SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-11-21, 10:51 AM   #7501
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I think its time to move beyond the "Inzidenzrate" (incidence rate?) in countries with signficant vaccination numbers.

Herd immunity will nowhere ever be reached. Not with this virus. I never believed that.
But one would expect that with vaccination, the number of infections might be however it is, but the percentages of the infected being admissioned to hospital, going to die, or even just forming noticable symptoms, to be much lower. And an infection that does not translate into a noticable cause with symptoms, in the bigger picture does not weigh that heavy anymore. As long as infections saw the past admission to hospital rates, there was the risk of ICUs getting overwhelmed. If the vaccination campaign has made any sense, this should no longer be the case anymore.

On the other hand stands the enormous economic costs if going into lockdown for a fourth time. Many smaller businesses cannot afford that anymore, and will break under that burden. This will change the looks of town and city centres forever. It will ruin many cities of smaller proprotions and towns who already are overdebted. It will form financial fallout of even worse proportions than it already did. And it will increase the appetite of politicians to abuse the politics of fear for granting the state ever more powers and dismantling freedoms not temporarily, but forever. To allow governing the people more comfortably from top to down.

We should concentrate on hospital admission rates instead of incidence rates, therefore.

The price is that if a new mutation appears (and there will be more mutations), reaction times will be smaller for the health authorities, if need for measures may be. The price also is leaving out considering Long Covid a desease and complication serious enough to justify serious public health measures and even more ecnomic carnage.

This decision cannot be made continent-wide, say all of the US or all of the EU. It must be made for smaller regions, say federal states (US) and nations (EU).

Non-vaccinated should be considered to be prohibited from super-regional travelling via public transport. Also, foreigners from other countries with low vaccination rates, should be prohibited to enter - this should have been the case constantly since over one year already, not just a few countries doing that and for only some weeks or months. This is what quarantines are about, and no, you cannot make it right for just every single individual's taste. The bigger picture is what counts here.

I always knew that the time when vaccination-refusers must be pressed and "discriminated", would come. I think it has come. Because if we live by the majority principle, it cannot be that a shrinking minority demands the growing majority to endlessly limit itself on behalf of protecting the minority's demand to not be discriminated in such a way. The burden of consequences must be reversed if the majority-minority ratio between those with and those witout vaccination flips over.

Masks should remain mandatory in enclosed compartments like supermarkets and non-open public spaces (office buildings etc), no mmatter the vaccination status. Else you need to control in person every single individual walking somewhere, and that is not practicable. Shops and warehouses should control - by entry restrictions - the number of customers in their rooms, depending on the size of the warehouse or shop. The contorl on entry of vaccinaiton passports or test results done in recent hours, as well as click-and-meet, should be scrapped, I always considered it to be duds. Personally, I am willing to wait a minute or two at the entry until somebody else has left, but making a date via internet in advance to go into a shop - I have not done that and I will not do that. Too complicated. The type of shop should be irrelevant. The room size, the sqm, should be the only criterion deciding how many customers can be inside at any time. Good air exchange or filtering should be mandatory, of course.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-11-21 at 11:05 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 11:38 AM   #7502
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

This virus is indeed intelligent. Every time our scientist develop a cure it mutate and make the vaccine less effective.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 01:33 PM   #7503
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I think its time to move beyond the "Inzidenzrate" (incidence rate?) in countries with signficant vaccination numbers.

Herd immunity will nowhere ever be reached. Not with this virus. I never believed that.
But one would expect that with vaccination, the number of infections might be however it is, but the percentages of the infected being admissioned to hospital, going to die, or even just forming noticable symptoms, to be much lower. And an infection that does not translate into a noticable cause with symptoms, in the bigger picture does not weigh that heavy anymore. As long as infections saw the past admission to hospital rates, there was the risk of ICUs getting overwhelmed. If the vaccination campaign has made any sense, this should no longer be the case anymore.

On the other hand stands the enormous economic costs if going into lockdown for a fourth time. Many smaller businesses cannot afford that anymore, and will break under that burden. This will change the looks of town and city centres forever. It will ruin many cities of smaller proprotions and towns who already are overdebted. It will form financial fallout of even worse proportions than it already did. And it will increase the appetite of politicians to abuse the politics of fear for granting the state ever more powers and dismantling freedoms not temporarily, but forever. To allow governing the people more comfortably from top to down.

We should concentrate on hospital admission rates instead of incidence rates, therefore.

The price is that if a new mutation appears (and there will be more mutations), reaction times will be smaller for the health authorities, if need for measures may be. The price also is leaving out considering Long Covid a desease and complication serious enough to justify serious public health measures and even more ecnomic carnage.

This decision cannot be made continent-wide, say all of the US or all of the EU. It must be made for smaller regions, say federal states (US) and nations (EU).

Non-vaccinated should be considered to be prohibited from super-regional travelling via public transport. Also, foreigners from other countries with low vaccination rates, should be prohibited to enter - this should have been the case constantly since over one year already, not just a few countries doing that and for only some weeks or months. This is what quarantines are about, and no, you cannot make it right for just every single individual's taste. The bigger picture is what counts here.

I always knew that the time when vaccination-refusers must be pressed and "discriminated", would come. I think it has come. Because if we live by the majority principle, it cannot be that a shrinking minority demands the growing majority to endlessly limit itself on behalf of protecting the minority's demand to not be discriminated in such a way. The burden of consequences must be reversed if the majority-minority ratio between those with and those witout vaccination flips over.

Masks should remain mandatory in enclosed compartments like supermarkets and non-open public spaces (office buildings etc), no mmatter the vaccination status. Else you need to control in person every single individual walking somewhere, and that is not practicable. Shops and warehouses should control - by entry restrictions - the number of customers in their rooms, depending on the size of the warehouse or shop. The contorl on entry of vaccinaiton passports or test results done in recent hours, as well as click-and-meet, should be scrapped, I always considered it to be duds. Personally, I am willing to wait a minute or two at the entry until somebody else has left, but making a date via internet in advance to go into a shop - I have not done that and I will not do that. Too complicated. The type of shop should be irrelevant. The room size, the sqm, should be the only criterion deciding how many customers can be inside at any time. Good air exchange or filtering should be mandatory, of course.
I can and will concur with that.

One problem being.....how many governments will.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 03:05 PM   #7504
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I can and will concur with that.

One problem being.....how many governments will.

You do huh? Have you considered what the vonSkybird Plan would mean for places like the New York or maybe London Subway system during the morning rush hour? Individual papers checks? There would be people still waiting in line to go to work last week!

The only way this massive impediment to movement could possibly sorta work is if everyone was forced to display some kind of ID card all the time. At minimum a picture ID (but perhaps in Teutonic efficiency they could also be color coded or shaped differently, or maybe both, yellow triangles or pink stars or something, in order to more quickly identify and target the unauthorized...) and a literal army to manage and enforce it.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 03:35 PM   #7505
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You do huh? Have you considered what the vonSkybird Plan would mean for places like the New York or maybe London Subway system during the morning rush hour? Individual papers checks? There would be people still waiting in line to go to work last week!

The only way this massive impediment to movement could possibly sorta work is if everyone was forced to display some kind of ID card all the time. At minimum a picture ID (but perhaps in Teutonic efficiency they could also be color coded or shaped differently, or maybe both, yellow triangles or pink stars or something, in order to more quickly identify and target the unauthorized...) and a literal army to manage and enforce it.
This.

Such pressure to take a vaccine that is so safe it isn't approved by any health authority for other than emergency use. For a virus so deadly that 99+% of those who catch it survive with no after-effects. We even have studies showing that "ling covid" is likely psychosomatic for many of those claiming to have it - how else to explain those claiming to have it without them also having antigens nor antibodies?

The latest scare tactic is a woman in Belgium who just died after catching two different strains at the same time. She was 90... She died in March and they're just now reporting it.

Lots of those stories, but very little about kids and young adults dying or severely disabled after taking vaccines. Only the AZ one has received serious coverage.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 10:03 AM   #7506
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

“National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases head Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that he favored coronavirus vaccine mandates on a “local level.” Anchor Jake Tapper said, “You know, people who are vaccinated individuals have to wear masks on airplanes because airplanes don’t want to mandate that you have to be vaccinated to fly. I know you’ve been very clear that the government isn’t mandating vaccines, but do you think it’s generally a good idea for businesses or schools to require vaccinations?” Fauci said, “I have been of this opinion, and I remain of that opinion, that I do believe at the local level, Jake, there should be more mandates. There really should be. We’re talking about life and death situations. We have lost 600,000 Americans already, and we’re still losing more people. There have been 4 million deaths worldwide. This is serious business. So I am in favor of that. One of the things that will happen, and I think the hesitancy at the local level of doing mandates, is because the vaccines have not been officially fully approved. But people need to understand that the amount of data right now that shows a high degree of effectiveness and a high degree of safety is more than we’ve ever seen with the emergency use authorization, so these vaccines are as good as officially approved with all the Is dotted and Ts crossed. It hasn’t been done yet because the FDA has to do certain things. But it’s as good as done. So people should really understand that. But they are waiting now until you get an official approval before. And I think when you do see the official approval, you’ll see a lot more mandates.”

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 11:51 AM   #7507
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
“National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases head Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that he favored coronavirus vaccine mandates on a “local level.” Anchor Jake Tapper said, “You know, people who are vaccinated individuals have to wear masks on airplanes because airplanes don’t want to mandate that you have to be vaccinated to fly. I know you’ve been very clear that the government isn’t mandating vaccines, but do you think it’s generally a good idea for businesses or schools to require vaccinations?” Fauci said, “I have been of this opinion, and I remain of that opinion, that I do believe at the local level, Jake, there should be more mandates. There really should be. We’re talking about life and death situations. We have lost 600,000 Americans already, and we’re still losing more people. There have been 4 million deaths worldwide. This is serious business. So I am in favor of that. One of the things that will happen, and I think the hesitancy at the local level of doing mandates, is because the vaccines have not been officially fully approved. But people need to understand that the amount of data right now that shows a high degree of effectiveness and a high degree of safety is more than we’ve ever seen with the emergency use authorization, so these vaccines are as good as officially approved with all the Is dotted and Ts crossed. It hasn’t been done yet because the FDA has to do certain things. But it’s as good as done. So people should really understand that. But they are waiting now until you get an official approval before. And I think when you do see the official approval, you’ll see a lot more mandates.”
Fauci needs to go. Completely untrustworthy.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 01:59 PM   #7508
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:

Now that brings back memories of Europe not all that many years ago

Old 07-12-21, 02:01 PM   #7509
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-12-21, 02:03 PM   #7510
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-12-21, 02:25 PM   #7511
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Corona versus Influenza.
During a time frame of 16 month around 128,431 British citizens has died either from of with Corona. Wonder how many have died from or with Influenza during a time frame of 16 month

Markus

Old 07-12-21, 04:37 PM   #7512
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

France introduces compulsory corona vaccination for health and care workers. Macron justified this in a televised address on Monday with the rapid spread of the delta variant. All employees of hospitals, old people's or nursing homes have to be vaccinated by September 15th at the latest, he says. Otherwise, according to Health Minister Oliver Véran, they will no longer be able to work and will no longer be paid.

Shortly before, Greece had also announced that it would be compulsory to vaccinate. According to Prime Minister Mitsotakis, it will apply to employees in old people's homes from mid-August on and to the health sector in general from September 1st on.

Singapore plans a drastic policy change and mulls to treat corona like any seasonal flu.
Old 07-12-21, 11:03 PM   #7513
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Corona versus Influenza.
During a time frame of 16 month around 128,431 British citizens has died either from of with Corona. Wonder how many have died from or with Influenza during a time frame of 16 month

Markus

Spanish Flu of 1919. British deaths 228,000.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 09:51 AM   #7514
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Spanish Flu of 1919. British deaths 228,000.
Yes The Spanish Flu was a real killer. I was merely thinking in modern years like season 2015/2016 influenza season or similar.
How many British citizens lose they life to the Flu on average.

Markus

Old 07-13-21, 10:32 AM   #7515
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Somewhere out there in the free and not so free world resides a "Think Tank"
with today's deep thought ...

"How can we make some money off of this pandemic"?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan