SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-08-20, 08:40 PM   #13111
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Cannot wait for the update!
What if we already have the Small Motor coaster mod enabled? Do we just disable the mod?

That is probably a n00b question though......

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 05:44 AM   #13112
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Cannot wait for the update!
What if we already have the Small Motor coaster mod enabled? Do we just disable the mod?

That is probably a n00b question though......
Yes, just disable the mod and delete it. Right now you can see new coaster only in museum and form the next update it will become part of the campaign as well...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 05:56 AM   #13113
LesBaker
Loader

Downloads: 521

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemeor View Post

in the game, the sound of the flak gun (anti-air) is horrible, do you know where i can find the file source to change it ? (because i don't find the file)

Hi nemeor,
here's a sound file of an actual 2cm C/30 firing, just extract and replace the current P02_$Mgun_muzzle_flash.wav file found in Data/Sound folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b3k5n8...flash.wav/file

Happy Hunting

Les
LesBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 06:52 AM   #13114
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaker View Post
Hi nemeor,
here's a sound file of an actual 2cm C/30 firing, just extract and replace the current P02_$Mgun_muzzle_flash.wav file found in Data/Sound folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b3k5n8...flash.wav/file

Happy Hunting

Les
Don´t bother with that soundfile, there is someone talking in the background. Very distracting.

But I agree, the sound we have in the game is not that good
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 07:06 AM   #13115
LesBaker
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
Don´t bother with that soundfile, there is someone talking in the background. Very distracting.

But I agree, the sound we have in the game is not that good

Hi Tonci87,
you must be confusing this file with somthing else there is no talking at all just the sound of the gun firing once.

Les
Old 05-09-20, 07:25 AM   #13116
Tonci87
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaker View Post
Hi Tonci87,
you must be confusing this file with somthing else there is no talking at all just the sound of the gun firing once.

Les
Listen closely, with headphones
Old 05-09-20, 08:51 AM   #13117
LesBaker
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
Listen closely, with headphones

Ok my appolgies the hearing must be getting bad, i've rescanned a sound clip from an original sound track of 'Die Deutsche wochenschau' that has no voices in it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ypdjom...flash.wav/file

enjoy

Les

Last edited by LesBaker; 05-09-20 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-09-20, 09:12 AM   #13118
nemeor
Nub

Downloads: 2
Default Thank you very much

Thanks !

VDR, can you add this to the wolves of steel ?

The game will be better !
nemeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 09:15 AM   #13119
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemeor View Post
Thanks !

VDR, can you add this to the wolves of steel ?

The game will be better !
It doesn't work in my game. The guns are "mute" from some reason...
Old 05-09-20, 09:16 AM   #13120
Tonci87
Captain

No it won´t. Yes, the sound does not have voices this time, but you can tell that it is an extract from an old Wochenschau.
The quality and compression is horrible. I can guarantee you that a 2cm FLAK does not sound like that in real life.

Also you have to be careful with simply replacing sounds. You will notice that the sound we have in game now is short. No echo, no fade, no reverb.
Why is that? Because it is a sound that is intended to basically play on repeat very fast, to be in synch with the firing animation and the bullets coming out of the gun. If you want to replace the sound, you essentially have to make one that has the same characteristics.
Old 05-09-20, 02:59 PM   #13121
Lugermann
Bosun

Downloads: 208

Superb, Vecko!

Thanks for your work
Old 05-09-20, 04:44 PM   #13122
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Awesome work, Vecko!

Waiting the update. I´m in St. Nazaire, waiting "updated" orders (I think these changes need a bunker start to work). It is as...a quarantine.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 05:28 PM   #13123
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Default The Wolves of Steel v2.2.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Awesome work, Vecko!

Waiting the update. I´m in St. Nazaire, waiting "updated" orders (I think these changes need a bunker start to work). It is as...a quarantine.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo
OK, so there you have it Fitz...

v2.2.18 Changelog:

- Added Kapuhy's "Ghost Ships Fix", a large number of equipment/deck crew improvements and fixes for many SH3/SH4 imported coastal and other vessels.
- Added set of improvements for "Operation Drumbeat" campaign proposed by Tonci87 (Flotilla objectives start/ending dates and instructional radio messages).
- Added special chart which contains corrections for manual local apparent noon latitude calculation in SH5/TWoS world, for Captains who wish to perform full manual navigation using built in sextant. (Charts-Real navigation-LAN corrections)
- Fixed long standing stock game/OHII problem where still inactive airbases would spawn airplane groups before airbase activation date.
- Implemented new ship type in proper gr2 format - Small Motor Coaster created by Kapuhy!
- Added network of coastal traffic lines for various war theaters in all campaigns which will be used by various coastal merchants, trawlers and other coastal vessels available in the game (UK, Scandinavia, France, Spain, Mediterranean ect).
- Redesigned traffic, convoys, ocean liners campaign layers and sea traffic lines for all campaign chapters.
- Added at least 30-40% more individual sea traffic (groups of 1 to 2 ships) for many previously unused harbors for all campaign chapter. Somewhat safe and protected waters will feel much more alive from now.
- Fixed large number of errors and oddities from stock and OHII campaign files. Added much more minor fixes and game improvement as well.
- Redesigned sea threat zones which will correctly redirect sea traffic during their journey. No more oddities like allied merchants near axis controlled ports/airspace or German supply ships in English channel.
- Added Type-XIV "milk-cow" sub to the German roster which will take part in submarine sea refitting operation between early 1942 to mid 1944.
- In addition to Dithmarschen Supply Ship, German auxiliary crusers and few other merchant types will from now take their role in U-boats replenishment operations as well.
- A big thank you for the latest outstanding TWoS supporters/donors:Thomas "excel4004" Pentenrieder, Peter "THEBERBSTER" Scott, Peter Tregear, Matthias Giebichenstein, Ioannis Voulimeneas, Attila Kriszt, Stanislav Shchebetov, Thomas R Flaherty, Javier Benedicto Higuera, Stefano "Procione"" Scalmani, Dale Francisco, Jacques Alary and John Wall.
- *Installation note: The update can be installed anytime but some of the changes may require fresh campaign restart in order to be activated. For Captains who do not wish to restart their current campaign changes will be activated at the beginning of the next campaign chapter.

Old 05-09-20, 06:26 PM   #13124
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post

Lockdown finished!

Many thanks! Downloading now.

Can I start from the bunker in St. Nazaire with the changes? Is it needed a full campaign chapter start or a bunker start running an actual chapter is possible?

I returned to base (runing Western Approachs) and I´m now in a St. Nazaire bunker.

Awesome work!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.

Last edited by fitzcarraldo; 05-09-20 at 11:28 PM.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 02:36 AM   #13125
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post

v2.2.18 Changelog:

- Added Kapuhy's "Ghost Ships Fix", a large number of equipment/deck crew improvements and fixes for many SH3/SH4 imported coastal and other vessels.
- Added set of improvements for "Operation Drumbeat" campaign proposed by Tonci87 (Flotilla objectives start/ending dates and instructional radio messages).
- Added special chart which contains corrections for manual local apparent noon latitude calculation in SH5/TWoS world, for Captains who wish to perform full manual navigation using built in sextant. (Charts-Real navigation-LAN corrections)
- Fixed long standing stock game/OHII problem where still inactive airbases would spawn airplane groups before airbase activation date.
- Implemented new ship type in proper gr2 format - Small Motor Coaster created by Kapuhy!
- Added network of coastal traffic lines for various war theaters in all campaigns which will be used by various coastal merchants, trawlers and other coastal vessels available in the game (UK, Scandinavia, France, Spain, Mediterranean ect).
- Redesigned traffic, convoys, ocean liners campaign layers and sea traffic lines for all campaign chapters.
- Added at least 30-40% more individual sea traffic (groups of 1 to 2 ships) for many previously unused harbors for all campaign chapter. Somewhat safe and protected waters will feel much more alive from now.
- Fixed large number of errors and oddities from stock and OHII campaign files. Added much more minor fixes and game improvement as well.
- Redesigned sea threat zones which will correctly redirect sea traffic during their journey. No more oddities like allied merchants near axis controlled ports/airspace or German supply ships in English channel.
- Added Type-XIV "milk-cow" sub to the German roster which will take part in submarine sea refitting operation between early 1942 to mid 1944.
- In addition to Dithmarschen Supply Ship, German auxiliary crusers and few other merchant types will from now take their role in U-boats replenishment operations as well.
- *Installation note: The update can be installed anytime but some of the changes may require fresh campaign restart in order to be activated. For Captains who do not wish to restart their current campaign changes will be activated at the beginning of the next campaign chapter.

Many many thx for you hard work and all supports of it.

Can you can tell us which changes are only active after a starting an new camapign?
At the moment I am in front of New York at Drumbait and it was a hard work untill now.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote