps, I will talk to Neil Stevens..I have a great pic which I would like to use as Avatar

'Just a cool Swedish"Strv122"
http://www.kamratoff.se/images/Strv%20122%20sand.jpg

"A warrior accepts defeat
He does not treat it as a matter of indifference, nor does he try to make a victory of it” (P.Coehlo)

Last edited by Skybird; 10-06-08 at 05:12 PM.
Sgt Hotcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-08, 04:49 PM   #18
Lieste
Soundman

Hello all.

Disclaimer: I am a Beta tester for SBProPE. But I am not employed by, nor can speak for eSimGames.

There may be a delay with shipping right now, as the original supply of manuals was exhausted and an updated version has been prepared for the reprinting. I don't know what time is required by their printer for supplying the new manuals will be.

I personally would recommend downloading the 2.370 (Public Beta) version and installing this instead of the version shipped on CD (which I assume will be 2.328) as it is the defacto on-line version and has a number of IMO important updates over the previous versions.
Lieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-08, 10:14 AM   #19
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Lieste,
Aarrgh..my usual unluck!..why should my delivery be delayed..I am waiting for it..one week now!

I have reformatted my comp, cleaned it all..installed a new graphic card, XFX 8800GT with 1025 Mb memory, plus 4 GB RAM..all set to go..and I have to wait another week or more?

I that case I would like to have a notice from esimgames..that would be fair.

Flank Speed

Hotcliff

He does not treat it as a matter of indifference, nor does he try to make a victory of it” (P.Coehlo)

Old 10-11-08, 12:21 PM   #20
Lieste
Soundman

I can't say whether your order has been affected, just thought that a heads up might be welcome.
The official SB forum has a thread explaining that SBProPE is currently on backorder, if you would like to know more you could post there or email Nils... Ssnake<at>eSimGames<dot>com.
The delay is unfortunate, but the manual is now updated to include the latest features, so is more useful than 'just' a reprint of the first version.
Old 10-11-08, 01:38 PM   #21
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Default Orders

Lieste,

Well, I accept the fact if they are working on it..to make it better..but understand my frustration not having seen it yet..and it is one week since I ordered it..

At least I would expect a small note that it has been delayde or something..that would be appropriate..

til later..

flank speed

Sgt Hotcliff

Old 10-14-08, 11:49 AM   #22
porphy
Commodore

Downloads: 4

Sgt Hotcliff, any wait for SB PRO Pe is well worth it. And the developers are a good bunch with unrivaled community support and communication, although they seem to be a bit short on people implementing all the good stuff which is on the infamous "The list".
The next update seems to be very interesting indeed. The best simulator I have tried out. Thats all I can say. The hallmark of a good simulator is when you try to run it like a game end it quickly ends with a "ouch"...

Nice to see a neighbour on the forum

cheers porphy

"A paranoid is simply someone in possession of all the facts."
W. B.
porphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 01:20 PM   #23
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Wait for the Spanish Leopard 2s. They are incredibly tough bugs to crack open, I think. Roof even should be able to resist ICM artillery.

now if only the Spnaish defense ministry would get it'S homework done. As long as they do not have accepted the delivery of the orders they have placed, the new addon will not be released. It is a package much focussed on Spanish vehicles.
Old 10-14-08, 02:05 PM   #24
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

SB PE Pro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porphy
Sgt Hotcliff, any wait for SB PRO Pe is well worth it. And the developers are a good bunch with unrivaled community support and communication, although they seem to be a bit short on people implementing all the good stuff which is on the infamous "The list".
The next update seems to be very interesting indeed. The best simulator I have tried out. Thats all I can say. The hallmark of a good simulator is when you try to run it like a game end it quickly ends with a "ouch"...

Nice to see a neighbour on the forum

cheers porphy
porphy,
greetings neighbour!

last night I got home after a "hockey-night" with a project team from Detroit/Michigan US..decided to go all the way in the dark to my mailbox and.."WOW!"..SB PE PRO!!! ..DELIVERANCE!
it was late already, but I just had to install it! ..just great!
a heavy manual, just what I like..and tons of info to get into..As I said, it became a long night!
The Americans are staying til thursday so I have to stay sharp..delay
gaming until coming weekend I guess..
But first glance gave me goose-pimples!..what a lovely sim!

My version is 2.328, not sure whether it is the latest?

But at first glance, it seems just wonderful!

I'll be back soon with more comments..
for now, I'll just dig into it!

best regards,
Sgt Hotcliff

Old 10-14-08, 02:12 PM   #25
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

habla no espanol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Wait for the Spanish Leopard 2s. They are incredibly tough bugs to crack open, I think. Roof even should be able to resist ICM artillery.

now if only the Spnaish defense ministry would get it'S homework done. As long as they do not have accepted the delivery of the orders they have placed, the new addon will not be released. It is a package much focussed on Spanish vehicles.
naahh, I'll stick to the Swedish "Strv 122" for patriotic reasons

Sgt Hotcliff

Old 10-14-08, 04:11 PM   #26
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

No you won't - the Leo-2E has not only tougher armour, but also features IVIS-style life map in the commander's position. If that thing is fully functional, you do not need separate map view anymore to "simulate" IVIS-style systems. That makes the E-version of the Leo-2 unique in the SBP world. and since it looks like the map view, I expect it to be fully functional indeed.

simultaneous triple scene rendering this is: vision blocks, thermals monitor, map display.

I'm a cockpit junkey. I plan to move my postal adress into that pit.

P.S. Enjoy your new delivery, though. version 328 is the latest regular release so far, but you could get the beta that is out and that will be completed sometime this winter. Be advsied though that the Beta was not fully tested and thus is delivered as is, for the time being. But as far as I know it is standard in online matches, and features some corrections that justify the minor issues in it.
Old 10-14-08, 04:20 PM   #27
porphy
Commodore

Downloads: 4

Quote:
I'm a cockpit junkey. I plan to move my postal adress into that pit.
No problem, the slot for mail is already there on the right hand side of the vision block.

cheers Porphy

"A paranoid is simply someone in possession of all the facts."
W. B.
porphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 07:17 PM   #28
Lieste
Soundman

Glad to hear it arrived.

I'm not sure that the initial TC map will be fully functional. It will display exactly what you would get on the 2d map, but you may not be able to input anything to it.

(This is sight unseen, but is based on the increased difficulty of interacting with a 3d object with a mouse over the 2d view. Different capabilities of 2d and 3d interfaces is relatively common still, although a few engines have made the transition with varying degrees of success.)
Old 10-14-08, 07:19 PM   #29
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

How long untill that new WW2 tanksim is gona come out.
Old 10-15-08, 12:53 AM   #30
Sgt Hotcliff
Naval Tank
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
No you won't - the Leo-2E has not only tougher armour, but also features IVIS-style life map in the commander's position.
Sir, yes Sir!
Sgt Hotcliff will go for Leo 2E, Sir!

By the way,did Finland purchase the Leo too?

Anyway, thank's everyone for your inspiration and support!
I will have a difficult time at work now and for a long time..I even sneaked in the SBPro Manual in my briefcase here, just in case I get some time..besides it looks as technichal like a manual for 3D-plant design, so noone will know!

till later,

slow ahead...

Sgt Hotcliff
Leo-2E rookie