SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-07-20, 11:52 AM   #361
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

I have 8GB of ram. That should be enough.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 12:48 PM   #362
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

It should. I have 16.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 02:24 PM   #363
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

grrr now. I've found other people having the same problem as me but with GWX and SH3. But it was a mod that messed up a smoke file.
LOTS of the forums I am reading say that they have a smoke mod that messed up the game.
Or I am missing the correct materials.dat file.

EDIT: Looking through the tex folders, both TNormal and TLowRes, I only see explosion and fire dds and tga files. No smoke files.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!

Last edited by Texas Red; 05-07-20 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-07-20, 04:54 PM   #364
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Default Problem Solved!

I fixed the problem now!

I just switched from the Ubisoft version I was using and I went to Steam and it worked!

Thank you so much guys!

Even though you didn't do much, lol.

Cannot wait to try out this mod!

Old 05-09-20, 11:29 AM   #365
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Default Small Problem

After a few save-games, I was running along the Eastern British coast, trying to make my way to AN51. I quit the game and went to play it again today only for it to hang around the "Please-Wait" thing after a save-game has finished loading. I looked at the save-game file size and saw that the size is 1.59 MB which is pretty small to me, maybe that is super big to you guys.

I have applied LAA to the .exe so it can use more RAM, but that hasn't fixed anything.
Any way to fix this @Fifi?

Old 05-09-20, 01:03 PM   #366
Fifi
Navy Seal

I’m sorry to hear you are very unlucky with this mod.
Corrupted save file? It can be as SH4 is unfortunately for us very prone to this
I used to make quite many saves from time to time to avoid this. Rolling back to previous always make the trick.
Old 05-09-20, 02:32 PM   #367
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Do you have any other mods besides Dark Waters activated? What you describe is not unlike running out of RAM for the game, which may or may not have anything to do with your computer RAM amount. Open LAA again, and make certain that it is indeed enabled on your SH4.exe file. If you are using the "Basic" configuration of LAA, there will be a checkmark in the "Step Two: Large Address Aware Flag" section. If there isn't, make certain that the SH4.exe is not write-protected. If that's all good, check for something running in the background of your computer that might possibly be "stealing" cycles. Windows Update on a Win10 machine can be a 'killer', so look if your computer is downloading an Update in the background before you start an SH4 session. SysTray can hold all sorts of culprits. Of course, do not shell-out to Windows if you can help it. I can't think of anything else, other than lack of adequate hard drive space, or the use of a 32-bit version of Windows, which can sometimes be worked around... ?? As for "smoke" textures, there are six "smoke" dds files in Stock and 10 in Dark Waters...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 03:42 PM   #368
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Do you have any other mods besides Dark Waters activated? What you describe is not unlike running out of RAM for the game, which may or may not have anything to do with your computer RAM amount. Open LAA again, and make certain that it is indeed enabled on your SH4.exe file. If you are using the "Basic" configuration of LAA, there will be a checkmark in the "Step Two: Large Address Aware Flag" section. If there isn't, make certain that the SH4.exe is not write-protected. If that's all good, check for something running in the background of your computer that might possibly be "stealing" cycles. Windows Update on a Win10 machine can be a 'killer', so look if your computer is downloading an Update in the background before you start an SH4 session. SysTray can hold all sorts of culprits. Of course, do not shell-out to Windows if you can help it. I can't think of anything else, other than lack of adequate hard drive space, or the use of a 32-bit version of Windows, which can sometimes be worked around... ?? As for "smoke" textures, there are six "smoke" DDS files in Stock and 10 in Dark Waters...
All I have enabled is the main Dark Waters mod, the Umark mod, OM_Warm Clothes, and the strategic map symbols mod. I didn't use the basic form of LAA, I made sure to tick the box. Plus I have a Windows 10 Home edition 64-bit. I don't have read-only enabled. And I doubt that an update was running in the background because I updated the computer like the same day, just a few hours apart from my previous save.
I will check though to make sure that nothing is running in the background.

Old 05-09-20, 03:46 PM   #369
propbeanie

With LAA, the box will "tick", and you can hit Save, but you don't know if it "took" until you open LAA again and look.

Old 05-09-20, 03:53 PM   #370
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

I opened the SH4.exe with LAA and it automatically ticked the box.

Old 05-09-20, 03:54 PM   #371
Fifi
Navy Seal

From memory about LAA, there is a 64 bits version and a 32 one, right? Correct me if I’m wrong ...
Are you sure you have the 64 bits?
Old 05-09-20, 03:58 PM   #372
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

No I'm not sure. I'll download the 64-bit one and see if that makes a difference.

Old 05-09-20, 03:59 PM   #373
propbeanie

That is the verification then the beast. The LAA Fifi is a 32-bit applet (if memory is not fading), but one version uses the dotNet Framework, while the other does not.

Old 05-09-20, 04:43 PM   #374
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

I used the proper one, the laa on this site in the middle. The LAA net frame one down at the bottom.
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/
I think I used the proper one though. It still didn't work

Old 05-10-20, 01:23 AM   #375
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That is the verification then the beast. The LAA Fifi is a 32-bit applet (if memory is not fading), but one version uses the dotNet Framework, while the other does not.
Thanks for the reminder