SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-23, 12:25 AM   #46
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Ok I am back to NYGME and I dunno why I just like it plus my personal mods are all geared for it.

I touched up the brighter recognition manual a bit as some pics were over exposed and others a bit dark.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ekm8e...Manual.7z/file

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 04-12-23 at 03:31 PM.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-23, 03:27 PM   #47
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Brighter recognition manual stopped working with recent NYGME releases.Here is a fixed version for anyone interested.This fix is only needed if you use ARB GUI.Stock NYGME uses DGUI Hardcore which works perfectly....though I must say I have no idea how that is.

Anyway here ya go

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ybvrn...Manual.7z/file
Old 04-12-23, 04:03 PM   #48
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
In NYGM the sonar doesnt give range anymore so that is great.But just popping up periscope and then back to nav map and target new location is marked and easily tracked allowing a bit too accurate ships course from far away.What if you leave the sonar dotted line but remove only the surface ship icons?

When submerged and pressing identify the SO speaks but the WO cant as he is now inside the sub.But submerged with scope up and the target icon still gets marked on map as if the WO is inputting this info still.

Removing the surface map icons and to plot course on surface you ask WO for nearest visual contact,he gives bearing and range and you mark on map with info given.Wait a bit and ask again and mark etc.Yes WO is still too accurate but instead of just marking the target box for location you must use the tools and take his bearing and range and then mark.Its a bit more involved.

Then when submerged the WO can no longer give his super accurate range as he is inside of sub and with surface ship icons removed you are now on your own in regards to range.....which some say doesn't matter

Quick simple answer, keep weapon officer assistance on and when you lock on to the ship, get him to identify it for you and click the name of the ship on the notepad, it will auto flip to the exact page in the rec manual so you don't have to go scrolling through it. You can still do manual targeting, just use him to identify only. As for the darkness thats the UI that Fifi and NYGM players prefer and I did say his mod was more tailored to hardcore manual targeting players.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-23, 04:25 PM   #49
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
Quick simple answer, keep weapon officer assistance on and when you lock on to the ship, get him to identify it for you and click the name of the ship on the notepad, it will auto flip to the exact page in the rec manual so you don't have to go scrolling through it. You can still do manual targeting, just use him to identify only. As for the darkness thats the UI that Fifi and NYGM players prefer and I did say his mod was more tailored to hardcore manual targeting players.

Thanks but the ARB version that NYGM uses is 4.0 where the notepad was removed and replaced by Ujagd.The one that Onealex uses is iirc ARB 3.0 and does have the notepad.I ran with 3.0 for a bit in NYGME but I grown to like how 4.0 looks.
Old 04-12-23, 04:50 PM   #50
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Thanks but the ARB version that NYGM uses is 4.0 where the notepad was removed and replaced by Ujagd.The one that Onealex uses is iirc ARB 3.0 and does have the notepad.I ran with 3.0 for a bit in NYGME but I grown to like how 4.0 looks.
Whatever floats your boat, I only mentioned it because you were making quite the scene about earlier in the thread and didn't know if you knew that or not.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-23, 05:00 PM   #51
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
Whatever floats your boat, I only mentioned it because you were making quite the scene about earlier in the thread and didn't know if you knew that or not.

Quite the scene? I guess I may have been a bit overwhelmed when I first came back to SH3 LOL.My eye sight being one thing and then the dark manual threw me for a loop.But I purchased reading glasses and its all good now.
Old 04-23-23, 06:20 PM   #52
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Icon7

Something I kept noticing when using ARB WideGUI in NYGME(might not be an issue in stock vanilla SH3) was that it seemed to have 2 reticles super imposed with one over the other.I made them both blank and the stock vanilla reticles are there.Seems hardcoded in engine as there is no image file texture to alter.Any reticle image you place in game gets placed over the stock vanilla reticles causing the double range tick marks etc.
https://ratfactor.com/images/uboats/sh3-boom1.jpg
The pic above is vanilla reticle for attack scope and is exactly what this mod changes the reticles to look like.All I did was add in the numbers 10 at the 10 tick mark spots as it wasn't showing in game.From what I gather stock vanilla SH3 reticle is exact replica of what you see in "many" old WW2 german submarine pics.Its not cluttered and so easy to range ships with. https://www.westpalmbeach.com/wp-con.../06/U-Boat.jpg

Stock SH3 reticle matches with the ARB 6x attack scope perfectly so works for range as intended but ARB also changes the OBS scope to 6x.Luckily the game engine auto changes it to use the correct 6x reticule.So its the same reticule for OBS and attack scope as its hardcoded in engine.

The UZO reticle is also stock vanilla 7x and is where we have a slight problem.NYGME changes the UZO to 8x so it is slightly off the 7x reticle of stock SH3 game.I must add here to please do not bother Fifi with this mod.

Well after fixing this I decided to try to bring back the rigged for red lighting that was missing in ARB.UZO at night is darker while attack and OBS scopes are darker and red same as with nav map.I particulary like the surface attacks with UZO.

I made the attack scope actually dark at night to simulate the fact that the OBS scope was also called the night scope.The smaller head of attack scope lets in less light and when sun goes down its hard to use.

I also fixed the dark recognition manual thingy.

Again this is not Fifi's mod so do not bother the man.I tested it vigorously so it should work but SH3 is finicky AF!!! I made some "simpler" to use bearing and line tools and it would crash game until I found out for some reason my uniforms mod I was using was conflicting.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nh3fa...weaked.7z/file
Old 04-24-23, 01:55 AM   #53
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

While you are at fixing things in ARB... you should try to fix all the charts & maps & flags visible UNDER all the dials

(the recon book is still dark even with changing semicolon in menu ini)

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-23, 02:18 AM   #54
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Argghh the recognition manual works but I have it as a separate mod and is why I did not notice it was missing.

The charts and flags etc though is beyond my comprehension as of now.Its a layers thing and comes down to how the mod was setup.I'll look a bit for a clue but doubt I will find anything....I'm not a wizard Fifi....I am just a truck driver with a long lay off and time to spare! Do you know if the original ARB mod had this issue of floating dials? I guess I can look but thats for tomorrow.......
Old 04-24-23, 09:46 AM   #55
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Default ARB Onealex

If you want your manual to be normal use the files of the ARB Onealex
I think it's the work of CapZap1970 & s7rikeback on the salve label..
Many thanks to them for the correction.
ARB vers 0.8 parfaitement fonctionnelle sur Onealex 1.53 screens:thx Captaines for the work

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 04-24-23 at 11:01 AM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-23, 11:19 AM   #56
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

the problem that Fifi has exposed is the same on this personal version I would place the flags file on the main map like Diego it doesn't bother me...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-23, 01:16 PM   #57
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 257
Uploads: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
If you want your manual to be normal use the files of the ARB Onealex
I think it's the work of CapZap1970 & s7rikeback on the salve label..
Many thanks to them for the correction.
ARB vers 0.8 parfaitement fonctionnelle sur Onealex 1.53 screens:thx Captaines for the work
My pleasure Kal!
Old 04-26-23, 01:23 AM   #58
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Anyone have a clue as to why the estimated time to impact doesnt always show on Ujagd and chronometer?I am close to removing all the charts from the 3 scopes so the bug where the charts pass under the dials is just not there anymore.

With the flag chart I decided to steal the chronometer function as its always on top and its not really usable as the Ujagd serves same function.So I got flag chart on main screen now but I noticed that the estimated impact min and second lines was missing on ujagd.BUT I just tested it now with just base DGUI and its also missing the estimated lines.

EDIT and now the lines are showing again in DGUI!!! Arghhh

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 04-26-23 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-26-23, 05:00 AM   #59
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Anyone have a clue as to why the estimated time to impact doesnt always show on Ujagd and chronometer?I am close to removing all the charts from the 3 scopes so the bug where the charts pass under the dials is just not there anymore.

With the flag chart I decided to steal the chronometer function as its always on top and its not really usable as the Ujagd serves same function.So I got flag chart on main screen now but I noticed that the estimated impact min and second lines was missing on ujagd.BUT I just tested it now with just base DGUI and its also missing the estimated lines.

Estimate times on chronometers are in menu.ini
Good luck changing anything in there
They are always working in DGUI hardcore …

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-23, 07:50 AM   #60
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 429
Icon10

Quote:

I kind of think it adds to the suspense of the anticipated hit.

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote