SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-20, 01:42 PM   #1
rmattio
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedoes won't load

I am a relative newbie running basic SH3 on Steam. I went on a patrol and fired all 5 bow torpedoes sinking 2 ships. After that I ran into some juicy targets but the bow tubes would not load. I made sure there were plenty of experienced men in the bow torpedo room. The weather was rough so I submerged to get some calm. I let time pass. No good. The tubes would not load. I had Auto load on. I had to return to base with all reserve torpedoes waiting in the queue. Any ideas where I went wrong?
rmattio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 02:28 PM   #2
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi rmattio A Warm Welcome to Subsim were you rigging for silent running Z key turns that off and on so reloading Torpedos will commence.

Also if you have realistic reloads ticked in realism settings Torpedos take 10-12 mins to load.

SH3 QRC Quick Reference Card download link

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5617

Last edited by blackswan40; 08-10-20 at 02:47 PM.
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 02:56 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Non-loading torps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmattio View Post
I am a relative newbie running basic SH3 on Steam. I went on a patrol and fired all 5 bow torpedoes sinking 2 ships. After that I ran into some juicy targets but the bow tubes would not load. I made sure there were plenty of experienced men in the bow torpedo room. The weather was rough so I submerged to get some calm. I let time pass. No good. The tubes would not load. I had Auto load on. I had to return to base with all reserve torpedoes waiting in the queue. Any ideas where I went wrong?

Some further info would be a good place to start off with, to see of a possible solution... workaround.. fix...

Such as, to begin with.. where do you have your copy of SH3, installed.?
Followed up by, are you running it stock?, just a couple of mods added in to round it out?, mega modded with like.. GWX, LSH3, CCoM, WAC... NYGM..?

Do you have it patched with 4GB patch or using LAA (Large Address Aware, an alternative to 4GB patching..) & is the copy of SH3 just a single use or are you running multi copies of it (which would require multiSH3)?

If you are running it with any mods, other than plain out stock vanilla, & using JSGME, having 1 mod out of order, can sometimes bollux up things... so adding in the info, a listing of what mods that you have activated would also help, as well. (This can be found out & pasted in your answer, by doing the following:

Opening up JSGME, to begin with. Then by clicking on the 'tasks' link, located in the middle of JSGME, then selecting from the pop up menu the following:
'Export activated mod list to' & selecting 'text file' from the pop up menu that shows up from hovering over that selection.) Just remember where it (JSGME) sends that text copy of the mods you have activated, so as to be able to copy it so as to paste it in your answer here.

As much info as can be provided would be extremely useful, in tracking down what could be the cause of the issues you're facing...

Hope this info helps to narrow down just what is causing your issue.

M. M.

p.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Hi rmattio A Warm Welcome to Subsim were you rigging for silent running Z key turns that off and on so reloading Torpedos will commence.

Also if you have realistic reloads ticked in realism settings Torpedos take 10-12 mins to load.

SH3 QRC Quick Reference Card download link

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5617
What blackswan40 said, about running silent, could also be a cause for torps NOT reloading, as well...