SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-27-21, 12:47 PM   #3481
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Sanford View Post
I know man. My wife and kids can even barely go out. They miss the outdoors, and I understand their frustration. Heck, for what it's worth, this virus did something that my former job couldn't, make me spend more time with them. Luckily, the kids share my enthusiasm when it comes to simulations. While I dig subsims, they prefer truck sims, just imagine that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Sanford View Post
What am I doing in real life?

Chilling out at home, watching TV with the family, buying a new set of tires from 4WheelOnline, and applying a new paint job on my truck, just in time for our upcoming road trip.
Well U said the kids "like truck sims" so wear your masks. I gotta revamp my ol' trukken career, rent a camper, and head East 3000 miles on I-80 to my own nephew's wedding. At age 70, I'll certainly be doing it by slow turns & solo as the wife doesn't care to leave the house; and someone has to feed the cats! I won't fly on any aircraft during the Covid lockdown. Hopefully I'll be half-vaccinated by then....but I'm certainly Biden my time on that??!!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 04:25 PM   #3482
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Icon9

A "thank U" to all taxpayers I just noted a $10.00 raise on my Social Security direct deposit...errrr wait a sec...I still pay taxes on that $tipend! NEVERMIND!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 01-31-21, 02:22 PM   #3483
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Moira just found an old painting of mine om eBay... I'm described as a "desirable artist"
Old 01-31-21, 02:32 PM   #3484
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Moira just found an old painting of mine om eBay... I'm described as a "desirable artist"

That's awesome, Eichhörnchen. Your work is great but don't let it go to your head. You're only slightly desirable as far as the bilge crew is concerned but you're ok.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 03:14 PM   #3485
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Very Cool Mate!
Just finished a demolition job in Erie, PA where I was told I was the requested Guy to do it.
Seems the original Guy backed out so the Supervisor requested me.
(He wanted me all along but We did not bid the job)
Old 01-31-21, 03:26 PM   #3486
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Very Cool Mate!
Just finished a demolition job in Erie, PA where I was told I was the requested Guy to do it.
Seems the original Guy backed out so the Supervisor requested me.
(He wanted me all along but We did not bid the job)
ALLRIGHT! ALLRIGHT! so you're a desirable Big Bang theorist! Now... how's 'bout that Stone Mountain GA job and political correctness I requested ??!!

Old 01-31-21, 04:04 PM   #3487
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

The blasting plans are still in process for approval.
Old 01-31-21, 04:20 PM   #3488
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
The blasting plans are still in process for approval.
I'd be Stonewallin' to Leeward iffn' I didn't point out U R probably 's MasterBlaster! Remember 2 B careful; there might be picnickers a'gazin' whilst agrazin' ardently upon their godlike Rebel Triumvirate! "Ol' times there R not forgot..." even as we over-correct with PC mania!

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-31-21 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-31-21, 04:28 PM   #3489
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Much of the work demands security and secrecy.
Drilling is planned out as night time work.
To contain the blast debris requires miles of chain link fencing being dropped at the proper moment in coordination with access being shut off to tourists.
I'm under the impression spot lights will be use to blind anyone looking at the area at night.
This would be said to provide protection and security to the area while the REAL work is going on.
Old 02-05-21, 11:33 AM   #3490
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Celebrating the neighbors from hell moved out opening up about eight parking places on the street and removing the chain smoker from right outside our windows.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 06:26 AM   #3491
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

^ Were they made to leave?
Old 02-18-21, 11:45 AM   #3492
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

My front yard at a previously undisclosed location and will remain that way till my debts are paid lol

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Last edited by Mr Quatro; 02-18-21 at 02:07 PM.
Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 12:36 PM   #3493
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

/\ "shiver me timbers matey"! All that damn snow! I'm awaiting a socially distanced call from my tax preparer of many decades..."shiver me wallet matey" ...with the performance(s) in DC lately, WTF am I paying 4 anyhow??! EDIT: My taxman just checked in; and I don't owe a dime on my two government 'stimulous checks' either to the state or the Fed...although why anyone in my tax bracket would get $uch is beyond my comprehension... and I'm due for a refund this year!

Last edited by Aktungbby; 02-24-21 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-05-21, 03:21 PM   #3494
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Genuine pain in the Aß: So, after a bad night with a sore shoulder from my Covid Vaccination, I get a phone text message this AM that my cell phone bill $43.07 is overdue...I've never missed one in nearly 40 years of anal retentive, meticulous, bill paying-always by cheque... never on line. . Off I go to pay cash at the local Verizon outlet: and then, go to the bank to stop the check. But, no banker being available I decided to hold off and let them credit my account if and when the check clears. The Verizon guy said all mailed checks go to Texas and the the big chill might have slowed postal service... blame it on the weather ??!!

Old 03-20-21, 02:32 PM   #3495
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

I guess I am a grandfather again. This morning at 5:54 am Murphy Andrew was born. He weighed 7lbs 9oz. Murphy and mom Riley are doing great. We made a quick trip to Halifax this morning and will be here when the little guy gets home tomorrow.

Everybody is pretty excited.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote