SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-01-20, 01:21 PM   #646
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
You mean torpedo/gun shells holes? I see them occasionally on imported .dat ships but quite rarely.
I never had them. I didn't even realize they were supposed to show up until I watched some Let's Play videos from others on Youtube and they did have those decals working.

Quote:
Not sure is this due to ship type or something else. IIRC, NC_Waziristan will show visible hull damage. If I stumble up on some more I'll let you know so you can then compare the files if you like...
Hmm... just fired a salvo of four torpedoes at NC_Waziristan today, three impacts, no holes. Weird.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 06:02 PM   #647
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
I never had them. I didn't even realize they were supposed to show up until I watched some Let's Play videos from others on Youtube and they did have those decals working.

Hmm... just fired a salvo of four torpedoes at NC_Waziristan today, three impacts, no holes. Weird.

I also placed today few fishes in Waziristan and nothing...Maybe it was some other unit but I'm not entirely sure.

Anyway, I really don't think that something is wrong with your installation (at least you know what you're doing ). Those holes don't even appear every time on regular and stock gr2 ships as well. I'll investigate this further after the next update...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 10:51 AM   #648
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0

Hello there,

I am having the bug as per below:
1. Operating System, System spec?
Windows 10 x64 1909, system ROG G712LWS
2. Version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay download, Steam, other ?)
DVD
3. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems.
Fully updated stock game

4. If you use any non-TWoS custom mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist!
I dont use anything outside TWOS package.

5. Confirm that the Generic Patcher is correctly activated and the snapshot is successfully restored (Install instructions, step 2).
AFAIK, yes and it was not modified since my last bug report

6. Provide a screenshot of your main Silent Hunter 5 installation folder and it's content!
not modified since my last bug report.
7. JSGME screenshot!
not modified sicne my last bug report.
8. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?

I am at early stages of the war and I am yet to run into some major convoy and drama but when I find a mini convoy (2 merchants sailing together).
The issue occurs when I used UZO or scope to lock and follow targets. Here is how the bug occurs:
step1: lock and follow target 1. ID the target and release follow of the target 1.
step2: lock and follow target 2. ID the target and release follow.
Step3: go back to target 1 and press lock and follow. Now instead of game following target 1 the scope switches to target 2 and follows that one. I am unable to follow target 1 no matter what in this instance and it does not matter how many times I press SPACE to lock the target 1.

9. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves on which problem can be observed.
No screenshots to be provided as the problem is difficult to demonstrate by screenshot.
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 11:16 AM   #649
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceSub View Post

I am at early stages of the war and I am yet to run into some major convoy and drama but when I find a mini convoy (2 merchants sailing together).
The issue occurs when I used UZO or scope to lock and follow targets. Here is how the bug occurs:
step1: lock and follow target 1. ID the target and release follow of the target 1.
step2: lock and follow target 2. ID the target and release follow.
Step3: go back to target 1 and press lock and follow. Now instead of game following target 1 the scope switches to target 2 and follows that one. I am unable to follow target 1 no matter what in this instance and it does not matter how many times I press SPACE to lock the target 1.

Hehe, I know that annoyance but it's a game problem which can not be addressed by the megamod.

What I do in these situations is to keep pressing repeatedly (like crazy actually ) "space" on target 2 until the game "unlocks" it or to simply track targets manually with my periscope, which is actually more realistic after all...
Old 08-03-20, 03:33 PM   #650
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66

Oh OK. Thank you for confirming, I just wanted to make sure that it's not some mod bug or user error.

Anyway, thnx for this mod. Having loads of fun and I see effort put in.

One thing that I really would like to see is some das boot sound effects and such. I know they were mods made for that in the past but not sure if those things can be integrated here. They would really improve ambiance.
Anyway, thnx for this mega mod.
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 07:41 AM   #651
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceSub View Post
Oh OK. Thank you for confirming, I just wanted to make sure that it's not some mod bug or user error.

Anyway, thnx for this mod. Having loads of fun and I see effort put in.

One thing that I really would like to see is some das boot sound effects and such. I know they were mods made for that in the past but not sure if those things can be integrated here. They would really improve ambiance.
Anyway, thnx for this mega mod.
You can use Das Boot Speech mod but you'll have to remove sh.sdl file from it...
Old 08-05-20, 01:24 PM   #652
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

1. Windows 10 Home Edition, Acer Nitro 5, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1650, Intel 15-9300H processor, and 512 GB SSD

2. I use the Uplay download version of the game. Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Gold Edition

3. The vanilla game works without problems and my game is patched to version 1.2

4. JSGME Screenshot:

I just updated the mod to version 2.2.20 yesterday and the game worked without problems. My last and most recent save game was when I was on the surface, and I was heading back to base, after sinking 40,000+ tons from a convoy. It was getting late so I saved the game and went to bed. Today, I tried to play my most recent save game, the game would load to the main menu, and I would load my save game, it would get to the black screen and the music would quit for a second, but then the game would CTD. I thought the save game was corrupted, so I reloaded another save game, but that crashed in the same exact manner as well.
I will upload the problematic save game incase you need to take a look.
Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...kv?usp=sharing

I have no idea what I would cause it to work one day and make it stop the next day.

TIA

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 06:01 PM   #653
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post

I just updated the mod to version 2.2.20 yesterday and the game worked without problems. My last and most recent save game was when I was on the surface, and I was heading back to base, after sinking 40,000+ tons from a convoy. It was getting late so I saved the game and went to bed. Today, I tried to play my most recent save game, the game would load to the main menu, and I would load my save game, it would get to the black screen and the music would quit for a second, but then the game would CTD. I thought the save game was corrupted, so I reloaded another save game, but that crashed in the same exact manner as well.
I will upload the problematic save game incase you need to take a look.
Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...kv?usp=sharing

I have no idea what I would cause it to work one day and make it stop the next day.

TIA
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=4790

Should I mention that this link is taken from included TWoS documentation, "Solving issues" section to be exact?

Probably your mod list is causing the problems. Remove those water drips. It's a mod from 2010 and it's overwriting very sensitive submarine sim files...How did you came to the conclusion that it is compatible with TWoS after all?

Last edited by vdr1981; 08-05-20 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-06-20, 01:06 AM   #654
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Probably your mod list is causing the problems. Remove those water drips. It's a mod from 2010 and it's overwriting very sensitive submarine sim files...How did you came to the conclusion that it is compatible with TWoS after all?

I use Roboots's Water Drips 1.1 too but I did not start SH5 after Update TWoS from v2.2.19 to v2.2.20. I can have a try at the weekend and can tell if I get CTD with this addons too.
With older versions of TWoS I had not any issues with Roboots's Water Drips 1.1.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 10:09 AM   #655
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
I use Roboots's Water Drips 1.1 too but I did not start SH5 after Update TWoS from v2.2.19 to v2.2.20. I can have a try at the weekend and can tell if I get CTD with this addons too.
With older versions of TWoS I had not any issues with Roboots's Water Drips 1.1.
Yea I did not have any issues with the water drips, until now. I deleted the "Special.txt" and I disabled the water drips mod and my game runs now, thank you vdr1981!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Old 08-07-20, 09:28 AM   #656
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
Yea I did not have any issues with the water drips, until now.

I done a short test today and I had not any CTD, issues or something else with active Roboots's Water Drips 1.1.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 05:02 PM   #657
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
I done a short test today and I had not any CTD, issues or something else with active Roboots's Water Drips 1.1.
You may not have any CTD now but you will probably mess up entire range of carefully adjusted values from submarine sim files. That mod is just to old. Anyway, this not the thread for custom mod lists. This thred should be for TWoS users only...
Old 08-10-20, 08:55 PM   #658
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75

Windows 10, notebook computer, 4K display. 16GB Ram, Intel core i7-8850H @ 2.6 GHz. Graphics Nvidia Quadro P3200, driver 451.77.

I have installed stock SH5 from Uplay. v.120 in upper-right-hand corner when I launch the stock game. Stock game launches fine.

Exited game, ran TWOS 2.2.20 installer.

Installer finished with no issues.

When I launch the game from inside Uplay, I get the splash screen with spinning wait cursor, and it has sat as long as 2 hours and nothing happens.

I have installed to c:\Uplay\Games\Silent Hunter 5\

I have gone to compatibility settings on the sh5.exe and set it to run as admin and override DPI settings by Application.

If I try to launch from the SH5.exe directly, Uplay asks me to go online, and when I do, it asks for an access code.

Also, I have no mods enabled.

Steve
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 09:41 PM   #659
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

I had this issue before, originally it was the issue where my game would CTD if I tried to do a campaign or continue one or even do anything playable like the Museum or a Single mission. That took me 2 months to find a fix, then I had to deal with the BS you are experinicing with Uplay. That took me another month to fix. Then I finally got the game into a playable state but then I had another month of issues with my own custom modlist before I switched to TWoS and I haven't had a major issue since.

I believe you can view your product key even if it is a download by clicking on your profile picture while you are ONLINE and if you click "Account Information" and then you click "My games" you can find a list of your games and you should be able to click "Show Key" on Silent Hunter 5.

Old 08-10-20, 10:37 PM   #660
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75

Yes, I have just discovered how to "view key" in Uplay. I am about to try that.

I have just done a complete uninstall of SH5 and Uplay, and re-installed.

The stock game now works, as before.

It is 1.2.0

Steve
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote