SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-21, 10:05 PM   #826
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsanjaya View Post
August 1943 from Lorient. And starting from inside the base.
Quite the adventure on my first try, which I just got to do, due to time constraints, but the handling of the boat was impossible to tell:

I don't know if you see the exhaust flying out of the ports, but I'm at Ahead Flank there, not moving... We are in the first sub pen, first stall (A??)...

Another angle:

... and a third:

So, the IXD2 spawns into the Lorient sub pen in this instance, merged into the back wall of the dock... We'll definitely have to move that spawn-in location... sigh. When we get finished with FotRSU, we'll attempt to send some edits off to Fifi for an update or patch file... In the meantime, I am gong to assume that you did not spawn into that particular location?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 10:16 PM   #827
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Quite the adventure on my first try, which I just got to do, due to time constraints, but the handling of the boat was impossible to tell:

So, the IXD2 spawns into the Lorient sub pen in this instance, merged into the back wall of the dock... We'll definitely have to move that spawn-in location... sigh. When we get finished with FotRSU, we'll attempt to send some edits off to Fifi for an update or patch file... In the meantime, I am gong to assume that you did not spawn into that particular location?
Hey, those pens stood up to massive bombing you think a couple of measly diesel engines are going to stop that concrete's hold on the boat ! Dammit Hans, I told you to move the boat before they poured that mud !
Hang in there !
Old 01-27-21, 12:12 AM   #828
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re 08/43 IX-D2 career start @ Lorient...

Quote:

I don't know if you see the exhaust flying out of the ports, but I'm at Ahead Flank there, not moving... We are in the first sub pen, first stall (A??)...

Another angle:

... and a third:

Ahoy...

I attempted a start in the IX-D2, @ Lorient... inside the pen... & ended up with the same end result... tried to leave & sank the boat... it weren't budging... it tore itself apart.

On the plus side... starting out to sea, allows for the career to start off... without damages to the uboat.

But.. be warned, I got jumped thrice, by aircraft... 2 Sunderlands (if I recall it right, these were known of as... short sunderlands... in SHO I believe it was... or was that SH3... any who...) & a wellington bomber.... 1 Sunderland, right after I spawned... avoided that 1, & managed to NOT take any damage....

cleared that hurdle... just before sunset, got jumped by the Wellington... took a bit of slap & tickle.. managed to get the wee bit o' damages patched up w/o further incident....

That 2nd Sunderland... welp.. it did Me in..... took major damages, despite diving as deep as I was able to & NOT ram the bottom... depth was only like... 75-78 meters.... stopped short of scraping the bottom clean of any barnacles... took a hard turn to port, to fool the plane into dropping whatever it was they dropped/fired... but took a hit between diesels & electric motors section with 1 of what they drop/fired... an the other hit around the control room area... ended up with 5 dead... an grounded out on the bottom... awaiting to see if the damage repair can get Me fixed up, so as to make a run back to base... shessh... getting out there is a nightmare...

End report...

M. M.

p.s John,

Hanz the guy who poured that concrete needs to be shipped out to zee Ost front... post haste... else that, or a firing squad... or keel hauled...

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 01-27-21 at 06:57 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 05:18 AM   #829
alexsanjaya
Watch

Downloads: 26
Icon14

Quote:

Another angle:

... and a third:

aach so that is the problem. Thank You for checking that out, hopefully it can be rectified
alexsanjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 05:22 AM   #830
alexsanjaya
Watch

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post

Hanz the guy who poured that concrete needs to be shipped out to zee Ost front... post haste... else that, or a firing squad... or keel hauled...

Hanz klingt wie ein Spionagesaboteur Now if only I could find grandpa old Karbine (Model 1943 - 1944) to deal with Hanz
alexsanjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 02:29 PM   #831
propbeanie

Poor Hanz had sneezed, and then fell into the forms, buried in his handiwork... as they say, he really got into his work... In the meantime, foreman Bernard is the one who tried to hide the accident, and should be the one (or a dozen) sent to the eastern front. He cannot be found... Rumor has it though, that he is actually a deep undercover spy / agent, working for MI-666, and is possibly a stowaway on a Type IXD2 boat, somewhere in the Indian Ocean now...

Old 01-27-21, 02:44 PM   #832
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Poor Hanz had sneezed, and then fell into the forms, buried in his handiwork... as they say, he really got into his work... In the meantime, foreman Bernard is the one who tried to hide the accident, and should be the one (or a dozen) sent to the eastern front. He cannot be found... Rumor has it though, that he is actually a deep undercover spy / agent, working for MI-666, and is possibly a stowaway on a Type IXD2 boat, somewhere in the Indian Ocean now...
Should have guessed Bernard was involved:
"I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below
They buried me in that tomb that knows no sound
But I am still around
I'll always be around,…"
Old 02-03-21, 10:02 AM   #833
RandomSubRat
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Awesome mod, great work! I encountered a small problem and hopefully someone here will be able to help me. It's 6th june 1940, im in 1st flotilla (hoorah for IIb boats) and the game doesnt let me depart. When im trying to start a new patrol im getting a message "Error: objective not found" and there is no start button. Is there any way to save my career or am i stuck in my room in Kiel forever?
RandomSubRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 10:54 AM   #834
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomSubRat View Post
Awesome mod, great work! I encountered a small problem and hopefully someone here will be able to help me. It's 6th june 1940, im in 1st flotilla (hoorah for IIb boats) and the game doesnt let me depart. When im trying to start a new patrol im getting a message "Error: objective not found" and there is no start button. Is there any way to save my career or am i stuck in my room in Kiel forever?
Ahoy Kaleun Rat,

welcome to Subsim.

if you are driving a IIb out of Kiel in June 1940, you should have been given a choice to upgrade of retire out.

let me look a bit deeper at the boat progressions and reply later.

in the meantime, can you send your configuration using JSGME Mod-List?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 11:16 AM   #835
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Greetings; if i may, i have a quick question to run by you:
if memory serves right, system limitations of SH4 prevented the snorkel to work as intended. Is this the case (still) ?
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 11:54 AM   #836
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
if memory serves right, system limitations of SH4 prevented the snorkel to work as intended. Is this the case (still) ?
i believe the snorkel works...for the engines only.
it will not supply O2 to the crew.
i have not used the snorkel in a very long time so i cannot remember any details.
why do you think it does not work?

LAA enabled
Old 02-03-21, 11:59 AM   #837
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
well, i mimiced your career as much as i could and i have a totally different result.
after completing a mission in early June 1940, i was assigned another mission (June 21) but the patrol zone was off the coast of Australia. But on the good side, my base was still Kiel.

we have had other similar reports of far flung patrol zones but i am not familiar with the "objective not found". let me do a bit more checking.

it would still be instructive to know your DW-JSGME config.

LAA enabled
Old 02-03-21, 12:06 PM   #838
propbeanie

Quote:
Two things most likely:
1. Failure to clear the Save folder
2. (most likely) Bad assignment
There are two sets of North Sea assignments. One for the IIB, and one for the IIC. However, as much as the game likes to run over dates, you might have a North Sea assignment that is dated prior to March 31, 1940, and not one you can use in June. To check that, open the Save folder and check the CareerTrack.upc. This is generally found in "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4 \data \cfg \SaveGames \000000xx \CareerTrack.upc", or by use of the "Documents" shortcut in File Explorer, and then the SH4 path. If you have used MultiSH4, that would change the name of the SH4 save folder, of course. You want to find the numbered folder ("000000xx" above) with the latest date. Open the CareerTrack.upc with a plain text editor, such as Notepad, or Nortpad++, and look for the line "PlayerCurrentObjectiveCode= WhateverTheAssignment", which in your case will either be "NorthSea2" or "T2_Shetlands". Let us know what you do have though, or if you hadn't emptied the Save folder prior to starting Dark Waters. Your sub does pass to Training on June 15, 1940, and in theory, you should be re-assigned to a Type IIC after that date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
The snorkel "works", but it doesn't... ie: You will still experience CO2 build-up in the submarine, and will have to surface to clear that...

Old 02-03-21, 12:15 PM   #839
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
The snorkel "works", but it doesn't... ie: You will still experience CO2 build-up in the submarine, and will have to surface to clear that...
Sounds more like realistic vs. it not working to me.
Old 02-03-21, 12:59 PM   #840
RandomSubRat
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked the savefile, objective code=T2_Shetlands. I reloaded a couple of times and tried to wait and finish patrol in july. Didnt work. I also loaded earlier save and got to Kiel before june and it kinda worked. It's 20th of may, i can start next mission (yay) but they send me and my cute,little boat to scout Perth (boo).Also, the mission briefing is in french. I'm running vanilla DW without any additional mods.
RandomSubRat is offline   Reply With Quote