Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-20, 10:20 PM   #1
Scorpo
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default New greenhorn getting my feet wet

I'm new to sub sims having discovered this gaming subgenre on YouTube not all that long ago. I remember watching my son play Cold Waters thinking 'man that game is SOOOOO slow!' My puny little Call of Duty brain failed to catch and embrace the thousands of calculations running in realtime that were the determining factor between success or failure and literally life or death. Well now I'm hooked and a bit overwhelmed. That's when I found SubSim, my life buoy to help guide me towards the correct heading.

I'm playing U Boat right now, getting ready to start messing around with mods. I have my eye on Silent Hunter III and the copious (overwhelming) number of mods available for it. I may check out Cold Waters at some point, but the historical and brooding atmosphere of those WW II u-boat games are undeniably alluring. I also just learned about Wolfpack and may give it a go when it goes on sale or I get a bonus from my work.

So hello there from sunny southern California, home to the Navy Base San Diego and the huge Port of Los Angeles. I don't have much else to add, but I look forward to learning more about life below the surface via games and documentaries as well as getting to know some of you salty dogs. o7
Scorpo is offline   Reply With Quote