SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-13, 03:41 PM   #16
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
No listing for OMv720_Patch1, there is a OMv720_Patch5 which I'm downloading now.
Hmmm. I don't have that one. Patch 5 should include everything that went before it.

Quote:
Here's the problem, instead of copying the German campaigns into the Campaign folder it installed in a separate CampaignGE folder. For whatever reason the game is not reading that folder. This is Windows XP Media Edition BTW, so it's not a Vista / Windows 7 UAC issue since there ain't no UAC in XP.
That's weird. Can you manually move the files into the correct folder? My computer is an eight-year-old single core Pentium running XP, and everything works fine.

Quote:
Just to clear up one possible source of confusion - I'm running the D2D version of Silent Hunter IV patched to 1.4, no TMO or RFB or RSRD mods. I haven't bought the 1.5 U-boat addon.
Does this Operation Monsun require the 1.5 U-boat addon or not?
It absolutely does. Without it the game doesn't even know what a u-boat is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido View Post
I installed exactly as explained here but loading screen doesn't change. Uninstalled the whole game and started from scratch but same result. Could it be that the downloaded files are corrupt? I downloaded them here on Subsim.com.
I downloaded it from there, and mine works fine.

Quote:
That's why I'm asking about the 1.5 uboat expansion pack, we're assuming that's not needed for this, maybe it is?
Yes it is.

Quote:
My game is patched with the U-Boat Missions (1.5.0.0.0), I get the careers to start in 1939 but no OM loading screen. Something is missing here, anybody else out there playing OM? What should the loading screen look like?
I don't currently have it installed. I'll get back to you on that. Meanwhile, if you can play a u-boat career, go for it.
Old 01-26-13, 03:48 PM   #17
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

Thanks for your reply Sailor Steve! Maybe we are mistaken about the loading screen? That seems to be the only thing missing...
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 04:19 PM   #18
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Thanks for your reply Sailor Steve! Maybe we are mistaken about the loading screen? That seems to be the only thing missing...
Maybe I am mistaken about the loading screen. I just reinstalled SH4 and installed the basic OM v705 without using JSGME, just stuck the data folder into SH4. It loaded with the regular SH4 U-Boat Missions loading screen and everything works as it should.

I could swear I had an OM loading screen before. Maybe I should stop swearing.
Old 01-26-13, 04:35 PM   #19
mido
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Maybe I am mistaken about the loading screen. I just reinstalled SH4 and installed the basic OM v705 without using JSGME, just stuck the data folder into SH4. It loaded with the regular SH4 U-Boat Missions loading screen and everything works as it should.

I could swear I had an OM loading screen before. Maybe I should stop swearing.
Here we go...
Nevertheless, there is an alternate OM loading screen in the download section, maybe you were using that one? I will give it a try.

Thanks for your extra effort!
Old 01-26-13, 04:53 PM   #20
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Found it! It was in the OMEGU 300 folder, which I didn't bother to install.

Old 01-26-13, 05:10 PM   #21
mido
Engineer

OK, installed OMEGU and finally get the alternate loading screen, cool.
But it changed my game from German to English. Is there a way to get it back to German?
Old 01-26-13, 06:27 PM   #22
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Well, I just went over this carefully;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...13&postcount=1

It doesn't mention the U-Boat expansion pack anyplace that I can find, it also doesn't mention any particular version number of SH4. If it requires the 1.5 PATCH is there a free 1.5 patch someplace? Or does it need the expansion pack and that's just something everyone assumed we would know?
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 07:07 PM   #23
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
OK, installed OMEGU and finally get the alternate loading screen, cool.
But it changed my game from German to English. Is there a way to get it back to German?
Well, I'm biased, but I recommend this:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1083
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1911
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1529
Old 01-26-13, 07:08 PM   #24
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Well, I just went over this carefully;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...13&postcount=1

It doesn't mention the U-Boat expansion pack anyplace that I can find, it also doesn't mention any particular version number of SH4. If it requires the 1.5 PATCH is there a free 1.5 patch someplace? Or does it need the expansion pack and that's just something everyone assumed we would know?
Yes, the expansion pack is the 1.5 patch, and it is only available for a price. The price is pretty low these days, though.
Old 01-26-13, 08:21 PM   #25
mido
Engineer

Thanks for the links! Why are you biased? I happen to be trilingual and watched the movie "Run silent, run deep" in English, "Das Boot" in German and Mexican movies in Spanish.
Old 01-26-13, 08:52 PM   #26
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Why are you biased?
Because I made the mod. Well, actually it was created for SH2 by a team, whom I credit in the readme. But I converted it to use in SH3 and SH4.
Old 01-26-13, 10:02 PM   #27
mido
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Because I made the mod. Well, actually it was created for SH2 by a team, whom I credit in the readme. But I converted it to use in SH3 and SH4.
Congratulations, excellent job!!!. And by the way, thanks to your extra effort today I am really starting to enjoy playing SH4 with OM and OMEGU. I just got sunk at U-Boot school...

But one more question, please: In the Pacific Theater it was better to shoot the torpedoes at an angle of not 90 degrees. In SH3/ GWX it was better to shoot the torpedoes as close as possible to a 90 degree angle. Is this the same with SH4 and OM?
What I try to say is the angle at impact.

Last edited by mido; 01-26-13 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-26-13, 10:44 PM   #28
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
But one more question, please: In the Pacific Theater it was better to shoot the torpedoes at an angle of not 90 degrees. In SH3/ GWX it was better to shoot the torpedoes as close as possible to a 90 degree angle. Is this the same with SH4 and OM?
What I try to say is the angle at impact.
I don't know, but I doubt it. In real life the Germans had a contact pistol that worked best with as direct a strike as possible. The American torpedoes had the problem that a direct strike could bend the firing pin and make it not work. I think that SH3 and SH4 have it correct, but while the U-boat add-on put the Germans back in, I don't think it changed the way it works in SH4.

I could be completely wrong on that.
Old 02-19-13, 11:48 AM   #29
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Sorry to reanswer Salior Steve's post's, he's quite right......you need to have the 1.5 version of the game to try any of the latest Operation Monsun mods.

I used Direct2Drive to purchase the added German Missions patch (version 1.5) when it first came out. When D2D passed off their work to Gamefly I decided not to open another can of worms and looked for a CD version of the Gold Edition. I found it on iNetvideo for under $9.00. Received it within 3 days of purchase. I see the price has dropped since I purchased, down to under $8.00 now!

Still higher than buying SH5 for only $6.49 (tells you which game is more desired).

Once installed, "extract" a fresh copy of JSGME to the desktop......copy/paste the folder "MODS", and the remaining files:
JoneSoft.txt
JSGME.exe
JSGME.ini
JSGMEHelp.txt
to your UbiSoft/Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific game folder (or wherever you put it). By all means, open JSGME and go to the "Tasks" menu. Have JSGME take a Snapshot of your fresh SH4 game files. You'll use it later, after loading/unloading mods, to compare the stock game files with the files you had when the game was first installed. That's the only way of knowing for sure if your stock game files have been corrupted with the various ways mods will do. If JSGME was fool proof, they wouldn't have put this feature in it's application.

Download the following Operation Monsun and OMEGU mods found in the "Downloads" menu of this forum, look under SH4, "Mega-mods" section:
OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 7

Make sure the 5 "extracted" above mods are in the "MODS" folder of JSGME.....with their mod title name as the first folder.......the second folder should have the title "Data" under each mod. If the "Data" folder is not in the second folder position of the mod, there's too many folders of something? in your extraction. The mod will not install correctly.

The OMEGU v300 mod is the only OM mod that provides an new/different load screen with the Operation Monsun name as a title.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 02-19-13 at 12:00 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-13, 12:51 PM   #30
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Thanks for clearing that up, Capn.