SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-20, 11:40 AM   #1
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 222
Uploads: 0
Default T Class Sub

I downloaded 'We Dive At Dawn' for SH4, is it my PC or have I fouled up, when I click to go to the bridge nothing happens, also the external view isn't behaving properly.
When I view the sub I can't get a level view, I'm up in the air and if I try to move I'm still high and then I'm not centre to the sub?

I tried to install via the JGS but that never put the files in the sim so I had to do it manually, is that the cause?

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 02:27 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

There are few things to watch-out for in WDAD. First, double-check your folder structure for the mod in the MODS folder. It almost sounds like you might have a 2nd WDAD mod folder. You want "GameFolder \SH4Folder \MODSfolder \WDADfolder \DataFolder|" with each of those "folders" representing your actual folder names. Depending upon the zip utility used, and how you use it (why does that sound familiar??), you might end up with "GameFolder \SH4Folder \MODSfolder \WDADfolder \WDADfolder \DataFolder|" instead.

Another thing, make sure that you do NOT have the game installed in a "Program Files" Windows folder, such as "C:\Program Files (x86) \Ubisoft \Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific" structure, or similar. Older games such as Silent Hunter and JSGME are not "authorized" sources of changes in the Program Files folders, and Windows UAC will rollback all edits performed in that folder. You need the game installed in a folder structure of your own creation, such as "C:\Games \Silent Hunter..." or similar. You do not want to put the game folder directly in the "root" of the drive, for that just-in-case scenario... such as the first paragraph...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 06:19 PM   #3
Col7777
Grey Wolf

I don't have SH in the C: program folder, it is on my other hardrive D:

You lost me with all those folder names, I think I'm installing these things all wrong.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Old 03-26-20, 08:56 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If you are on the D: drive, and the game is not in a Windows-controlled "Program Files" folder, you are OK. There can be two "Program Files" folders on any drive of your computer, "Program Files (x86)" being the other, which is only found on a 64-bit version of Windows.

As for the folder names I used, those are just "placeholder" names to represent the folder structure. On my computer, when I first installed my v1.3 disk of SH4, I edited the install folder name and put the game in "C:\Games \SilentHunter4", and below the "SilentHunter4" folder, the game put a "Data" folder, and a "Support" folder, along with a few others. When I started using JSGME, It created a "MODS" folder inside the "SilentHunter4 folder. Any mod you use, usually has a folder named after itself as the mod's "root" folder, and then below that would be the files and folders of the mod. Such that if you use TMO 2.5, and you look at the structure from inside the TMO mod folder, you would see in the Windows' "This PC" (aka: File Manager") the path of "C:\Games \SilentHunter4 \MODS \TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5". Below that "TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5" folder would be a folder and file structure similar to the game's. If instead there is another folder named "TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5", then the folder structure is incorrect, and when you attempt to activate what looks like a mod "TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5" in JSGME, all that ends up happening is you'll see a folder of that name listed with the "Data", "MODS" and "Support" folders, but the mod isn't actually "activated" since it is sitting inside that 2nd folder... Sorry 'bout beating you over the head with that... verbosity reigns supreme...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 02:25 AM   #5
Col7777
Grey Wolf

NO NO, you are not beating over the head, though I do need it lol.

I was installing things all wrong, I had JGSME in it's own folder outside the sim.
I saw a clip on YouTube explaining how to do it, also what bothered me was in the clip on YT, it said if for example I install Mod XYZ then install Mod 123, there may a file in it that over writes a file in Mod XYZ causing it not to work properly.

So in the clip it said they should be installed in order so this doesn't happen, so with all these mods available I'm a bit worried about which to install if that makes sense.

Anyway, I deleted SH4 last night and this morning I installed a fresh copy, so I'm going to start again, hopefully I'll get it right this time.
Thank you for taking the time to help me too by the way, I do appreciate it.

Col.

Silent and Violent