SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-10-14, 11:08 PM   #1
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Enigma Rising Tide is now available on Subsim!

After an inquiry as to the status of the game, it has been uploaded by der Onkel.

Here is the link to the page.

Now we can all enjoy this and maybe there'll be some more players.
Old 03-10-14, 11:26 PM   #2
TG626
Lieutenant

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 3

Windows, android, iOS, Mac, what?
Old 03-10-14, 11:33 PM   #3
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG626 View Post
Windows, android, iOS, Mac, what?
Windows. Don't know about Mac.

It's in the .iso format so it will need some configuring before you can play it. There is a guide on the download page.
Old 04-17-14, 02:55 AM   #4
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344

That game never really reached its planned goals. It was suppose to be a huge online multiplayer game where players could command any platform they wanted and go out into the game world. A merchant transiting convoy routes, a sub hunting merchies, a warship, etc. Supposedly players from all over the world could interact online in the game, or some lofty goal like that. However, they had all sorts of problems. Limited funds, limited programmers, getting everything to work together....it was a massive undertaking, but eventually it was too much and I think they just gave up and left the game as is. I haven't checked it out in quite awhile so I don't know for sure where the game is at now. Still, it was a pretty cool game.

CC
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-14, 03:09 AM   #5
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Thanks, Neal
Old 06-01-14, 06:48 PM   #6
Julian
Sailor man

Downloads: 271
Default Enigma Rising Tide - NO PLAY ON WINDOWS 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
After an inquiry as to the status of the game, it has been uploaded by der Onkel.

Here is the link to the page.

Now we can all enjoy this and maybe there'll be some more players.
I got the game. Tried to install it. But it won't run on Windows 7. Anyway I can get to install the game. It was a great sims back in Windows XP. Windows 7 won't allow it to install...not compatible...
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-15, 11:29 AM   #7
swellfella
Seaman

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
Windows 7 won't allow it to install...not compatible...
Don't know what the issue is, Julian, but Enigma runs exceedingly well on my Win 7 Ultimate with nary a blip. It's one of my all time favorites. And as I've mentioned somewhere on these boards, it's voice command feature stands up quite nicely, thank you, with top draw navel issues of far more sophisticated graphics, gameplay, etc. I remember being blown away at being able to issue orders through a microphone, and have the game respond.

This may also be of passing interest:
I have EZbuilder, MissionBuilder, and TaskforceGenerater (all executables) in my Enigma folder, placed for safe keeping. For the life of me I don't recall how and what each did or whether I ever ran them, tho I'm sure I did--but this was, as I say, some time ago. When I did try to run them preparing for this post, I received this in response: The program can't start because libIGCore.dll is missing from your computer. Don't know if this is a Win 7 issue or otherwise.

Dose anyone have any sense of what this is? Better yet how to rsolve it? I had no luck in googling. It would be great to get these buried gems operating. Perhaps East would have an idea.

Sorry for being so wordy, but hadn't posted in many moons, guess I'm making up for lost time. Hope we can get Julian up to speed, and hope we can get these other files going. Long Live Enigma!
Old 02-21-15, 06:12 PM   #8
foz
Soundman

Downloads: 220

maybe try an older version of direct x , [ has happened to me with some games ] . good to see some playing older games , just about to play quake III while son plays battlefield 4 .
foz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 12:19 PM   #9
swellfella
Seaman

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by foz View Post
...try an older version of direct x...
You're in the ball park, foz, in that it is a directx reference. And much thanks to succorpunch who graciously supplied the missing .dll which allowed me to at least open the files....well, partially.
Though I received an Access Violation... to one, Exception in module...in another, and the third, Taskforce Generator, actually opened with no issues, far as I can tell.

I plan to persue this further. It would be as close to modding Engma as you could get were a way found to actually generate customized mission. Of course, I'm assuming there would be sufficient interest to warrant such an endevor. We'll see.

Tags
enigma, enigma rising tide