SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-20, 06:39 PM   #1
Joe S
XO

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default new multi-player sub sims

Hello Everyone!

I have been playing sub sims since the days of Up Periscope and Sub Battle Simulator. Several friends of mine were also interested and we developed specific roles to play, one person on they keyboard and the other ( the fire control officer) doing a manual attack plot and firing solution. We would run missions from right after supper time , 18:30 or so, until 02:00 or 0:300 on a Friday night.
My shipmates have long since moved away but I recently connected with one of them and we talked about the "Happy Times" playing sub battle till the wee hours of the morning.
With the release of Wolfpack and U-Boat I see a chance at putting my crew back together for some multi-player action but my review of the various Youtube videos of Wolfpack and U-Boat absolutely stunned me with the level of micro-management involved, which I do NOT like.
So far I have not been able to get a good answer as to which one of them has the best option to delegate to the crew the jobs they have to do and let me be the captain, giving the orders to dive, or surface or whatever without having to micro-manage every step in the process. Which one comes closest to the Silent Hunter series in that respect?
I assume that if I and a friend were on either the same sub or a different sub we could be on the phone together, by speaker phone, without having to communicate through the keyboard, correct?
I would like to get into this multi- player aspect of sub sims but not with the level of micro-management that I am seeing so far.
Thanks!
Joe S
Joe S is offline   Reply With Quote