SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-16-20, 10:33 AM   #451
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jay View Post
All the other mods work fine which is what I don't understand. When I load up WDAD there's a never ending list of missing files.

The root address is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS

Edit: Ok seems that no mods are working now. If the MODS folder is in the data folder I don't think anything is loading.

Bump
Consult Moving a Steam Installation and Games. Your Steam install and its associated Steam Library folder (which is where the games are), being in a "Program Files" directory is what is "killing" your mods. Old DirectX v9.0c games (which includes SH3 & SH4) will not properly activate mods due to restrictions imposed by Windows UAC (User Access Control) components of the OS. Windows does not consider Silent Hunter nor JSGME as "authorized" programs, and as such, are not allowed to edit files in the "Program Files" folders. The programs were written to WindowsXP specs, not Vista and later. Once you move the install to a folder you create yourself, outside of "Program Files (x86)", then the mods should properly activate, so long as their folder structure is appropriate. If all you have for Steam games is the Silent Hunter series, or just SH4 Wolves of the Pacific and the U-Boat Missions Add-On, then it might be easier to un-install the games and Steam also, then install Steam into a folder, such as "Games", off of the "root" of your hard drive, such that you have "C:\Games \Steam..." which would then have the games in "C:\Games \Steam \SteamApps \ Common \Silent Hunter..." If you have a 2nd viable hard drive, or partition, then you can add a 2nd Library folder in the other drive and be OK that way. Either way, moving or altering a Steam install will take a good while to accomplish, just from all of the file copying...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 10:53 AM   #452
Mr Jay
Swabbie

Downloads: 316
Uploads: 0

All files have been moved to the following as the link outlines
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific

Mods are located here
C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS

Game loads fine now, however no mods are loading even though JSMG runs as an administrator and the mods are loaded on that.
Mr Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 11:15 AM   #453
Mr Jay
Swabbie

Update

Now having the same problem as before, despite moving all folders.
Old 06-16-20, 11:20 AM   #454
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Check your mod folder structure then. When you unzip the "We_Dive_at_Dawn25x.zip" file, there are more archives inside of that. Each of those must be unzipped also. Therefore, you will have several mods that you'll need to move into that MODS folder. As an example, using WDAD, after drilling down into the folder structure, you should have

"C:\Games \Steam \steamapps \common \Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific \MODS \WDAD_v100 \Data..."

with a Support folder also in there. The patch then would be

"C:\Games \Steam \steamapps \common \Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific \MODS \WDAD_v100_Patch1 \Data..."

also with a Support folder. Once you have a good folder structure, then it should activate properly. Add the other mods as you want. There are also a few attempts from other modders to add to or enhance the mod, but I cannot find them right now... The most common problem is having two folders of the same name, or trying to use a "package" of mods' root folder, and the other mods are still below that.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 11:24 AM   #455
Mr Jay
Swabbie

Everything is separate as you have outlined and set up as I had done on my Win10 laptop years ago when it worked.

Are you saying that both patch folders need to be moved inside the original? I never had to do this before and each mod was loaded in order on JSMGE
Old 06-11-21, 02:59 PM   #456
Bunkiester
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 204

Hi all,

Playing WDAD Med operations on my brand new WIN 10 machine - everything is fine, until I finally found somebody to sink... The textures weren't displayed on the Coastal Merchant (my target) until I was almost on top of it (view wise). Looking through the periscope it was black - excepting the Italian flag which was properly textured. In external view, I had to zoom in until I was practically on top of the ship before it's textures displayed.

Any ideas what's going on here ? Better yet - any ideas what I can do to fix ?

I have all graphics maxed out - all sliders to the right all the graphics checkboxes clicked "on".

No issues with memory etc. (Nvidia RTX 3080 card).

Hope you're all well b.t.w.!

Bunkiester
Bunkiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 11:55 PM   #457
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Bunkiester!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 04:51 AM   #458
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
All,

due to a fault reported in this thread and I had some free time:

I have made changes to the following file:
Data > Submarine > NSS_Triton > NSS_Triton.dat file

Here is the download link

I have made the second propeller and rudder invisible, so that they still can control the boat, but are no longer seen ingame.

Regards,
s7rikeback.
2 different rudders... & 2 sets of aft dive planes... BUT...

Thanks for the work you did, s7rikeback.

Will d/l this & add it to My copy I have of We dive at Dawn.

M. M.

post edit:

Color Me, embarrassed...

Did a bit of look up on the Brit T class sub.

Seems that old clunker, did in fact... ironically, have 2 sets of rear dive planes, after all.

Only thing is... not as close together, as was shown in the pic I posted on that thread, s7rikeback.

Also, what was thought of, as to be 2 rudders... was not the case there, either.

I believe the part of the rudder you made invisible, was the part of the rudder that pivots & the one who put the model together for use in game, was off on their computations of placement for it to line up with where it 'needed' to be. Where it ended up after everything was said & done on their part, was being offset up higher than it needed to be.

This can be seen in a 3D model, here:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...lass-Submarine

A close up view of that area:

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 08-28-21 at 05:24 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 05:53 AM   #459
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Hmmmm Ok.
I will remove the mod and posts..
Perhaps I should have checked also... lol

Update.

Right, I have deleted all my posts and the mod is gone...
Old 08-29-21, 04:16 AM   #460
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Not long ago I did a few changes to the playable T-Class in WDAD.

One of the main changes was those planes at the rear end, which didn't look quite like the real ones (they were too big). The other main change was aligning the front torpedo tubes doors with the hull. Rudder shape was changed and propeller struts? (don't know the right word) were added.

I used this image as information

This is the file:

https: //mega.nz/file/th4DHa5L#y3f-F2lAd9uyD7g0wvmaKO9u2iVp3m8kq_lrtl3dXbQ (link removed)

I did this a while ago, and I can't remember if this involved any changes to other files (playable subs are not my field of operations in SH4). I don't think so but I may be wrong. Test with care .

Last edited by JapLance; 09-02-21 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Link removed.
Old 08-30-21, 12:31 PM   #461
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Not long ago I did a few changes to the playable T-Class in WDAD.

One of the main changes was those planes at the rear end, which didn't look quite like the real ones (they were too big). The other main change was aligning the front torpedo tubes doors with the hull. Rudder shape was changed and propeller struts? (don't know the right word) were added.

I used this image as information

This is the file:

https://mega.nz/file/th4DHa5L#y3f-F2...m8kq_lrtl3dXbQ

I did this a while ago, and I can't remember if this involved any changes to other files (playable subs are not my field of operations in SH4). I don't think so but I may be wrong. Test with care .
Downloaded & shall test check it... thanks JapLance...

Will report back on My findings from testing.

M. M.

Old 08-31-21, 05:19 PM   #462
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar Re: JapLance T class...

Have d/l'ed that, from JapLance...

&...

It works just beautifully. Rudder & aft dive planes, are as they should be.. rudder's 1 of a couple I think I recall seeing, used on the T class.

Only thing now, that I'm not sure of.. is if with a career start of June, '40... if I'm supposed to NOT have or am I supposed to have, a deck gun on board... or not.

Other than that... looks great, JapLance.

Many thanks for that file there, that you posted.

Appreciated.

M. M.

Old 09-01-21, 03:54 AM   #463
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Have d/l'ed that, from JapLance...

&...

It works just beautifully. Rudder & aft dive planes, are as they should be.. rudder's 1 of a couple I think I recall seeing, used on the T class.

Only thing now, that I'm not sure of.. is if with a career start of June, '40... if I'm supposed to NOT have or am I supposed to have, a deck gun on board... or not.

Other than that... looks great, JapLance.

Many thanks for that file there, that you posted.

Appreciated.

M. M.

Glad it worked .

In relation with the gun issue, talking about June 1940 I guess you are adding the Mediterranean Campaign on top of the original WDAD.

In the Med Campaign I don't think I changed anything about the subs already present in WDAD, so yes, you are supposed to have a 4in gun in your T-Class submarine.
Old 09-01-21, 02:55 PM   #464
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Glad it worked .

In relation with the gun issue, talking about June 1940 I guess you are adding the Mediterranean Campaign on top of the original WDAD.

In the Med Campaign I don't think I changed anything about the subs already present in WDAD, so yes, you are supposed to have a 4in gun in your T-Class submarine.
JapLance...

Thanks, that mod helped.

So.... what'd you suggest, slipping the T class fix in... just before the Med campaign mod then.

M. M.

If need be, can dm you the activation list...
Old 09-02-21, 03:25 AM   #465
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I've removed the file for the T-Class since M.M. has found that it makes the deck gun disappear. I'm trying to find the cause .